The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Login Failed: Connection to server timed out & Other login errors

HalvarIronfist
HalvarIronfist
✭✭✭✭
I've never had an issue logging into ESO in the years-time I've owned it on PS4, all of a sudden last night I started getting these login errors.

Gave it some time, got in later without issue, and played for 2 ish hours.

This morning/afternoon, same thing has happened. This is completely out of the blue and nothing seems to fix it.

"Login failed Connection to server timed out, please try again later"

It is not my internet, I'm able to do anything else.

It is not PSN. I am logged in, and I can see friends online doing other things.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having same problem USA east cost are there severe problems?
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    USA Midwest here. According to my guild, random members are having the same issue. No word on why, or a fix.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got as log on screen once then kicked
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got on, fully.

This is the first time out of maybe 40-60 tries.

3 hours after post time.

This was the same way last night, hopefully it stays fixed.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just made it also had to go to settings and keep running internet check and it didn’t connect to PSN so just kept doing it till it found it
  • DearLady
    DearLady
    ✭✭
    I've never really had any problems either in all the years I've been playing this game (and I can connect to everything else outside of the game so I don't think it's my connection) but the past few days I'll log into the game, it'll be fine until all of a sudden everything stops and I'm suddenly logged out. No error code or any explanation... Just back at the log in screen. Sometimes it'll say "could not connect to server" or something along those lines, but multiple times I'm literally just back at the log in screen with nothing said. I'll log back in and be right back where I started but then 10 ish minutes later it'll do it again. It's very strange... I don't know if I should repair my client or... Which is why I googled and found this post.

Edited by DearLady on March 12, 2018 12:07AM
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    There may be a bug in the last PSN update just did it Friday and then the problem
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Login Failed: Connection to server timed out

Happening to me now.
    Any fixes?
    Or just wait it out?

Xbox NA.

I jinxed me self with that damn post earlier.
    Edited by AngelFires333 on March 21, 2019 10:15AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is over a year old we will be closing the discussion. If you need assistance with an Xbox login issue you can post in the forum linked below.

Xbox One Technical Support
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.