The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where's what we paid for?

Doyle414
Doyle414
As we all know, ESO has some fantastic potential. It could be everything ZOS would try to tell us it is. Unfortunately, it's not. Unfortunately the game is so plagued by lag (and bugs among other things) that have gone unfixed for years. The game is simply unplayable for half of the world, and semi playable for the rest. Despite this, the game has been used to milk money out of the lot of us. And not just with ESO+ subscription fees and crowns, but also more gross and abusive tactics such as loot boxes and "oh this isn't DLC, this is a chapter. More money, please or leave".

All this is, at best, immoral. I begin to wonder how it's even legal really. Either way it's not right. I'm reaching out to players to say this: If you agree and you don't want to put up with it, don't. I'm definitely not anymore. I'll be leaving the game and doing my best to recover every cent I've spent on it. They still haven't provided a working product and do not deserve to be paid. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have a few ideas but I'm also interested in hearing about the best way to go about it.

And yes, I know this will probably be taken down pretty quick. But whatever, anyone who gets the chance to read this and/or reply is a plus. Plus there's plenty of places that are not moderated by ZOS or anyone else with a finger in the pie. If it's not here, it's everywhere else.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doyle414 wrote: »
    I'll be leaving the game ... And yes, I know this will probably be taken down pretty quick.

You said it best yourself: This thread will be closed pretty soon.

Can I haz ur stuff?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry you are not enjoying the game. Clearly it is time for you to find a game you enjoy more. Hope you enjoy your journey.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, let me get a few things out of the way

- ESO+ is actually pretty fair. You're getting quite a lot of convenience bonuses PLUS your money back in crowns.
    - You don't have to spend a cent on the game after buying it if you really don't want to.

Having said that, yes I agree with some of what you've said. It does feel like they are wasting more resources in trying to squeeze money out of the game instead of optimising it so it's playable for a lot of us.
    Performance has been so bad lately that I can't stand to play it at all. But instead of rage quitting I just don't spend a single penny on it bar the subscription because I can always sell the crowns I guess.
    I don't buy crates, I don't spend any of my own money on the crown store, I won't buy chapters. They'll get nothing until I can log on and not be hindered with crippled performance.

At the end of the day it's, IMHO, the best MMO out there. All they need to do is take some time to optimise it. I'm pretty sure a large majority of the players wouldn't mind missing some half-baked DLCs (because that's all they are lately) if ZOS were able to improve the health of the game.
    But I can't see it happening, because the guys upstairs want them to push out as much paid content as possible, even if it means their poor optimisations get swept under the rug. Having 999+ ping won't make you look any less swag with that sweet haircut and costume from the crown store amirite, it's all good!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

With this thread being a quit thread, we're going to go ahead and close it down. Keep in mind that quit threads do violate the Forum Rules for their tendency to go downhill quickly.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.