Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

lol pug is nightmare

Pulque
Pulque
✭✭✭
I need a troll king shoulder, don’t wanna bother friends so I started pug. Last two vpledge were coa2 and bc2, today it’s coh1.
My mates were very cute. I met stamblade who kept spamming only arrow spray, magsorc who channel cf all the time and yadayada. 20k group dps lol, five times a day, 5/7 runs.
I guess I’m too old for pug. I need to take a break. People back in imperial city dlc pulled 20k. Now it’s year 9012. 😂
I start wondering why zos couldn’t just make a starter rotation and gear setup for them. You know, a training room, nice tutorial woman voice tells you “hey, put dots first. Well done. Now spam sth. Great you finish the rotation.””we recommend Julianos as starter gear.”
This game is hard lol.
  • Dragneel1207
    Dragneel1207
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rotation (i did not know what was that when i started. and even after reaching Cp160 ..lol)is difficult if the person is new to mmos and eso attracts a lot of casual players and elder scroll fans
    and they should add tutorials for pvp (like seriously)
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems like alot of new players are around these days. I barely get grouped with people over 300CP.
    Do like 85% group dps.
    Wasn't always like this. And worst part, you wait for 40 minutes in queue for that..
    DF seems to be terribly broken too since wrathstone.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, quite weird times recently. I also had some weird DD yesterday, I joined a random vet into Ruins of Mazzatun, last boss - He was using 1h/shield...and on top of it, he only did light attacks. Quite funny indeed...

Well, maybe we are experiencing a phase with less competent people around in randoms. I don't blame them, because who knows what impares their thinking process and is not their own fault? You never know absolutely for certain what's happening on the other side of the line, could be a cat steping across a keyboard.

Some more tutorials could make sense, I suppose. But it's better to tell people yourself, even if it's an immense test of patience.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like alot of new players are around these days. I barely get grouped with people over 300CP.
    Do like 85% group dps.
    Wasn't always like this. And worst part, you wait for 40 minutes in queue for that..
    DF seems to be terribly broken too since wrathstone.

Group finder has always been really hit and miss in my experience. I’ve had some outstanding groups, and painful groups back to back.

I will say that I agree with you that I have met a lot of newer players via group finder too. Personally, I’m really encouraged by this. The game isn’t new, and I have friends that act like it’s dying, so I always feel a little reassured meeting newer players.
    Edited by Raammzzaa on March 15, 2019 7:47PM
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tanked bc2 last night. Self sustained 6 daedroths while the 2 810 dps w9rked the boss and the healer died over and over. Last wipe, boss had 100% health.
    Pugs r sad
    Edited by paulychan on March 15, 2019 9:24PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pugs are a mess. I've been running into more 810s lately who just spam one skill, so they either bought their xbox account, or had someone skyreach grind them all the way to max cp before they even bothered to attempt to learn how to play.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players, even though they have high CP, may be new to the dungeon thing, and let’s face it the rest of the game doesn’t prepare them for the difficulty. Also bear in mind, especially console players, you may be getting children in your pug so be kind.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    paulychan wrote: »
    I tanked bc2 last night. Self sustained 6 daedroths while the 2 810 dps w9rked the boss and the healer died over and over. Last wipe, boss had 100% health.
    Pugs r sad

Why would you even attempt hard mode with a group that obviously cannot do it?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pugs r sad
    BC2 has two dps checks. Keeper Indril as she keep spawning adds, and the last boss there you have to kill the orbs and dadreots. Yes you can wipe on both in normal, it require some skill.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    Pugs r sad

Think they was not able to kill the balls and daedroths as they spawned because of very low dps.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skill Advisor is a step in the right direction...
    Light Attack Weaving tips are a step in the right direction...

Come on, ZOS, we're waiting for proper tutorials for group content roles!
  • Pulque
    Pulque
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Pugs r sad

Think they was not able to kill the balls and daedroths as they spawned because of very low dps.

A weird case was like the two dps were doing ok rotation. Mag sorc has ok pet rotation, another stam DK just copy alcast’s, but total dps was only 40k. I mean even with hunding and briarheart, no vma, one should pull at least 35kish. pug is mysterious.
  • Iphin
    Iphin
    ✭✭✭
    Rotation (i did not know what was that when i started. and even after reaching Cp160 ..lol)is difficult if the person is new to mmos and eso attracts a lot of casual players and elder scroll fans

I agree with this. I have only just began to learn how to properly work with rotations, practice DPS on a dummy and learn how to pair gear to get the stats that I need. I still have low DPS and it's trial and error to get it right - but I also find myself avoiding dungeons altogether for fear of people bashing my low DPS and kicking me out.

