Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina underperforming PVP

• Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adosrc25 wrote: »
    Stamina NBs are so weak atm.Buff incap twice amount of damage and let it also give minor healing debuff with major one.Actually increase the duration as well.Also make it undodgable and cant be block.In that case there will be balance for every class.

why to stop there?

reduce incap. strike ultimate cost to 20 ( so you can proc it always), buff damage 2x ( as you said ) and let it ignore resistances

i can only see 9k incap. strikes on death recaps ( no cp cyro, 22k armor, 7 impen) which isnt good. that ammount should be at least 25k to be oneshot as was intended. lol.

and please, increase duration of cloak to at least 20 seconds with no cost. it is really hard on stamblade to keep cloak always up
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes pls !

My perma cloaking / Infinite Sustain/ 4k WP Stam NB has to make himself visible for the 3 sec it takes to kill anyone.

Its a huge problem as some others at those moments can see him and attempt to kill him. Only attempt though fortunately, but thats annoying ...

Cant beat them ? Join them. I only play NB these these days and I can tell from experience that they are a pure scandal ...
    Edited by Vanzen on March 10, 2019 12:39PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Stamina doesn’t overperform and magicka doesn’t underperform. There’s just a few heavy stamina sets that enable a slightly overtuned playstyle for stamina builds.

In the grand scheme of things, Light Magicka and Heavy Stam are both extremely powerful atm, but Medium Stamina (sans nightblade) falls a bit behind.

Words of reason are so rare on these forums, reading them is like a breath of fresh air.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Yeah but at least stamina has the arguably strongest skill in the game that provides ~600 regen and fracture at no cost, a massive penetration bonus in the armor passives that can’t be attained by any other means, and exponentially more build diversity/variety and class identity.

I would trade elemental drain for the 20% cost reduction on skills that stamina get. In my opinion The fact that all stamina abilities are 20% cheaper is alot better than elemental drain mag return. The penetration bonus of light is also pretty similar to the 16% weapon damage bonus of medium. I actually think the medium armor buff might be better because it's offensive and defensive. As well as stamina weapons have a higher base damage than staves.

So essentially both light and medium are both giving almost equal damage but the damage medium is getting can also be used defensively as well because all the weapon damage bonuses tie directly into healing.

Magicka has much more identity and build variety. I don't have any argument against that. magicka also has more utility making them just impossible to kill when multiple magicka players are grouped together. My personal opinion is medium is better than light armor for solo and duo play in open world cyrodiil and I think it's a pretty wide gap. While light can be better in certain 1v1 situations and for ball group DPS. After the shield changes however there isn't any real advantage to light over medium in 1v1. Your also see alot of strong medium 1v1 builds unlike in the past.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    100% love the satire.

So Magic characters need:

-A heavy armor set that provides high damage and heals
    -A strong burst AOE DOT ultimate
    -A AOE weapon execute
    -Magic version of bleeds (ignores all spell resistances)
    -Maybe a stamina version of negate

ZOS, can we please get sets like this:

8th Legion Fiend
    (2 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (3 items) Adds 129 Health Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (5 items) When you take damage, you have a 10% chance to gain 500 Spell Damage for 5 seconds and heal for 1260 Health. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.

...and maybe make directional AOE burst Magicka ultimate with a DOT on the Undaunted skill line? You can make one morph of it a stamina-based comet (meteor) that is telegraphed as it falls from the sky and super easy to block through. :trollface:

Maybe change Impulse to do extra damage to low health targets? That way we can spam it after using a burst Ultimate?

How about adding "Aedric damage" to a few magic-based abilities? The Aedric damage can ignore all spell resistances. That way, we can combine Aedric and Oblivion damage just like how stam builds can combine Bleeds and Oblivion damage.

Oh! And let's toss on a Stamina Negate onto the Necromancer ultimate skill line. That way- stamina characters will understand that "Time Stop" isn't the stamina version of Negate. It's an additive to Negate vs magic-based characters. So, now Stamina can get their abilities negated AND enjoy the pleasure of being Time Stopped! Fun, right?

Disclaimer: I don't know why the last couple of paragraphs keep bolding. I've checked the formatting and they're not marked as bold. Sorry- I'm not having a mental breakdown.
    Edited by Savos_Saren on March 10, 2019 6:59PM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    Yes pls !

My perma cloaking / Infinite Sustain/ 4k WP Stam NB has to make himself visible for the 3 sec it takes to kill anyone.

Its a huge problem as some others at those moments can see him and attempt to kill him. Only attempt though fortunately, but thats annoying ...

Cant beat them ? Join them. I only play NB these these days and I can tell from experience that they are a pure scandal ...

