Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quests with Skillpoints

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have a fair number of SkyShards and I am trying to increase my number of skill points on my crafter main. (Mostly only PvP and group content SkyShards left.)

Do the quests with the special looking inverted triangle (seems new) indicate this is one of those quest lines? I know all of the steps along the way do not give skill points, but knowing at least a few are there would be good to know. I plan to eventually do enough quests to earn all the houses that require that, though it is a longer term goal. I want the skill points sooner than that, if possible.
PC
PS4/PS5
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The main storyline in each zone is the one with the skill points at each checkpoint, i.e. Auridon's story about someone trying to kill the queen.

I am interested to see if there is a new demarcation for skill point quests, though.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes that is the story zone quest icon. Not all but that type of quests give u skill points. U can use Urich's Skill Point Finder! That is helps me lot, this is my favourite addon.
    Edited by ChuckyPayne on March 15, 2019 6:07PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will get approximately 6 SPs per zone for doing the zone main quest. Also, the exp that counts towards Champ Points is extra fat on those quests.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this marker marks the main quests. These quests will give you skill points or are conditional quests for starting such quests.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a fair number of SkyShards and I am trying to increase my number of skill points on my crafter main. (Mostly only PvP and group content SkyShards left.)

Do the quests with the special looking inverted triangle (seems new) indicate this is one of those quest lines? I know all of the steps along the way do not give skill points, but knowing at least a few are there would be good to know. I plan to eventually do enough quests to earn all the houses that require that, though it is a longer term goal. I want the skill points sooner than that, if possible.

You may find this list useful:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Skills#Earning_Skill_Points
    Edited by Watchdog on March 15, 2019 6:14PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You will get approximately 6 SPs per zone for doing the zone main quest. Also, the exp that counts towards Champ Points is extra fat on those quests.

3 SP, Glenumbra 4 SP. DLC zones different.

https://ibb.co/gmtVQCC

Storyline Quest & Skyshards
    Storyline Column
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Tebari
    Tebari
    ✭✭
    A real quick way to get 2 skill points is to go to Cyrodill and do the intro quest chain. No PVP needed and it takes at most 10 minutes.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

3 SP, Glenumbra 4 SP. DLC zones different.

https://ibb.co/gmtVQCC

Storyline Quest & Skyshards
    Storyline Column

I think he was counting the delve shards. There's also a public dungeon group boss in every public dungeon who hands out a skill point, they tend to be easier than overland group bosses and can generally be solo'ed.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3 or 4 for the quest line
    1 for the public dungeon
    1/3 for each of the 18 skyshards (9 overland, 9 in devles)

is about par for the original game areas
    DLC varies...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes that is the story zone quest icon. Not all but that type of quests give u skill points. U can use Urich's Skill Point Finder! That is helps me lot, this is my favourite addon.

I wish I could. No addons for the PS4. :(
    PC
    PS4/PS5