Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"in combat" bug

Soul_Demon
Soul_Demon
✭✭✭✭✭
Any eta on 'in combat' bug. Supposed to be six seconds and for months now we have been pushing emp- trying to get in doors-trying to mount to defend- trying to change siege types-trying to change gear ect in cyro to no effect. Often several minutes before you can get out of combat even to transit to participate in fights or defenses.....rather game function destroying if you walk everywhere in cyro or never make it to time sensitive things like crowing emps ect. Could we get an ETA of when this super cool 'feature' will be fixed?

Edited by Soul_Demon on March 11, 2019 1:24PM
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos, this is still a problem and without an ETA- still checking to see if it has been put on 'list' for fix yet.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will never be fixed.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Driving me nuts. I'm usually stuck in combat for anywhere between 10-15 minutes.
    It seems to happen more often on my stamplar than anything else. It was quite common when I played magicka warden at Morrowind release too.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep this needs address asap
  • illutian
    illutian
    ✭✭✭
    This has been an issue since release...I don't think they can fix it.

I think why it happens (mostly in AvA) is because they, for some reason, 'blanket check' to see if the target and you are in combat...not with each other, but just 'in combat'.

So, you attack a Hostile-player, you both go 'in combat'. But then your friends show up and get a hit, which now puts them and you 'in combat' with the target.

You run away or go to help elsewhere, but your friends are still engaging that hostile-player. The game checks: 'is everyone who was on the aggro table still in combat'; yes, just this one [you] hasn't been hitting them.

((But how often does it stay 1v1 or #v1...ya...eventually other's show up and it's a domino effect; you all are keeping each other in combat...like a aggro spiderweb. :tongue: ))

So far every time the player I've attacked has been killed I've dropped combat.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    This will never be fixed.

It was fixed one time already......reintroduced with patch. Making it a real problem to do ANYTHING associated in cyrodiil. All the major things a player does in cyro are prevented while in combat- and forget about regen. As for the 'tips'...appreciate them, however been doing this since beta and already know group members can put and keep you in combat, that is NOT what is happening now with people being in combat for 10 minutes as they run (on foot) between keeps. It isn't HOT's that are lingering....its combat that does not end after six seconds of attacks stopping.

Edited by Soul_Demon on March 16, 2019 4:00PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not just pvp either, spent most of my pledge runs last night stuck in combat and unable to switch sets around.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only seems to happen, after attacking a wall-jogger group (what a surprise, huh?). It immediately ends, when the previously attacked get killed. So bottom line here: No one at ZoS can do something there, only those who like to waste others time in such groups. Essentially, this "bug" is simply magnifying the effect of those people's original intent. "Well" done to them...
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't just keep you in combat longer than it should. Sometimes it puts you in combat preemptively. Like when you teleport to a keep and immediatelly can't swap skills / quickslots because you're in combat -- at the inner shrine in a keep that's not burning, only someone in party is fighting outside. Never happens when you're Solo, so that's one "solution" ;)

EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS - can we get an acknowledgement of this and ETA on fix or when the 'look' at this will start?
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this is terrible.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still has not gone away ZOS.....still interfering with 90% of what you do in Cyro. Sill no acknowledgement of being addressed.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still a problem, not changed.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    Never happens when you're Solo

Yes it does
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It never happened to me
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know, the last official word on the combat bug is-
    From Patch Notes August 2018:
    Gameplay
    When attempting to mount while in combat, an alert will now display stating "You cannot mount while in combat."

:|
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still being held in combat in cyro for longer than six seconds after fighting ends.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still a problem ZOS....
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still a problem.
  • Derbforgaill
    Derbforgaill
    ✭✭✭
    Still a problem indeed.

Crouching a couple of times sometimes helps for me. Sometimes it doesn't. It's worth a try...
  • daniolio90
    daniolio90
    ✭✭
    This is sooo *** annoying, worst combat bugg in any game ever, never been in any mmo with this *** ammounts of combat bugg, will take this to steam reviews as well, and the fact that they compleatly ignore a fixx for it is insane, gonna make a video of it somedayu xD !!