Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat bug needs fixing

Zer0oo
Zer0oo
✭✭✭✭✭
Please fix the combat bug in pvp and or adjust what you can do while being still stuck in combat. The changes with murkmire were really bad and making the game way less enjoyable.
  • you can not mount
    making cyrodill a even bigger pain to get from one place to another. It used to be a horse simulator but it got degraded to a walking simulator.
  • change skills
    one of the worst changes ever made. ofc you should not being able to change skills during a real fight but quite often you actually no longer fight but trying to avoid to a fight to adjust your build. Maybe you are in a dungeon but forgot to slot a skill but your team is already fighting, bad luck you will never being able to change skills. You are in cyro and need to slot another skill for keep defense like a negate, well out of luck my friend. You are in a bg? I hope you never have to change skills because you will be 100% always in combat
  • morph skills - not even sure why they locked this. If i level something i want to being able to morph it even midfight
  • change quick slots
    a real nightmare in cyro. You can no longer quick slot siege in combat. This mean you either have all siege you want to use slotted before or you can never use them. Want to ram the main gate but you have not quick slotted it, no ram for you. Want to get a another siege slotted to defend the inner keep? No can do
  • no gear change in combat
    same as skill change but it most of the time hurts bg players because if they want to change build to adjust to game mode, team and enemy team they are screwed.

Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
- Update 23
  • Nicalas
    Nicalas
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if we could see some improvement on this. I play stamden when grouping and often get to a fight minutes after the rest of my teammates. I simply cannot get out of combat to use a stone, mount, or transitus.

It is frustrating and also concerning for two reasons. I often lose out on AP because I miss entire engagements. I am fearful I might be removed from my group due to my inability to participate as I am always the last player to show up.

Often times I am stuck at Alessia waiting to exit combat as the rest of my team has ported to Bleakers rode to Chalman and started the fight. Nothing worse than hearing group calls and looking like the one dude pugging out.
    Edited by Nicalas on March 18, 2019 10:34AM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah i forgot you can not port at all and better jump off some high edges to kill yourself to port.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    oh yeah i forgot you can not port at all and better jump off some high edges to kill yourself to port.

Death does not end the in combat bug. I have died, resurrected at a keep not in combat, including a main base that cannot be attacked, and still be in combat.

Zos did finally acknowledge this bug. However, they did not pin a thread to the Dev Tracker which is what they do to show they are working on something. So it is questionable what kind of priority this issue has. My guess is Zos does not know what they did to break it, which is a common issue as well.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed the in combat bug is much worse after fighting ball groups. Same with lag. Something about the ball groups the game has a hard time handling.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still can't believe they haven't fixed this issue after so many months. So many months with a game breaking bug. So many months to resolve a priority 1 bug.

And I'm even more surprised they do not provide any updates about this situation.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    and fixes further movement issues around Keeps in Cyrodiil.

This may be related to the combat bug.
    Though I'm not 100% sure.

Edited by Universe on March 18, 2019 3:26PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    Watch any streamer and it’s non stop complaining about this bug because it takes forever for it to go away. If this the product Zos wants new potential customers to see? I don’t know about you but I will not buy a game anymore unless I see the beta play or or gameplay if it has been out for a while.

If this is not on top of the bug list it needs to be there. Who knows they fix this and I might be able to get out of combat to go through the Wayrest Sewer door......

Not just a PvP bug!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many times in PvP I just get stuck in combat forever. No single enemy around, no damage/healing done or taken, but you stay in combat and can't do ***. And like someone else posted above, sometimes not even dying fixes this.
    Terribly annoying bugs like this are slowly killing PvP for me. But hey, we get new stuff in the crown store.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    common zos say something

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_Gilliam
    - Update 23
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to repost what I had written during last October's PTS:
    code65536 wrote: »
    From the first week's patch notes:
    Fixed an issue where you could add or remove abilities on your ability bar while you were in combat.

Originally: You could not edit your skill bar while in combat, but there were two exceptions:
    1. If you did not participate in combat for a period of time (i.e., if you took no damage and dealt no damage), you could change your abilities. E.g., in a trial, you might run off to a corner of the room, avoid taking damage for a little while, and then make adjustments. In the overland, you could kite an enemy that's chasing you, and after not taking any hits for a while, you could adjust your abilities. In both cases, you are still technically in combat (if you open your skills window, there will be the pulsing red border around your screen), but you are allowed to change abilities if you effectively left combat by avoiding participation in combat.
    2. If you are dead, you can always change your abilities (if you are in a group and the rest of the group is in combat around you, then you will remain in combat even while dead).

What got broken: In the Wolfhunter patch, the combat ability change restrictions all went away. You could change abilities in combat even if you have recently took damage or dealt damage and are still alive. This needed to be fixed.

