The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add-on Conflict

Seminolegirl1992
Seminolegirl1992
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the patch Monday, I have been able to log in just fine. I keep Minion updated regularly. However, today has been a different story. For some reason, I cannot load any characters unless all add-ons are disabled. I think I have it narrowed down to one of the "Lib" addons, but after doing this for five hours, I'm running out of steam and willpower to keep going. I currently have:
AI Research Grid, Awesome Guild Store, Code's Combat Alerts, Combat Metrics, Crafting Preview, Crafting Stations, Destinations, Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter, Dressing Room, ESO Master Recipe List, Essential Housing Tools, Foundry Tactical Combat, Furniture Catalogue, GodSend, Harvest Map, Item Preview, Lost Treasure, Master Merchant, Multicraft, Port To Friend's House, Potion Maker, Sky Shards, and Suppress Error Message.

Is there anyone else experiencing add-on issues, and have you identified which add-on is causing it? I'm going crazy. I think it's one of the supporting files that are titled "lib ___" like lib main menu, or lib map ping. Thing is, many add-ons require these additional files or w/e they are to even work.

Last but not least, do I need to install the Lib add-ons through Minion, or do my main add-ons do it already?
@Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS changed how libs are loaded a few patches back, previously you had to bundle them with your AddOn and the lib itself would take care of not being loaded multiple times.

With the new architecture AddOns don't need to bundle libs anymore and libs are treated more like their own AddOn.
    While this in theory should make things easier for AddOn authors it also means that if a lib gets updated to a new version but a AddOn still has a dependency for a older version of the lib and the lib is not included with the AddOn, things will get funky.

Which is why i still bundle all needed libs with my AddOn(s). That way i'm in control of what versions are shipped with my code and i know things are going to work.
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on March 7, 2019 10:38PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know Lazy Writ Crafter needs the Price Lib, but you can get into the game without that.

Currently, my Libs are:

LibAddonMenu
    LibCustomMenu
    LibLazyCrafting
    LibMapPins (which I think I need to update)
    LibPrice
    LibStub

My game runs fine, but it does crash on every exit, so I am sure I need something else updated LIB wise. Do a search for Addons to get using Lib as the search term. If you see any Libs that go with any addons you have, install them.
    Edited by Nestor on March 7, 2019 10:51PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    ZOS changed how libs are loaded a few patches back, previously you had to bundle them with your AddOn and the lib itself would take care of not being loaded multiple times.

With the new architecture AddOns don't need to bundle libs anymore and libs are treated more like their own AddOn.
    While this in theory should make things easier for AddOn authors it also means that if a lib gets updated to a new version but a AddOn still has a dependency for a older version of the lib and the lib is not included with the AddOn, things will get funky.

Which is why i still bundle all needed libs with my AddOn(s). That way i'm in control of what versions are shipped with my code and i know things are going to work.
    shades.gif

Hmm. What do you mean by bundling?
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

shades.gif

That works great until someone has Allow Out Of Date addons turned off and authors have old libraries with the TXT file. The game will find the old libraries, not load them, and the failure cascades.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. What do you mean by bundling?
    All my AddOns have a subfolder that includes all the libs they need.

The upside is that everything you need to run my AddOns is bundled with the AddOn when you download it.
    The downside (as mentioned by the Lord of Richters above) is that if i don't update my AddOn (and the included libs) and it becomes "out of date", it may become unstable.
    type.gif
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I know Lazy Writ Crafter needs the Price Lib, but you can get into the game without that.

Currently, my Libs are:

LibAddonMenu
    LibCustomMenu
    LibLazyCrafting
    LibMapPins (which I think I need to update)
    LibPrice
    LibStub

My game runs fine, but it does crash on every exit, so I am sure I need something else updated LIB wise. Do a search for Addons to get using Lib as the search term. If you see any Libs that go with any addons you have, install them.

I can try that. Installing the libs on minion. Hope that helps ;/
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update. So it's either Awesome Guild Store, or one of the libs it depends on. I'm heavily leaning towards one of the libs, because even with AGS disabled, it could not load due to one of the libs still being active. I have AGS and its libs currently disabled with every other mod enabled, and I can load in. The only fix I know of is that, for now.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome Guild Store just released its Beta last night on Minion.

And, it was not working right until then unless you manually updated AGSfrom the developer page. However the issue in the game was crashing and weirdness when trying to shop at a kiosk, it was not keeping me out of the game. So I did not mention that

Anyway, get the beta update to AGS and you will be all set
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    of note, if you have bugcatcher (an old way to locate and isolate bugs) it *must* be uninstalled, and the saved variable for it deleted in order for the new awesome guild store to work. Just a headsup on this (it interferes with one of the new libs, libdebugtlog, to be precise)
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried updating the library addons then? You can do it the same way you normally update addons.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies everyone, they've been very helpful. May look into bugcatcher. @silvermistktralasub17_ESO so you're sure it's libdebuglog?

I haven't actually added the libs to minion yet, but I am considering it.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    libdebuglog was, in fact, the only one that seemed to conflict with bugcatcher. And that took me almost forever to figure out. Good luck with it.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, good to know. I don't have bug catcher. Might have to reinstall my mods. I reinstalled the game, but anytime I enable Awesome Guild Store and its libs, the game crashes back to log in screen. And I manually added its libs to Minion- no change.

I isolated the issue to LibDebuglogger. Not sure how to fix it though. Every other lib loads fine.
    Edited by Seminolegirl1992 on March 11, 2019 7:02PM
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭

shades.gif

Not the issue here : issue was ZOS changed some code and didn't test it properly. And if you have old lib versions the new ones will get run regardless if they're on the users system, thanks to libstub.
    Nestor wrote: »

Nope, doesn't need libprice.

shades.gif

That works great until someone has Allow Out Of Date addons turned off and authors have old libraries with the TXT file. The game will find the old libraries, not load them, and the failure cascades.

Simple solution: turn out of date add-ons on. It's a pointless box anyway, and many add-ons work fine and just don't have a useless number incremented.

Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolgubon wrote: »

Simple solution: turn out of date add-ons on. It's a pointless box anyway, and many add-ons work fine and just don't have a useless number incremented.

I think that checkbox gets unchecked each update, right? It is handy, after an update, to filter out addons that break stuff. I agree that checking the box fixes that issue, though.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to update this- it was fixed. I asked the add-on author directly and they told me to delete the SavedVariable for debuglogger. Has been working ever since.