Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Things I Want Zos to Reexamine In the Future

ezio45
ezio45
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭

- Sustain, Specifically non pet sorc and dk
- Bleeds and snipe (Their supposedly looking into these)
- Pure Pvp tanks vs pure pvp dps. (You should be able to take out a tank as a pure dps)
- Heavy armor vs light and medium viability in pvp (light and medium are not up to par)
- Heavy armor sets that give large damage buffs ( specifically 7th legion and ravager)
- Vampire ( I want it to be more than buffs, There needs to be an actual playstyle and full skill line involved to at least augment existing mag playstlyes with some vamp flavor)
- Damage shields (less crit and less cap, more major minor system)
- Racials ( spell recharge, woodelf as a whole)
- Mag class heals ( specifically dk and especially non pet magsorc and nightblade) Enough with having to back bar a resto, stam had the ability to use both bars as a damage weapon
- Dark exchange, does with above. Now that you have cut the resources on it there is no reason it shouldnt be instant cast
- destro non fire staffs, mag tanking has failed make ice do something relevant and lighting is sub par to fire
- meteor, is a terrible ultimate. It is overly telegraphed and to slow. Players with 0 skill can block this. Where as the fighters guild ult is poorly telegraphed and fast moving.
- Stam sorc should get some class skills
- overload, terrible ult now especially compared to perma, incap, soul tether, really of them.
- Weapons and armor traits ( invigorating, nirnhoned (armor), precise. are all never used on any build)

Non combat related

- Faction locking
- Endgame crafting
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More class skills for all stamina builds.
    More weapon lines for all magicka builds.

• wedgebert
    wedgebert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

As a Bosmer, I wholeheartedly approve, but I think at this point, most of us would be find just getting our stealth back. We can keep the garbage roll dodge if it means getting our playstyle and racial identity back.

• josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Pure Pvp tanks vs pure pvp dps. (You should be able to take out a tank as a pure dps)" Why? Pure tanks cant kill a DPS...why should a DPS be able to kill them?
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wedgebert wrote: »

As a Bosmer, I wholeheartedly approve, but I think at this point, most of us would be find just getting our stealth back. We can keep the garbage roll dodge if it means getting our playstyle and racial identity back.

Also Argonians, passives are meh. They didn't open any new roles, gimped Tank, did nothing for dps, and barely anything for Healing. They also need to give back the poison resistance at least, not the immunity just some resistance. If the in game lore says Argonians are resistant to poison I don't see how they can ignore that. Giving some resistance back would help Tanks in pve a bit with poison mechanics (Disease is like hardly used) also giving back some racial flavor. Yeah it should effect pvp but not be OP, not after the sweeping nerfs to pretty much every passive we had.
    Edited by Koronach on March 14, 2019 6:15PM
  • wedgebert
    wedgebert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, at the very least swap Bosmer and Argonian resistances. Bosmer make drinks from fermented meat, so it makes way more sense for us to have kept disease resistance. And Argonians are naturally poison resistant (as multiple quests will tell you) and thus should have kept poison, not disease.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    "Pure Pvp tanks vs pure pvp dps. (You should be able to take out a tank as a pure dps)" Why? Pure tanks cant kill a DPS...why should a DPS be able to kill them?

Can't agree more. Pure tank vs pure dps should always be a draw.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because this is a "nerf them, buff me" thread, of course.
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, at the very least swap Bosmer and Argonian resistances. Bosmer make drinks from fermented meat, so it makes way more sense for us to have kept disease resistance. And Argonians are naturally poison resistant (as multiple quests will tell you) and thus should have kept poison, not disease.

Well I'm going by the ESO lore, Argonians are immune to disease and resistant to poison in ESO itself. I don't see how it's wrong for us to have both, disease isn't really that useful. At least have it immune to disease and resist poison # here. Bosmer if irc specifically the Z'en followers got ravaged by the Kanhaten flu so wouldn't be 100% immune to disease. At least give Argonians some poison resist back and Bosmer some Disease that way it fits lore better. Argonians are immune to disease but resist poison and Bosmer immune to poison but resist some disease but can still get diseased. This still keeps them unique and follows lore more accurately.
    Edited by Koronach on March 14, 2019 6:27PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think they should get out of the gaming industry and just write fictional literature. wait, half the pages would be missing or a blank page except for the sentence " this page left intentionally blank because its a feature"
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish they would completely rework stealth, I really like that playstyle in PVE but it's just a mess at this time.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • wedgebert
    wedgebert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koronach wrote: »

Well I'm going by the ESO lore, Argonians are immune to disease and resistant to poison in ESO itself. I don't see how it's wrong for us to have both, disease isn't really that useful. At least have it immune to disease and resist poison # here. Bosmer if irc specifically the Z'en followers got ravaged by the Kanhaten flu so wouldn't be 100% immune to disease. At least give Argonians some poison resist back and Bosmer some Disease that way it fits lore better. Argonians are immune to disease but resist poison and Bosmer immune to poison but resist some disease but can still get diseased. This still keeps them unique and follows lore more accurately.

Oh, I'm not saying you couldn't have both. I know before the racial rebutchering, both Bosmer and Argonian had disease and poison resistance. I can kinda understand why they didn't want to let both races keep both, I'm just saying if they're going to keep one for each, it makes more sense for Bosmer = poison, Argonian = disease.
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I'm not saying you couldn't have both. I know before the racial rebutchering, both Bosmer and Argonian had disease and poison resistance. I can kinda understand why they didn't want to let both races keep both, I'm just saying if they're going to keep one for each, it makes more sense for Bosmer = poison, Argonian = disease.

