Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Customize Your Home with 3D Essential Effects(tm) (BETA) from Essential Housing Tools

• Chryseia
    Chryseia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immozz, I am sure he is not purposefully ignoring you. Cardi spends tons of time on this addon and engaging with the community (I'm not really sure how he finds the time to be honest). I know he spent at least 80 hours trying to fix and minimize just one minor issue - the invisible clipping that happens sometimes when you are looking at one FX through another FX. I don't know how he finds the time, but I am grateful that he does!

Regarding mails specifically, I know that the FX contest closed on Monday, and all FX for entries were shared via the in-game mail system. It's possible that regular mails might have been swamped by all the entries. And he probably has a lot on his plate, it being the middle of the work week, managing contest judging/entries, and trying to fix the various bugs that cropped up with the update.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    I know, all just relax I just put a reminder here because sometimes he reads the forum and forgets his forum mail :)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    now make the candles spin in the room :)

Actually I was going to make the griffonsg6d4gaets0j.png
    burst into flame (like a phoenix), vanish, and come back. But I cannot seem to get animated scenes to work, I'm just clueless. This is Dumbledore's office, the gryffon is on the desk.

@StabbityDoom Ping me whenever you are on next and I’ll help you. ;)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K please read your mail

@immozz01 Will do as soon as I get home. :)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catsmoke14 wrote: »
    @R_K I thought about telling you a few weeks ago (since its not difficult to get an old version of EHT to run even when they change the API) but your paintings (at least for me) on the PTS are all cropped. I figured you'd see it and fix it.

But I'm currently using 11.0.3 on PTS and they are still cropped - if you already know and are taking care of this already then just ignore. I scanned your comments quickly however and did not see a mention of this.

I suppose it could be something peculiar to me/my installation. But like I said, for me, the paintings are definitely cropped on PTS.

Thanks.

@Catsmoke14 you were totally right. Lol. Fixed ! A bit late on my part, but fixed nonetheless. Thanks for the heads up!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off this is an amazing addon and I am excited to try it out now that I have seen what you've done! You mentioned this:
    R_K wrote: »
    Also, please keep in mind that, for now, only you will see Essential Effects placed in the home; however, other players will be able to see these effects with an upcoming release of Essential Housing Tools.

and it makes sense for how it would only show up for you but I am curious as to how it would be possible for other players to see it. Addons can't save information on eso's servers so I figure it would have to be a simular approach to how TTC does it with a client that uploads the data to a server elsewhere and will download updates on what others have uploaded. But doing that for everyone using the addon would be inefficent as users would be downloading info for people that they are never going to visit. I'm curious how you plan to get around this issue.

@DragonHeart000 So I take it that you’ve seen by now how FX are shared via mail or chat but I may eventually write a service and website that could function very similar to TTC for the purpose of FX among other things. TBA... ;)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was the first one who ever got (paying well) a sign, it Is about improving the addon, making it more user friendly

would have new customer for @R_K but he never reads his mail

Knowing @R_K I can say he’s not purposely not answering or checking his mail, we are guildies and he can go days without loging in due to real life and when he does log in he deal with problems that are pointed out , over the past several days he’s been releasing patches due to several issues that popped up before and after the dungeon release, the biggest being several of us having some crashes and other problems. In these situations all attention goes to finding and fixing problems.

One more thing we must all remember he does this on his own, he doesn’t get paid for it he just chooses to give us something that makes housing so much better for all of us. He’s a one man show so it takes time to review mails, posts here and see and work on problems first is the priority, I’ve asked for things to be added my self and weeks later I’ve seen em in game. It’s just a matter of RL which always come first.

@Krainor1974 Just <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chryseia wrote: »
    Immozz, I am sure he is not purposefully ignoring you. Cardi spends tons of time on this addon and engaging with the community (I'm not really sure how he finds the time to be honest). I know he spent at least 80 hours trying to fix and minimize just one minor issue - the invisible clipping that happens sometimes when you are looking at one FX through another FX. I don't know how he finds the time, but I am grateful that he does!

Regarding mails specifically, I know that the FX contest closed on Monday, and all FX for entries were shared via the in-game mail system. It's possible that regular mails might have been swamped by all the entries. And he probably has a lot on his plate, it being the middle of the work week, managing contest judging/entries, and trying to fix the various bugs that cropped up with the update.

@Chryseia Also <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And just one last post while I’m checking in...

It’s true that I definitely never would intend to ignore anyone. On the contrary, I do my best to help every single person who takes an interest and has questions. So if I ever miss a question from anyone on any platform - here, in game, etc. - please resend your message.