Whilst I understand the reasons behind it (most of the time), it is a real obstacle to learning how to improve and to work with the mechanics of a dungeon when you are never allowed the chance to even complete one.

I have started joining guilds for the chance to run dungeons with people who aren't going to kick me out because my DPS isn't 1 billion or whatever the goal is these days.
    "Those who believe in Telekinesis, raise my hand."
  • Pulque
    Pulque
    ✭✭✭
    Iphin wrote: »

I agree with this. I have only just began to learn how to properly work with rotations, practice DPS on a dummy and learn how to pair gear to get the stats that I need. I still have low DPS and it's trial and error to get it right - but I also find myself avoiding dungeons altogether for fear of people bashing my low DPS and kicking me out.

Whilst I understand the reasons behind it (most of the time), it is a real obstacle to learning how to improve and to work with the mechanics of a dungeon when you are never allowed the chance to even complete one.

I have started joining guilds for the chance to run dungeons with people who aren't going to kick me out because my DPS isn't 1 billion or whatever the goal is these days.

No offense. New people need time to learn.
    It’s really helpful to join a guild and find a bunch of friends. The problem is not on the new player side, it’s on lack of in-game tutorial. This game should give new player a fundamental setup to be able to progress. Nowadays, to learn dps, you have to watch YouTube video or read pro guides. No they are good but something more accessible pls.
  • BabylonRocker
    BabylonRocker
    ✭✭✭
    Weirdly enough i barely have a bad expierence with pugs recently.

Had alot of time on my hands this week so ive done daily pledges (non DLC) on 3 chars (2DD's, 1 Healer)

We had to forgo hardmode only once because both DD's were below 160 (CoA2) and had to break up group another time because reasons.

Out of 30ish runs i call that quite a good ratio tbh

I always do them during the week and early in the day, maybe im missing out on the weekend warrior crowd :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iphin wrote: »

If this helps, I'd aim for having about 10k to 15k DPS in normal dungeons for a comfortable run. You can start the easier ones with lower, but it will be a slower run. That's about the DPS range I see from most PUGs I run with, judging by my Combat Metrics. It won't be a speedrunner's dream run, but it will be adequate. You'll probably want 15k+ for the Normal DLC dungeons just because the mechanics are more forgiving with higher DPS.
    For vet dungeons, 15k is on the low end of adequate, and you'll want higher than that for the vet DLC dungeons.

If you aren't confident in doing dungeons, I'd start by queuing up for specific dungeons in the order they unlock for new players. Fungal Grotto 1, Banished Cells 1, and Spindleclutch 1 are all pretty forgiving for inexperienced players. The normal dungeons also get a lot of brand new players or players on low-level alts, so the early ones have a lot less pressure for people to perform.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20k dps is fine to complete most vet content. Mechanics are the most important.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »

this^^
  • Pulque
    Pulque
    ✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    b88888888888

• Zathras
    Zathras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pulque wrote: »
    I need a troll king shoulder, don’t wanna bother friends so I started pug. Last two vpledge were coa2 and bc2, today it’s coh1.
    My mates were very cute. I met stamblade who kept spamming only arrow spray, magsorc who channel cf all the time and yadayada. 20k group dps lol, five times a day, 5/7 runs.
    I guess I’m too old for pug. I need to take a break. People back in imperial city dlc pulled 20k. Now it’s year 9012. 😂
    I start wondering why zos couldn’t just make a starter rotation and gear setup for them. You know, a training room, nice tutorial woman voice tells you “hey, put dots first. Well done. Now spam sth. Great you finish the rotation.””we recommend Julianos as starter gear.”
    This game is hard lol.

The best way to get around PUGs is to group with guildies. That way, if you form a solid core of a handful of people that you can pick from at any given time, you will all have an understanding of what to expect from each other.

PUGs in every game are always the same. You have a range of player experiences and skill, and have to accept that when you join them. I always go in with the mindset that there will be a medium-low level of skill from my groupmates, and fully prepare myself to be more of a helper than a criticizer. Expecting a finely tuned PUG will only disappoint you, and frustrate the other players if you express your exasperation.

