Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Internal error... Abort: Pointer is NULL (..\cef\clienthandler.c/648)

wsvdyk
wsvdyk
I'm trying to play ESO and and got this massage: Internal error... Abort: Pointer is NULL (..\cef\clienthandler.c/648). I can download en patch the game(only with the installer) but nothing els. I can play ESO on my computer just fine, but that is a giant beast of a computer so I thought to play ESO in my good laptop.

62tez4xez3sc.png

Thank you for helping :D

Wesley
Edited by wsvdyk on April 8, 2014 7:09AM
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, @wsvdyk‌. Please attempt to fix the issue by completing the following steps, depending on if you are using a Mac or a PC:

Mac:
    • Navigate to the System Preferences under the Apple Menu.
    • Open up Network in System Preferences. (Usually located in the third row, third icon.)
    • Make sure the network connection with a green dot next to it is selected.
    • Click the Advanced button in the lower right corner
    • From the drop down menu, click on Proxies.
    • In the "Select a protocol to configure" list, uncheck "Auto Proxy Discovery"
    PC:
    • Open Internet Explorer (even if it is not your regular web browser)
    • Open the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
    • Go to Connections tab/LAN settings
    • Uncheck “Automatically detect proxy settings” and hit OK.
    • Press OK again to confirm.
    If these do not resolve the issue, please let us know!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • wsvdyk
    wsvdyk
    @ZOS_MichelleA try it, it didn't work. I have the same settings as my computer, the difference is that the computer it self.
    Edited by wsvdyk on April 9, 2014 8:33AM
  • wsvdyk
    wsvdyk
    @ZOS_MichelleA‌ do you have any sugestion what I can do? I tried what you sayed but it didn't work
  • omfg
    omfg
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem please help i have tried running as administrator
    and the internet explorer thing.
  • wsvdyk
    wsvdyk
    @omfg‌ try to start you ESO via the installer may take a few min but thats is the only way how I can play on my laptop, on my beast of a computer I can just start it
  • Elwinz
    Elwinz
    Soul Shriven
    I have same problem. The only way i can donwnload patch is reinstall launcher every patch.
    NVm the Proxy seting thing fixed the issue for me
    Edited by Elwinz on April 15, 2014 4:08PM
  • Kalwein_Ohyx

solution is to right click the launcher "run as admin" (note the minimized win with question if you "really" wish to). Gotten this since day one and the proxy didnt help.
  • wsvdyk
    wsvdyk
    solution is to right click the launcher "run as admin" (note the minimized win with question if you "really" wish to). Gotten this since day one and the proxy didnt help.

Thx this helped
  • melokuheh
    melokuheh
    Hey everyone,
    For those getting the error "ABORT: Pointer is NULL (..\cef\clienthandler.c/648)"
    Came up with a solution that worked for me. I already tried running as administrator and un-checking “Automatically detect proxy settings.” - neither worked

1. Disable antivirus software (I was using AVG. Right click in the system tray, "Temporarily disable AVG protection," select 10 minutes.
    2. Disable windows firewall. Control panel -- system and security -- Windows firewall. Select turn windows firewall on or off Tab.
    NExt, For both private AND public network settings, select turn off windows firewall (Not recommended)

After this I clicked the launcher up and it immediately patched. Once my game was updated to the correct version, I was then able to launch from the .exe file in program files without using the launcher.

I recommend immediately turning your firewall and antivirus back on, and doing a scan afterward. A better solution would be to allow ESO to bypass your firewall and antivirus.

Hopes this helps someone. It was really frustrating for me to go through.
    ~Meloku
  • omfg
    omfg
    Soul Shriven
    I found a solution right click your desktop eso icon go to the installation folder press uninstall for some reason the game does not fully uninstall and then download the client and it should work
  • Qippy
    Qippy
    Soul Shriven
    it's not working :(
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running as administrator? Turning off firewall and antivirus? This is not 1995. Having to do this just to play a game is preposterous, and it is potentially harmful to your system. Use caution and be aware of what you are doing.
  • Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem. How to fix? Don't offer to run as administrator.
    Edited by Swarog on October 18, 2014 9:01PM
    $ Welcome to the new trade guild The Wolves. Our trader located in Wayrest. Join us! Send me mail or /tell to @swarog.
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_CatK
    ZOS_CatK
    ✭✭✭
    @Swarog We have created a ticket for you and our Support team will contact you to help solve this issue. Have you tried the following workaround?

Mac:
    • Navigate to the System Preferences under the Apple Menu.
    • Open up Network in System Preferences. (Usually located in the third row, third icon.)
    • Make sure the network connection with a green dot next to it is selected.
    • Click the Advanced button in the lower right corner
    • From the drop down menu, click on Proxies.
    • In the "Select a protocol to configure" list, uncheck "Auto Proxy Discovery"

PC:
    • Open Internet Explorer (even if it is not your regular web browser)
    • Open the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
    • Go to Connections tab/LAN settings
    • Uncheck “Automatically detect proxy settings” and hit OK.
    • Press OK again to confirm.
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Swarog
    Swarog
    ✭✭✭
    I've solved the problem by granting write permissions to my user for "c:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online" directory.

As I saw, Launcher were unable to write logs to that directory as a minimum.
    It's not good idea to write any data to system directory such as "c:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online". The good location for this is the user profile directory.
    Edited by Swarog on October 19, 2014 1:51PM
    $ Welcome to the new trade guild The Wolves. Our trader located in Wayrest. Join us! Send me mail or /tell to @swarog.
  • ZOS_CatK
    ZOS_CatK
    ✭✭✭
    @Swarog Thank you for the update. We will forward this to the appropriate team to take a closer look. We're glad you made it back into the game.
    Staff Post
  • Ashayar
    Ashayar
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

I had the same problem. The only thing that solved it was to authorize the launcher program to run as administrator.

See you!

François