The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Limit of 10 for collectible pet is unfair and unecessary

huhjun1978
huhjun1978
✭✭✭
Our house is boring like a tomb if we don't have guests, and most of the time, we don't have guests even guild hall. But the pets can make it alive, poor us, they can't move around.
Please increase the limit to 20 for collectibles for big house. We need our pets in front, sides, and back.

Since I bought Xameer house 15k crown, and finally found that it is just a dead pyramid with a decayed Pharaoh inside, which is me. I need pets around to keep the feeling of a living thing.

Thank you
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing only takes up a small portion of my ESO life. I'm happy with my medium sized home.

Though I agree. There's not much incentive to make players pass through my place to make it more lively.

Nothing but stationary pets and skeleton dummies to keep me company.

Housing is definitely still missing something.
  • huhjun1978
    huhjun1978
    ✭✭✭
    It needs life
  • menathradiel
    menathradiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest that they move the pets from the category they are in and into the same category as the undaunted trophies, that way those of us who aren't so interested in running dungeons could choose to show off our pets instead. I'd love to have a little farm in one of my houses, with many goats, pigs and chickens - as it is, I don't buy many of these because there's no way to use them.
    Tank Girl
  • huhjun1978
    huhjun1978
    ✭✭✭
    I would suggest that they move the pets from the category they are in and into the same category as the undaunted trophies, that way those of us who aren't so interested in running dungeons could choose to show off our pets instead. I'd love to have a little farm in one of my houses, with many goats, pigs and chickens - as it is, I don't buy many of these because there's no way to use them.

Yeah, that's great idea, ZoS needs to listen to, if they want to make the game housing great again
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree and I do run dungeons. Most of those trophies are ugly (imo) and I maybe have one in my house - but I have many animals I'd love to place instead.
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    need more pets and mounts in house also would be nice if you could give them pathing patterns to walk around and do stuff.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want someplace with no cap on mounts and pets. I'm thinking a medium sized cavern, hole in the roof for sunlight, a tree or two and shallow water. (Seen in many delves and dungeons) Here's where it gets interesting. Around the perimeter of the cavern are about 10 or 12 daedric portals. Each one has a shimmering image of the "room" inside. Each room is themed for location or element. (snow, lava, dwarven/clockwork, farm/stable for barnyard animals, forest, desert, daedric, etc...) Stepping into a portal would open the door to that exhibit room.

I have very little programming knowledge. But, if I understand correctly, the animations are the issue. Like having too many torches, the light sourcing works but the flame animations sometimes don't show up. If each room were it's own cell, loaded only when you enter, like an interior, this should allow more animations for pets and mounts per room. Then you could display all your animals.

As for location, I was thinking it could be a Daedric portal that is a housing furniture item. You place it in one of your houses and when you use it, you are transported to the central cavern.

Backstory is that it is a daedric "pocket" realm, belonging to a low level daedra that was fascinated with all the varied creatures on Nirn and was collecting them for study. Maybe even make a quest to track down the daedric collector and defeat it. The reward is the portal housing furniture item.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we had a higher collectible limit as well.

3 npc assistants + pets + mounts: just adds up too fast!

I would also love if they added more collectible npcs like bards, chefs, stablemaster etc (they don't have to have functionality) so we could populate our homes more :)
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a Velidreth target dummy in my island.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not implement realism, where you come home and discover that your Fennec Fox killed and ate your rooster? Or the dog ripped the stuffing out of your armchairs? I'm happier keeping the few animated "furnishings" in their place, and not messing up what I built.

They can't be in the same limit bucket with the static items, as the server needs to keep a whole different set of information about them. On the other hand, some more trade-offs between types of furnishing might be possible.
  • huhjun1978
    huhjun1978
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Why not implement realism, where you come home and discover that your Fennec Fox killed and ate your rooster? Or the dog ripped the stuffing out of your armchairs? I'm happier keeping the few animated "furnishings" in their place, and not messing up what I built.

They can't be in the same limit bucket with the static items, as the server needs to keep a whole different set of information about them. On the other hand, some more trade-offs between types of furnishing might be possible.

no, you don't know a thing
  • CantFixIr
    CantFixIr
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love it if they sold a house where you may be allowed to place fewer items, but many more rides and pets! I could then show off my guars. :smiley:

Game name @CantFixIt - EU-PC Server - Australian player
  • zyntex
    zyntex
    ✭✭
    To be honest I'm not that much of a housing addict as some on here but I don't really understand why they limited it that low!?

I have some of the biggest houses but can't show of my mounts and pets in a proper way that really sucks yet I can decorated to much space with all those undaunted stuff that doesn't feels fair and also has nothing to do with performance client- and serverside.