Much Love,
    Cardinal
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    he added actual working portals one for each house so as u see in my homes i have portals that work

e5daobmmo1cf.png
    opy3c4xzdf93.png
    h9f0zwdmrcoh.png
    vcjglz9o3xac.png
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Krainor1974 , great job as always. I loved your new Strident Inn as well!
    @R_K , I can't tell you how much your work is appreciated. I don't think we can ever say it in just words, but maybe you can see it in all of the creative ways it's being used. I can't imagine the time it must take you to do what you do and it truly still, to this day, never ceases to just blow my mind.
    Thought I'd share something @Hauteecole_Rider16 created with your fx and animations. It's a really smooth transition between two very different styles. Amazing job all of you!
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=BoAdBeMD42k
    Edited by Delphinia on March 1, 2019 3:49PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the new eht portals that connect my homes, btw any visitor to my house can use portals to visit my other homes.
    jzlwkmwu9ydc.jpeg
    aj75yjk1y0jp.jpeg
    yo98f8ktofcz.jpeg
    lw58ppjwa4cv.png
    8k8opf2545n6.png
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to try this for the first time yesterday. Still have a lot to learn but it fixed a glaring problem I had with my Autumns Gate house and that was no snow flakes. Yay.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a question for you @R_K . Would it be possible to layer your skies? Say I place The Void (the all black sky) and then place the Witching or Aurora sky "over" that. I think it would be a really cool effect.

In the meantime...keep working on my day/night toggle, eh? LOL <3
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be a silly question, but as a new user to EHT it's overwhelming (in a good way) to figure out everything that's possible. I was wondering--is there a place with full documentation or is the ESOUI.com changelog it? I just want to make sure I'm looking in the right place!

Thanks for all you do!
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @bellatrixed ! Yes, there's a couple of ways you can find out more info.
    And, no, it's not a silly question at all :)
    If you get EHT, there is actually a tutorial right there in it!
    Also, you can check out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUnp3soEiXWH4vXWM5FUEqw
    Have fun with it
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K

Would it be possible to make the "hit-box" of the portals match the actual dimensions of the visual a bit more tightly? Currently if you wan to make a very large portal the hit-box is huge, and if you want to make the portals smaller the hit-box still stick out way beyond the FX.

I know now of the inner workings of such things, but it never hurt to ask. :)
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Alinhbo_Tyaka
    @bellatrixed
    A guildie of ours is doing this :
    Hey @everyone on my twitch stream tonight (approximately 5 pm mountain time, USA, www.twitch.tv/cryhavok101) I plan on doing Essential Housing Tools tutorials. If you have been avoiding using it cause it's a complex and intimidating add-on, come see it's mysteries revealed. FX, furniture manipulation, and animations all. Come ask any questions you have and I'll demonstrate how to do all the things you want. I hate the idea that anyone might be missing out on all the awesome things it can do, so please stop by.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on March 4, 2019 8:00PM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Krainor1974

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure if I'll be able to make it as dinner is about 10 minutes away from being ready but will try.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to make it to cryhavok101's demonstration last night. It was well worth the time. He went through a lot of stuff including how to use EHT for large objects, to organize a storage house, for material overlays and a lot more. For someone who had only started playing with it a day or two ago quite informative. cryhavok101 said he was recording the stream as well so I would expect it to show up on his Twitch page for those who would liked to have been there.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    we encountered some issues where the wrong items get linked while sharing data, like the private submissions, shows a red square instead of guild logo...
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to make it to cryhavok101's demonstration last night. It was well worth the time. He went through a lot of stuff including how to use EHT for large objects, to organize a storage house, for material overlays and a lot more. For someone who had only started playing with it a day or two ago quite informative. cryhavok101 said he was recording the stream as well so I would expect it to show up on his Twitch page for those who would liked to have been there.

He has his own tutorials as well here :
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCUnp3soEiXWH4vXWM5FUEqw
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good to be protected
    4kidr9xeygjk.png

Edited by Krainor1974 on March 6, 2019 1:51PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angel fish added

hl2mdw2wejwj.png
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My villa temple with divine windows
    4hm6fgma4qn8.png
    py26xtawklh3.png
    3iz2cxo44p41.png
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4hm6fgma4qn8.png
    py26xtawklh3.png
    3iz2cxo44p41.png

Oh my! I love this @Krainor1974 . Have you ever seen picture of Damanhur? It's an eco-village in Northern Italy and for some reason your temple reminds me of their underground temples.
    add211010f353620c841fcfca5f1e007.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2016-02-18-at-11.53.10-AM-640x400.png
    damanhur1.jpg

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4hm6fgma4qn8.png
    py26xtawklh3.png
    3iz2cxo44p41.png

Oh my! I love this @Krainor1974 . Have you ever seen picture of Damanhur? It's an eco-village in Northern Italy and for some reason your temple reminds me of their underground temples.
    add211010f353620c841fcfca5f1e007.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2016-02-18-at-11.53.10-AM-640x400.png
    damanhur1.jpg

I see what you mean those pics are amazing