I would of been totally fine with them just keeping one for each if the game lore itself didn't state otherwise. That's why it's so agitating, the game says one thing while they said they wanted to preserve established lore in the game and they go and do this.
    Edited by Koronach on March 14, 2019 6:39PM
  • wedgebert
    wedgebert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain as I dodge roll around in plain view of everyone.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - Pure Pvp tanks vs pure pvp dps. (You should be able to take out a tank as a pure dps)
    - Heavy armor vs light and medium viability in pvp (light and medium are not up to par)
    - Heavy armor sets that give large damage buffs ( specifically 7th legion and ravager)
    - Vampire ( I want it to be more than buffs, There needs to be an actual playstyle and full skill line involved to at least augment existing mag playstlyes with some vamp flavor)
    - Mag class heals ( specifically dk and especially non pet magsorc and nightblade) Enough with having to back bar a resto, stam had the ability to use both bars as a damage weapon
    - Dark exchange, does with above. Now that you have cut the resources on it there is no reason it shouldnt be instant cast
    - destro non fire staffs, mag tanking has failed make ice do something relevant and lighting is sub par to fire
    - meteor, is a terrible ultimate. It is overly telegraphed and to slow. Players with 0 skill can block this. Where as the fighters guild ult is poorly telegraphed and fast moving.
    - overload, terrible ult now especially compared to perma, incap, soul tether, really of them.
    - Weapons and armor traits ( invigorating, nirnhoned (armor), precise. are all never used on any build)

Non combat related

- Faction locking
    - Endgame crafting

If Magicka heavy attacks get a sustain buff I don't think DK need to be looked at. The classes where you actually need to build for sustain is on a magsorc and magbalde. DK needs to build for ult gen to have their sustain so I think maybe that should be looked at rather than DK sustain as a whole.

God yes help stam sorc

God yes deal with bleeds and snipe

The thing about vampire is that it isn't supposed to be like WW, it is suppsoed to add to your already existing playstyle rather than add a whole new one. WW however is a new one. But yes I think what you recomend would be fun

Gilliam once told me that soul tether was recommended for a range increase among other things but that requires an art budget so not sure if that's ever going to go through and while I enjoy no overload ganking the loss of the 3rd bar made it pretty useless for anything other than magicka sustain in PvE.

And yeah screw heavy armor
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think you got that backwards. In Morrowind and Oblivion Bosmer had no resistance to poison, Argonians had 100% resistance to poison. I think both races had 50% resistance to disease.
    Also, the Knahten Flu was a special case, it was probably created by the Hist, which is a power equal to the gods and daedra.

I wouldn't mind if Argonians had resist disease and poison, immunity to poison effect with Bosmer having resistance to disease, immunity to disease effect. Basically flip what's there now, and add the disease resistance back to the Argonians. It fits the previous games better.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • wedgebert
    wedgebert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I totally got that backwards. Probably should pay more attention to the work meeting I'm in and less to ranting about ESO. But I gotta have my priorities
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I totally got that backwards. Probably should pay more attention to the work meeting I'm in and less to ranting about ESO. But I gotta have my priorities

Ha, that's awesome just don't get yourself fired XD
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's an alliance quest in ESO (Right of Theft) where one Bosmer tribe has poisoned another. Having them immune to poison would be very awkward.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Non combat related

- Faction locking
    - Endgame crafting

Why should a "pure DPS" be able to "take out" a "pure tank"? Seems like the logical conclusion of this matchup should be a standstill. Neither one can kill the other.

Lots of tanks use ice staves. Lots of tanks use lightning staves. Lots of healers use lightning staves. Lots of DPS use lightning staves for trash. Both of them are all over the place in PvP.

Precise is absolutely used. Since Wrathstone a lot of people have switched to precise frontbar on PvE magicka builds and bow/bow stamina builds.
  • SpringEternal
    SpringEternal
    ✭✭✭
    Argonians had no poison resistance in Skyrim, just 100% disease resistance. It's not like there was no precedent for the change.

There's also a quest where Bosmer poison immunity is a plot point (The Perils of Diplomacy). The Green Lady says in reference to the Silvenar, "no poison in all of Tamriel could harm my beloved." (Too bad the same can't be said for daedric damage :'( )

Really though, the devs should just restore poison resistance to Argonians and reduced detection radius in stealth to Bosmer. The whole "there can be only one" rule is an artificial and unnecessary constraint. Not to mention inconsistently applied...both Altmer and Bretons get bonuses to max magicka but two races with poison resist crosses some sort of arbitrary line?
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

nah, personally i think pure dps should have a chance. Also i have a pure pvp tank....
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

Non combat related

- Faction locking
    - Endgame crafting

If Magicka heavy attacks get a sustain buff I don't think DK need to be looked at. The classes where you actually need to build for sustain is on a magsorc and magbalde. DK needs to build for ult gen to have their sustain so I think maybe that should be looked at rather than DK sustain as a whole.

God yes help stam sorc

God yes deal with bleeds and snipe

The thing about vampire is that it isn't supposed to be like WW, it is suppsoed to add to your already existing playstyle rather than add a whole new one. WW however is a new one. But yes I think what you recomend would be fun

Gilliam once told me that soul tether was recommended for a range increase among other things but that requires an art budget so not sure if that's ever going to go through and while I enjoy no overload ganking the loss of the 3rd bar made it pretty useless for anything other than magicka sustain in PvE.

And yeah screw heavy armor

Idk about the vamp thing, at the very least right now it doesnt feel like it adds to existing playstlyes. If it did that would be fine. It just feels like its there for a regen passive that forces anyone who can deal witht the fire damage into using it. It would be nice if it added flavor to builds rather than feeling like a necessity. I would still be onboard if it just got some skills to augment playstyles in a fun or diverse route/
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »

Because they easily disrupt the flow of combat on a battle field. Without support a tank should die. With even the slightest support then the tank should live
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info