The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Save/Export character model/texture with addon...possible?

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I wish to create an addon that you can put your other characters in places (like in your house etc) and do certain animations

I think this addon is possible since in harvest map addon april fools event, an interactable light ball fly around your character, aka placing "objects" is possible (I know it is only visible from your point of view, but still)

However is there a way to save the model/texture of your characters? I searched online and there was a complicated way to use ninjaripper and mixamo to get the model, but I think there is definitely an easier way (and useable by addon) to do this, anyone can help?
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to somehow save and export your character model/texture to a file? That's a hard no for addons.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    You want to somehow save and export your character model/texture to a file? That's a hard no for addons.

I mean, not exactly exporting, I just want to display the texture of your other characters in game
    For example, let your character A to appear in a location (for example in one of your house) when you are using your other characters
    I hope there is a simpler way than having to save the texture to a file...but I donno if there is or not
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

I mean, not exactly exporting, I just want to display the texture of your other characters in game
    For example, let your character A to appear in a location (for example in one of your house) when you are using your other characters
    I hope there is a simpler way than having to save the texture to a file...but I donno if there is or not

I'm fairly sure you can't do that.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not by the help of addons, sorry.
    And every other change would be against TOS I guess, so you'd risk a ban.