The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New BIS race for Stam Sorc?

montgomery.luke07b16_ESO
Hey guys as title states i'm currently a Redguard Stam sorc that runs a heavy armour build. Is redguard still top tier or is there a new king for stam pvp dd.
By Hircine's hand i mark thee!
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Redguards sustain and weapon skill cost reductions is very nice, imo fits for pvp stamsorc really good. Can do some serious trolling level things with some imagination on build. *remains silent*

- Orcs, top pick for brutal damage with classic build choices for stamsorc, sprinting and brawling. If like smashing things hard.. be an Orc. Stronger than ever imo.

- Bosmer, for dodge rolling speed and mobility.. not greatest damage potential, but kind of like stamblade playstyle diet coke version - no sugar (less damage and no cloak lol). Great stam regen possible. Still.. personally feel that if wanna compete with against stamblades/stamdens, one needs more damage for the moments you can burst, other choices help more with that. Still, high mobility can be fun & effective.

- Khajiit, if you go medium armor with high crit chance on build, Khajiit. Shadow mundus, have Minor Force buff and so on.. Crits on things like Dizzy.. prepare to smile when see the damage numbers. A bit squishy setup like that, while can do 1vs1 and melee brawls easily with several, what is pain are the snipers.. Lethal Arrows when connect will rekt those builds hard, obviously.

- Imperial, decent & flexible, max stats allow some interesting freedom in building. Sustain improved from before too.

- Nord, heavy armor resistances on medium armor, not a bad to have as a build choice. Extra ultimate gain, while "small", still with some builds can make fun things. I would actually put Nord in top3 choices, well for my sometimes a bit weird yet effective setups.

All just my opinions, really hard to say a "bis" for stamsorc at pvp right now, all depends on what you gonna play like with it. But.. if you go for traditional heavy armor melee brawler, then maybe Orc if you want to hit as hard as can and sustain is no issue to you.

• montgomery.luke07b16_ESO
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    - Redguards sustain and weapon skill cost reductions is very nice, imo fits for pvp stamsorc really good. Can do some serious trolling level things with some imagination on build. *remains silent*

- Orcs, top pick for brutal damage with classic build choices for stamsorc, sprinting and brawling. If like smashing things hard.. be an Orc. Stronger than ever imo.

- Bosmer, for dodge rolling speed and mobility.. not greatest damage potential, but kind of like stamblade playstyle diet coke version - no sugar (less damage and no cloak lol). Great stam regen possible. Still.. personally feel that if wanna compete with against stamblades/stamdens, one needs more damage for the moments you can burst, other choices help more with that. Still, high mobility can be fun & effective.

- Khajiit, if you go medium armor with high crit chance on build, Khajiit. Shadow mundus, have Minor Force buff and so on.. Crits on things like Dizzy.. prepare to smile when see the damage numbers. A bit squishy setup like that, while can do 1vs1 and melee brawls easily with several, what is pain are the snipers.. Lethal Arrows when connect will rekt those builds hard, obviously.

- Imperial, decent & flexible, max stats allow some interesting freedom in building. Sustain improved from before too.

- Nord, heavy armor resistances on medium armor, not a bad to have as a build choice. Extra ultimate gain, while "small", still with some builds can make fun things. I would actually put Nord in top3 choices, well for my sometimes a bit weird yet effective setups.

All just my opinions, really hard to say a "bis" for stamsorc at pvp right now, all depends on what you gonna play like with it. But.. if you go for traditional heavy armor melee brawler, then maybe Orc if you want to hit as hard as can and sustain is no issue to you.

Great input thanks for that, i've no real intention of changing as i've developed quite a nice backstory to my redguard and he's been my day one beta character.
    By Hircine's hand i mark thee!
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dark elf and you'll also have a magicka sorcerer when needed :trollface:
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked Redguard at the patch as a brawler melee heavy armor stamsorc.

Sustain is fantastic. I love it so far.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Picked Redguard at the patch as a brawler melee heavy armor stamsorc.

Sustain is fantastic. I love it so far.

Yeah, Redguard is a very strong choice for sustaining and nice build options because of the sustain already built in to the race.. so can use damage sets or damage/utility instead of having to have so much sustain from sets. Depends on playstyle always of course. :)
  • BRODY
    BRODY
    ✭✭
    Redguard top race from stam sorc in this patch, cpecialy in medium armor. But dunmer has choice mana and stamina respec and powerful to. And tell me pls, how translate BIS abbreviation? I m not from en country))
    Stamsorc EU PC Dagerfall alliance - On
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try redguard and use the 2h ult + a certain sustain set and you’re basically going to have no cost to any of your wpn abilties lol.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRODY wrote: »
    Redguard top race from stam sorc in this patch, cpecialy in medium armor. But dunmer has choice mana and stamina respec and powerful to. And tell me pls, how translate BIS abbreviation? I m not from en country))

Best In Slot
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tend to think Redguard is best for HA stam sorc, but I am not 100% decided yet.

