The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Name and Race Change "Sale" isn't enough

cheifsoap
cheifsoap
✭✭✭✭✭
20% off isn't enough, especially for the complete overhaul of races that was done this patch. I'm extremely disappointed in this.

And before anyone comes in with the whole "you got 3 for free", right I get it - thanks but a lot of us have 10+ characters that went a specific path for race based on what they did at the time. However; YMMV
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes aren’t so significant that they require a race change on 10+ characters, even for meta-humpers.

Signed - a PC players with 10 competitive, end game toons.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »
    20% off isn't enough, especially for the complete overhaul of races that was done this patch. I'm extremely disappointed in this.

And before anyone comes in with the whole "you got 3 for free", right I get it - thanks but a lot of us have 10+ characters that went a specific path for race based on what they did at the time. However; YMMV

Said this from the start when Zos put them on sale for 16% before the announcement. So Zos added another 4% off and that is that. Maybe ask for a crown sale instead :) because this ship has sailed far away~°·

I agree with you but I don't see it happening.
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    The changes aren’t so significant that they require a race change on 10+ characters, even for meta-humpers.

Tell that to any/all stam characters. Right now, Orc is the best. Magic classes, tanks, and healers are all fairly "balanced".
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you had made Argonians from the beginning you wouldn't have that problem
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2vulzu.jpg
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell that to any/all stam characters. Right now, Orc is the best. Magic classes, tanks, and healers are all fairly "balanced".

Less than 2k separates the parses on my redguard, orc, and bosmer dps toons. The changes aren’t as big as you’re making them out to be.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Less than 2k separates the parses on my redguard, orc, and bosmer dps toons. The changes aren’t as big as you’re making them out to be.

2k is a lot and that tbh isn't my point. My point is subjective of course and congrats, you disagree with it. The sale for my needs, isn't enough. My situation is that I made stam toons based on a certain race because they were best in slot at the time and now they're not.
    Edited by cheifsoap on March 12, 2019 4:25PM
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My situation is that I made stam toons based on a certain race because they were best in slot at the time and now they're not.

Give it time and they'll be BiS again. Or change them and this issue will present itself again someday, I guess
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you running for score on those ten characters?
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Of course not. But I use a stamblade for PVP and PVE. StamSorc for PVP, DK etc. This game doesn't have a reasonable way to swap specs otherwise I'd have a lot less characters.
    Edited by cheifsoap on March 12, 2019 4:38PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Of course not (snip)

Okay, then I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment. Continue on though.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on March 12, 2019 4:46PM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea.... sorry but it's not outperforming enough to justify the temper tantrums.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course not. But I use a stamblade for PVP and PVE. StamSorc for PVP, DK etc. This game doesn't have a reasonable way to swap specs otherwise I'd have a lot less characters.

What do you mean no reasonable way? Every point can be changed individually. Oh noes, it's not multi-spec like wow was? The horror...
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your "needs"? How insecure are you?
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I respect your opinion, I think part of the problem comes from people's expectations.

MMO's are games that are constantly changing and evolving as I am sure you are aware. Adjustments to the game, its classes and races just comes with the territory of playing an MMO. This is of course clearly stated in the T&Cs of virtually all MMOs. Changes are inevitable over the course of an MMO's lifetime and while considering such changes they do not look upon the individual needs of certain players, they make changes for the good (or bad!) of the game as a whole.

Personally I am surprised that ZOS gave out name and race changes for free at all, they were certainly not required too. We are all invested in our characters, and large unwanted changes to them are less than ideal. But people need to balance their expectations, and ZOS has to draw a line somewhere when dealing with the health of the game, be it from a gameplay or financial standpoint.

Just my two cents.

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish they gave 0 free changes and no discounts at this point. I'd rather have all the whiners quit. So much stupid entitlement from people that must have never played an MMORPG or read the stuff they agreed to
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish they gave 0 free changes and no discounts at this point. I'd rather have all the whiners quit. So much stupid entitlement from people that must have never played an MMORPG or read the stuff they agreed to

I understand where you're coming from but how is that entitlement and major whining?

End game pvers want to min max everything which includes racial passives that are gonna perform the best in terms of stam and mag dps, healers, and tanks.

There was a huge overhaul of passives. Stam dps was almost exclusively redguard, now people who want the most dps want orcs. Same with magicka, high elves and Bretons are top dogs but most magicka dps rolled with dark elves cause of their passives for flame damage and max magicka.

Same issue with healers and tanks. most of my friends were argonian but have to reroll to breton or Nord or imperial.

Oh well. I guess 3 is better than nothing but this racial ploy definitely gonna be filling zos pockets regardless
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »

I understand where you're coming from but how is that entitlement and major whining?

End game pvers want to min max everything which includes racial passives that are gonna perform the best in terms of stam and mag dps, healers, and tanks.

There was a huge overhaul of passives. Stam dps was almost exclusively redguard, now people who want the most dps want orcs. Same with magicka, high elves and Bretons are top dogs but most magicka dps rolled with dark elves cause of their passives for flame damage and max magicka.

Same issue with healers and tanks. most of my friends were argonian but have to reroll to breton or Nord or imperial.

Oh well. I guess 3 is better than nothing but this racial ploy definitely gonna be filling zos pockets regardless

1. The entire point of the change was to minimize racial impact. Which it did.
    2. To continue point 1, they changed nothing to the point where a race that was good at X build is no longer good. The difference between the race that was best and the one that is now best is not significant
    3. ZoS is the only company I have ever seen give free race changes on a rebalance. Even much bigger games
    4. It is entitlement because people think a company owes them something even though you agreed to the ToS that states thing are subject to change without refund or compensation.
    5. You do not HAVE to change anything. You want to. If you want to chase 500dps out of a 60k parse. Pay for it.
    6. Its major whining because the vast majority of people seem to fail to understand how little the changes actually matter

Any other questions?