Edited by Zathras on March 16, 2019 12:14AM
    For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen. - Douglas Adams

It is a rare mind indeed that can render the hitherto non-existent blindingly obvious. The cry 'I could have thought of that' is a very popular and misleading one, for the fact is that they didn't, and a very significant and revealing fact it is too. - Douglas Adams
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For players who want to start doing dungeons I can’t recommend Xynode’s All About Mechanics series on his channel on YouTube highly enough. No ego, just a complete run through of each dungeon’s mechanics and advice on how to play them.

And don’t be afraid to get into dungeons. In all the PUGs I have done since I started dungeons as a rank incompetent CP450er (I have since progressed to vaguely adequate status), I’ve only had one person give me grief and he got kicked immediately. I’m now happily doing vet HM pledges on all but DLC content with both my guildies and PUGs, so it’s clearly possible to improve.

VaranisArano’s suggestions about picking an easier dungeon makes a lot of sense, particularly if you do it a number of times. That way you’ll get used to very basic situations and techniques that you don’t really see in typical overland questing and you’ll get used to working within a group and start having fun in dungeons.

Re the OP’s suggestions, yes it would be great if ZOS produced any kind of useful tutorials for combat. The one for Summerset was beyond useless, so bad I am amazed that anyone who did it was able to do any combat at all.
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s sad is in these pugs when you try to offer advice to someone that can only stand way in the back and light attack with bow or staff or seem to be completely clueless they always get offended. FG I should be turned into a dungeon tutorial. Can’t queue for a dungeon until you complete it. Show players how to drop dots and aoe’s on mobs and bosses and how to spam an ability then reset aoe’s or some kind of basic rotation guide for their class. Most ppl don’t wanna listen to another player trying to give the advice so maybe if it were built in they would do it.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a pug once.
    2h, sword singer, dreugh king slayer.
    No monster set.
    Unstoppable, rally, reverse slash, brawler, dizzying swing.
    Spamming dizzy swing made me so proud.
    It was doing 10-15k damage.
    Edited by russelmmendoza on March 16, 2019 1:21AM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree, I PUG a lot, majority of groups are ok. Though it depends on dungeons, there are some dungeons which are probably avoided for pledges by normal players due to previous bad experience in them, and in which stupid behavior of just one player can ruin all run. This is mostly about vet2, where there is specific requirements for HM and so if one person don't wants to fulfill them that run is a waste. This is FG2, BC2, CoH2.
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Pugs r sad

A weird case was like the two dps were doing ok rotation. Mag sorc has ok pet rotation, another stam DK just copy alcast’s, but total dps was only 40k. I mean even with hunding and briarheart, no vma, one should pull at least 35kish. pug is mysterious.

Yesterday for BC 2 we also had problem boss and daedroth were getting high damage mitigation despite our group dps was quite high we were still wiping
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This game is hard lol.

Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, they dont care about rotations, training, or doing 20k dps? Maybe they are happy doing 5 to 10k dps? What is wrong with that?
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is hard lol.

Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, they dont care about rotations, training, or doing 20k dps? Maybe they are happy doing 5 to 10k dps? What is wrong with that?

My tank does 5-10k dps.

Ofc they can be happy with their funny dps, they just shouldn't be allowed to queue for veteran dungeons. Just because you love underperforming -for some reason I don't understand- doesn't mean you're allowed to ruin other people's fun.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes you get a bad group and sometimes you don't. Luck of the draw.

Still love to pug and meet new people. Run into a dps the other day only light attacking using sword and board cp 170. Got to talking to them and come to find out he was a 72 year old man who hadn't done dungeons before and only wore what he picked up and really had no idea of sets or skills for that matter.

He said skills did not to much damage so he just hit with his sword. He had no concept of AOE's or DOT's. Come to find out he never allotted his CP and only played for the quest and did the dungeon to experience them. I could tell from the sound of his voice he was lying about his age. Did what I come to help. Crafted him some armor helped him assign his cp's and choose some skills but not sure if I really helped him much because all he ever did was light attack anyway after that.

Ran several more dungeons with him to and got him to CP199 and some skill points he could use. He was wanting to get to 200cp for some reason it meant something to him but I ran out of time and had to go.

So don't always be to quick to judge people before you get to know them.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like pugs. My best pug was on my rp char through vet Scalecaller Peak dunge. The player that had been pugging it all day of course knew all the tips n tricks, and got us a completion. So I gave over all my purple Jorvuld's to him at the end, because that guy was a fricking hero! He got 4 nice pieces of J's including a ring and a necklace, but he gave up a whole day running that dunge and another couple hours running us to the end. Fun while it lasted.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"