The Firesong DLC and Update 36 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 26

Wood Elf/ Bosmer losing stealth passive, An open letter.

• wedgebert
    wedgebert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does this help?

Honest question. I can't see a single reason for this post. It's not appealing for calm, it's asking people not to complain, in context. I don't understand the goal at all. Unless you really just want people to go away.

He's just a mod, so he can't speak to ZOS's thoughts. However there have been some posts removed due to tone. Honestly I'm not surprised since many of us feel strongly about these changes. So this post was just a warning to keep it civil.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :open_mouth: It's back?

I was very shocked when I saw the thread was closed. Crisis averted I guess. Phew!
    Edited by Ratzkifal on March 13, 2019 1:27AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.... yeah. Apparently at the moment, as long as no one really goes ballistic again? I dunno. Either they can shut everyone down, or they can allow people who are annoyed and upset and BALLISTIC about the situation to post - or they can censor it.

Censorship is a bad decision period. Cleaning up stuff that falls into the "soap meet mouth" thing - fine. Otherwise.... bad decision.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Greetings all,

We understand that some are happy with the racial passives and how others are not. Debating the changes is completely acceptable. However, baiting and flaming other members of the community, as well as bashing, are all violations of the rules that we have in place. Moving forward, we ask that all posts be kept civil and constructive, as well as with in the rules. If there may be any question in regards to the rules, please do feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-

How does this help?

Honest question. I can't see a single reason for this post. It's not appealing for calm, it's asking people not to complain, in context. I don't understand the goal at all. Unless you really just want people to go away.

I haven't really seen any baiting, flaming, or bashing in this thread at all.... it seems remarkably civil, at least when compared to some of the PvP debate threads, lol.

I guess what they're asking is for us to not question the wisdom of the racial rebalancers? Because the posters have been quite respectful of each other?

Well some of it wasn't very pretty, especially the way some people reacted towards opposing opinions. I gotta admit, reading those sentences makes my blood boil really fast, but you gotta keep calm and polite.
    Even got kicked out of a guild because I was feeding into the trolls who were telling me that it's a buff and I shouldn't complain and that the removal of stealth passives does not stop me from rollplaying

Just look at the older comments that have been edited now.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • wedgebert
    wedgebert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Arena? You're the first person I've seen say that. I feel like an old timer because I started with Morrowind. I ain't got nothing on you!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I finally used one of my race change tokens. Changed by Bosmer into a Nord. So far, actually liking it. I've spent enough time sneaking around on non-Bosmer stealth builds to be used to the normal detect radius, and as a bonus, she's now cute AF, instead of looking like spray-painted jerky, so that's a perk too. At least until she becomes a vampire again.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I finally used one of my race change tokens. Changed by Bosmer into a Nord. So far, actually liking it. I've spent enough time sneaking around on non-Bosmer stealth builds to be used to the normal detect radius, and as a bonus, she's now cute AF, instead of looking like spray-painted jerky, so that's a perk too. At least until she becomes a vampire again.

Is your podcast downloadable on iTunes?
  • Night_Wolf2112
    Night_Wolf2112
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wait... this is the second racial passive redo... if we are patient, in 2-3 years there will be another and maybe we will get our stealth back!
This discussion has been closed.