I know right. People say i play magblade because of permacloak. I also have a stamblade. Not only does he have better sustain, damage and can dodge troll for a very long time... i can still be perma cloaked. How many stamblades do people see? None, they are constant invisible.

Sometimes i am wondering why i torment myself wanting to main my magblade. Even my lvl 30 DK has better survivability in green gear.

Edit to get ontopic.... : Why does half of the replies not understand the sarcasm lol
    Edited by Knootewoot on March 10, 2019 7:26PM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People always complain about fury and seventh legion but if you are complaining about those sets it probably means you are xv1ing. They are specifically designed to only really be effective when you are getting hard focused or outnumbered or maybe in a duel against a high pressure build. Otherwise, the sets are bad and not worth wearing at all. Let's not keep nerfing solo and outnumbered play how bout it?
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People always complain about fury and seventh legion but if you are complaining about those sets it probably means you are xv1ing. They are specifically designed to only really be effective when you are getting hard focused or outnumbered or maybe in a duel against a high pressure build. Otherwise, the sets are bad and not worth wearing at all. Let's not keep nerfing solo and outnumbered play how bout it?

The problem isn't the fact that people wearing that set can defend themselves against groups. The problem is that you get groups of people wearing those sets and wiping everyone near them.

Make it even. Give magic-based players similar sets and see if people are saying that those sets are "balanced".
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-A AOE weapon execute
    Don't forget reflects, anti-melee morph of Shimmering Shield, and ability to spam dodge rolls.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, ironically, I got instagibbed (Holy ***, "instagibbed" is actually a real word??? No spellcheck popped up for it!) by a MagBlade with Caluurion. Honestly, I didn't even mind. I'm so used to a StamBlade just wreaking havoc out of nowhere. I know the MagBlade was using a proc set... but I mean... it's kind of what they have to use in order to be equal to their stam-based brethren.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭

Who said anything about nerfing? Thing is in my opinion it's strange that a stamina sets have 2x/3x times the (5) piece bonus value (which also increases based on major + minor + continous buffs) compared to its magicka versions. Especially if you take into account that especially magicka characters have to sustain two resource pools and thus are most likely already losing spelldamage/magpool because they need to invest in some stamina/stam regen.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% love the satire.

-A AOE weapon execute

ZOS, can we please get sets like this:

8th Legion Fiend
    (2 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (3 items) Adds 129 Health Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (5 items) When you take damage, you have a 10% chance to gain 500 Spell Damage for 5 seconds and heal for 1260 Health. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.

...and maybe make directional AOE burst Magicka ultimate with a DOT on the Undaunted skill line? You can make one morph of it a stamina-based comet (meteor) that is telegraphed as it falls from the sky and super easy to block through. :trollface:

Maybe change Impulse to do extra damage to low health targets? That way we can spam it after using a burst Ultimate?

How about adding "Aedric damage" to a few magic-based abilities? The Aedric damage can ignore all spell resistances. That way, we can combine Aedric and Oblivion damage just like how stam builds can combine Bleeds and Oblivion damage.

Oh! And let's toss on a Stamina Negate onto the Necromancer ultimate skill line. That way- stamina characters will understand that "Time Stop" isn't the stamina version of Negate. It's an additive to Negate vs magic-based characters. So, now Stamina can get their abilities negated AND enjoy the pleasure of being Time Stopped! Fun, right?

Disclaimer: I don't know why the last couple of paragraphs keep bolding. I've checked the formatting and they're not marked as bold. Sorry- I'm not having a mental breakdown.

Hahaha made my day :D Take an awesome :) let's not forget about powerful dot heal not tied to any weapon, magicka based roll dodge, block and break free so magicka will be able to focus only on one resource pool. Then we can give stamina those OP 6-7k shields that they whine about constantly :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I read the title and thought it was someone being serious, until I saw who wrote it xD

Nightblades need a buff, incap way to costly!
    EU | PC
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, ironically, I got instagibbed (Holy ***, "instagibbed" is actually a real word??? No spellcheck popped up for it!) by a MagBlade with Caluurion. Honestly, I didn't even mind. I'm so used to a StamBlade just wreaking havoc out of nowhere. I know the MagBlade was using a proc set... but I mean... it's kind of what they have to use in order to be equal to their stam-based brethren.

Unfortunately that's true :/ it's a cheap trick set but it's the only way that magblade can actually be dangerous, but due to no max stats this set leaves NB with totally crappy magicka pool.

This thread reminded me how much disparity there is between magicka and stamina and how big masochist I am to stick with magicka.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as mag toons are able to spam shields stam toons will need heavy armor to compete. at least I do. of course I'm not running sets like 7th or fury and I'm not that great.

Dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, miss, dodge dodge.

Dodge dodge dodge light attack->Zaan proc-dead your welcome
    @Nord_Raseri @thankyourat
    :trollface:
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to trigger the forum

Nice one papa :heart:
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skills themself is relatively fine balance wise, but the itemization of eso is way out of balance. Some sets are so overtuned its silly, and they only work for a very select few builds/classes. Id say tune down a multitude of sets like 7th legion etc and make more sets for both stamina and magicka that does the same thing.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • OwN_Reflex
    OwN_Reflex
    ✭✭
    Papachico wrote: »
    For a long time now stamina chars are underperforming compared to magicka classes. I mean stamina chars need to sustain two resource pools in order to survive where magicka chars only have to focus on one pool. Also magicka chars have sets that are for 1. heavy armor and 2. fully buffed stack up to 750+ spelldamage. Where stamina sets only give 250-300 as (5) piece armor bonus buff. There is just one stamina set that grants 500 wep damage on just one person for 5 seconds.... but you can understand that this is not preferred in open world pvp when facing muliple enemies, it also doesnt buff your heals. Also magicka chars have an easier life when it comes to picking ultimate for open world pvp it has 1. high direct damage which is also AOE, 2. an additional dot on it and 3. also a stun. Where stamina chars are depending on class don't come remotely close to previous mentioned ult for magicka chars.

buff stamina. please.

Give this man the Master Angler title. Now.

• Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I arrived to this thread too late to fully appreciate the sarcasm and irony....
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine a Magplar or MagDK with magicka versions of Fury + 7th...would be insane, especially in duels their stamina counterparts would get destroyed by them.
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    I suggest you try rolling a mag character and go into PvP. Roll dodge once, get stunned after... No stam to break free... Dead.

Now roll a stam toon. Dodge, block, roll, break free, roll, block, break roots.... Still plenty of stam to deal damage... Alive and kicking.

show me a video of a class that isnt specced into spamming dodge roll & i will believe you, otherwise stop spreading false ***, stamina cant spam dodge and breakfree and block and still have stamina, if anything its far easier to permablock on a mag toon (im looking directly at magdk and magplar)
    PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
    Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie2072 wrote: »
    red_emu wrote: »
    I suggest you try rolling a mag character and go into PvP. Roll dodge once, get stunned after... No stam to break free... Dead.

Now roll a stam toon. Dodge, block, roll, break free, roll, block, break roots.... Still plenty of stam to deal damage... Alive and kicking.

show me a video of a class that isnt specced into spamming dodge roll & i will believe you, otherwise stop spreading false ***, stamina cant spam dodge and breakfree and block and still have stamina, if anything its far easier to permablock on a mag toon (im looking directly at magdk and magplar)

Permablock hasn't been a thing since block reduction, CP allocated toward defile, and bleeds have become OP. The "permablocking" builds that you see these days are utilizing the SnB ultimate... which can be used by any class.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as mag toons are able to spam shields stam toons will need heavy armor to compete. at least I do. of course I'm not running sets like 7th or fury and I'm not that great.

Dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, miss, dodge dodge.

Dodge dodge dodge light attack->Zaan proc-dead your welcome
    @Nord_Raseri @thankyourat
    :trollface:

that doesn't sound remotely fun. I have a better time standing my ground and fighting 'till I'm dead.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feelsbad man

Seventh Legion Brute
    OLD: When you take damage, you have a 10% chance to gain 500 Weapon Damage for 5 seconds and heal for 1260 Health. This effect can occur once every 2 seconds.
    NEW: When you cast an ability that increases your Physical or Spell Resistance, you gain 350 Weapon Damage and 350 Health Recovery for 10 seconds. This effect can occur every 10 seconds.

Warrior’s Fury:
    This set now procs off taking any damage, rather than only Critical Damage.
    Reduced the duration of the buff to 5 seconds from 6 seconds.
    The stacking bonus can now only occur once every half second.
    Reduced the total number of stacks to 20 from 25, resulting in a 150 Weapon Damage reduction. Upon reaching 20 stacks the bonus can no longer refresh, but will double in duration.

Ravager
    OLD: When you deal melee damage, you have an 8% chance to increase your Weapon Damage by 645 for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.
    NEW: Each time you attempt to reduce the target’s Physical or Spell Resistance, you gain a stack of Ravager for 5 seconds, increasing your Weapon Damage by 125. You can gain a stack every 1 second. At 4 stacks, the duration doubles but cannot be refreshed.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • No shields
    • no pets outside of ww lol
    • no one second full healing
    • high burst
    basically all the things that make a character over perform stam doesnt have