What is currently on the PTS: The "fix" on the PTS, however, does not return the game to the original behavior. It goes much further and eliminates two the exceptions that were originally there. Now, if you are in a dungeon or trial, dying will not allow you to make adjustments to your bar--the entire group must wipe. It's also no longer possible to avoid taking/dealing damage for a period of time to gain an opportunity to change your abilities.

Why this is a problem: The original behavior respected the spirit of the no-changes-in-combat rule. It allowed changes if you were technically in combat but were not really in combat because you had disengaged or died. Death, in particular, should let you change abilities: on the PTS currently, if you died and decided that you need to change your bar to avoid future deaths like that, you have to ask your group to wipe and reset the entire fight. Also, in a game where "stuck in combat" bugs are not uncommon, being able to change abilities when you were effectively out of combat was a nice reprieve from the effects of those bugs.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Why can't we just go back to the way it was originally? Do you really intend for this fix to go well beyond what actually got broken?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler "Stuck in combat" has been in the game since the beginning. It's just that it used to be a lot more sensible in its restrictions. You're "in combat" but haven't done or taken any damage in a period of time? Okay, lets lift those in-combat restrictions. Why these sensible mitigations were eliminated is just bewildering.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JackAshes wrote: »
    Watch any streamer and it’s non stop complaining about this bug because it takes forever for it to go away. If this the product Zos wants new potential customers to see? I don’t know about you but I will not buy a game anymore unless I see the beta play or or gameplay if it has been out for a while.

If this is not on top of the bug list it needs to be there. Who knows they fix this and I might be able to get out of combat to go through the Wayrest Sewer door......

Not just a PvP bug!!!!!!!!!!!

If it's a streamer, I'm all for these issues to REMAIN. They've done enough damage to PvP already.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of the biggest quality of life anti-improvements and they let it in for ages
    - Update 23
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to repost what I had written during last October's PTS:
    From the first week's patch notes:
    Fixed an issue where you could add or remove abilities on your ability bar while you were in combat.

Originally: You could not edit your skill bar while in combat, but there were two exceptions:
    1. If you did not participate in combat for a period of time (i.e., if you took no damage and dealt no damage), you could change your abilities. E.g., in a trial, you might run off to a corner of the room, avoid taking damage for a little while, and then make adjustments. In the overland, you could kite an enemy that's chasing you, and after not taking any hits for a while, you could adjust your abilities. In both cases, you are still technically in combat (if you open your skills window, there will be the pulsing red border around your screen), but you are allowed to change abilities if you effectively left combat by avoiding participation in combat.
    2. If you are dead, you can always change your abilities (if you are in a group and the rest of the group is in combat around you, then you will remain in combat even while dead).

What got broken: In the Wolfhunter patch, the combat ability change restrictions all went away. You could change abilities in combat even if you have recently took damage or dealt damage and are still alive. This needed to be fixed.

What is currently on the PTS: The "fix" on the PTS, however, does not return the game to the original behavior. It goes much further and eliminates two the exceptions that were originally there. Now, if you are in a dungeon or trial, dying will not allow you to make adjustments to your bar--the entire group must wipe. It's also no longer possible to avoid taking/dealing damage for a period of time to gain an opportunity to change your abilities.

Why this is a problem: The original behavior respected the spirit of the no-changes-in-combat rule. It allowed changes if you were technically in combat but were not really in combat because you had disengaged or died. Death, in particular, should let you change abilities: on the PTS currently, if you died and decided that you need to change your bar to avoid future deaths like that, you have to ask your group to wipe and reset the entire fight. Also, in a game where "stuck in combat" bugs are not uncommon, being able to change abilities when you were effectively out of combat was a nice reprieve from the effects of those bugs.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Why can't we just go back to the way it was originally? Do you really intend for this fix to go well beyond what actually got broken?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler "Stuck in combat" has been in the game since the beginning. It's just that it used to be a lot more sensible in its restrictions. You're "in combat" but haven't done or taken any damage in a period of time? Okay, lets lift those in-combat restrictions. Why these sensible mitigations were eliminated is just bewildering.

totally agreed
    - Update 23
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It used to be after 6 seconds on not dealing or taking damage you could change skills. Worst change to the game ever
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP. They moved it to the bug section to die a silence death there
    - Update 23
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be a warden problem? Had to run all the way roebeck to ash. Ridiculous!
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix this bug!
  • PunkAben
    PunkAben
    ✭✭✭
    How hard can it be ?
    Fix the combat bug or get help to fix it !
    The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do.The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.Ted NelsonElder Scrolls Online most balanced part is maybe the the number of bugs and not bugs!
  • Steel-256
    Steel-256
    ✭✭✭
    I found this thread and just wanted to state I have been in combat for 10 minutes and im sitting here in stealth on a rock not near any keeps or enemies. But I bet they will not reply or fix this until there next big update 3 months down the road. Why can't we get a team that will be on top of things and communicate with us
    STEEL PURE MAN
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey, this stupid and game breaking bug is still there.

It makes it impossible to actually catch a scroll runner
    - Update 23