Orc has two stats boosted by passives and buffs, stamina and weapon damage. It has roughly twice the damage potential as Redguard. Redguard has recovery, but only one stat boosted by passives. The other two passives are fixed or face diminishing returns (but they synergize really well with heavy armor).

You could say that Sorc passives replace the loss of Redguard cost reduction (5% stam cost reduction, 15% ultimate reduction),

On the other hand, if you go Orc you end up using the same old boring sets to get sustain. Redguard and Breton let you forget about sustain and use the cool new damage or defense sets. So there is that.
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    I reaaally like the Bosmer changes for my stamsorc, it's pretty much the bow passive but with all weapons!
  • Waylander
    Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think stamsorc sustain is the easiest out of stamina classes. Dark deal is still very strong. I have no issues running two damage sets on my stam sorc (orc).

Easy sustain makes me suggest:
    - Orc 2 damage buffs and sprint speed all synergise well
    - Dark Elf is nice if you have one sorc and want to play magica or stamina. You 2 get damage buffs and bigger off stat pool
    Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
    Waylander
    Frankie
    Krylla
    Uniter
    Macgyverr
    Ivy
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to the guy that would just come in and say “Orc” and then leave
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Pretty much this. We now have so much choice for stam in PvP. All these mentioned work for almost every class. Redguard won't be the best for stamplar or stamblade though - you don't use enough weapon skills really to make enough use of the one passive. Apart from that, it's cool that all the above are valid choices.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamsOrc.. it's in the name bruh.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit - PvP burst is insane with Shadow. Use precise, sets, etc to increase crit chance. You don't even need Minor Force. Or you can skip building for Crit chance and use Mechanical Aquity.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Pretty much this. We now have so much choice for stam in PvP. All these mentioned work for almost every class. Redguard won't be the best for stamplar or stamblade though - you don't use enough weapon skills really to make enough use of the one passive. Apart from that, it's cool that all the above are valid choices.

Rending, rally, crit rush, carve, steel tornado, poison injection, draining shot quite a bit of weapon skills. Def stamplar for redguard as you rely heavily on at least rending and/or rally. Stamblade you can argue bosmer though, though you can easily make a build that can make redguard work wonders
    Edited by JobooAGS on March 3, 2019 3:45AM
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • BRODY
    BRODY
    ✭✭
    Breton. You swap your orc/bosmer etc to breton, get mana sets and win. Not play Stamsorc pls - its pain.
    Stamsorc EU PC Dagerfall alliance - On
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything but a orc seems like blasphemy
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on March 5, 2019 8:44PM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would say Orc, Redguard, or Nord, depending on how you want to tailor your build.

I am currently leveling a Redguard stam sorc that I plan on using the 2 hand ultimate with. Redguard racial reduces the cost of the 2 hand ultimate by 8%, which is really nice. That plus the sustain should allow me to gear for 100% damage.
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    frontbarring 2h(forever) in medium with bow bb Nord, in heavy with s&b bb Bosmer(aka built in bow passive).

I guess statisticly Orc is bis but doesn't add too much in terms of flavor imo.
    Edited by Liww on March 8, 2019 9:36AM
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously with this many different answers you need to just leave it to Alcast.
    Edited by mrfrontman on March 12, 2019 10:06AM
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh there is no BiS. It all depends on how you want to build. You will always lose something nice choosing one race over another. Orc has higher damage, but lacks sustain. Redguard has sustain that is set in stone and is great with weapons. Bosmer is mobile without sprint and can get crazy regen, allowing them to build more damage. Nord allows medium armor with heavy armor resists. Imperial allows a really effective balance. Dunmer keeps high damage and let's you either switch specs or utilize more off stat.

So many good choices. Think of your playstyle, then run with whatever race you think will emphasize that.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrfrontman wrote: »
    Seriously with this many different answers you need to just leave it to Alcast.

Word of advice, don´t check out alcast for PvP builds......
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Try redguard and use the 2h ult + a certain sustain set and you’re basically going to have no cost to any of your wpn abilties lol.

This is the truth, you can get two handed ult down to 107 cost....same principle running Redguard Mag Sorc, you can get Restro ult to 74
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im loving imperial, stacked with the sorc passives everything is cheap and the sustain is really really good. And i got an extra 2k HP in pvp :smiley: