The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

TTC on PC - Too many searches in rapid succession

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone else noticed that sometimes when using Tamriel Trade Center to scan a guild store (to automatically update it's listings) the search cuts off early and you get a message saying 'Too many searches in rapid succession?'

I feel like this has been happening to me more and more often recently, today it's happened every single time I've tried to scan a store. It's frustrating because it means at least some items were missed (sometimes it's only gone through 1 or 2 pages of items) and my only option is to try again, which will almost certainly produce the same result.

If it's something on my end which is causing this I'd appreciate any suggestions to fix it. And if it's a problem with the addon itself it might be something for the creator/s to think about, since I suspect it's leading to a lot of missed data. Personally I'd prefer it if the search ran slower and got everything than going faster but getting cut off early.
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that sometimes when using Tamriel Trade Center to scan a guild store (to automatically update it's listings) the search cuts off early and you get a message saying 'Too many searches in rapid succession?'

I feel like this has been happening to me more and more often recently, today it's happened every single time I've tried to scan a store. It's frustrating because it means at least some items were missed (sometimes it's only gone through 1 or 2 pages of items) and my only option is to try again, which will almost certainly produce the same result.

If it's something on my end which is causing this I'd appreciate any suggestions to fix it. And if it's a problem with the addon itself it might be something for the creator/s to think about, since I suspect it's leading to a lot of missed data. Personally I'd prefer it if the search ran slower and got everything than going faster but getting cut off early.

It happens to me, too, when I'm searching a guild vendor with just AGS and MM loaded, and TTC turned off, so imo that indicates it's deeper than just TTC.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    My best guess on the issue, which is likely the same one that affects things like guild banks when adding/subtracting several items in succession, is merely that the servers have been very full recently due to holidays, and that, once those finish, and the population more or less goes back to normal, this issue will come up far less often. It's also far less likely to happen if you are doing these at off hours, like in the middle of the night in the Americas. The servers here really aren't quite capable of handling the population they gather, though there's a good chance that they're working on upgrading those. At least that's my impression from both the last maintenance and the one we'll have tonight both having intended end times, which is something that Zos has very much avoided before now.

@Alassirana
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm.. yeah, sometimes it even causes all the vendors to “lock”, reloading UI then is useless, and you actually have to relogg and wait 5 minutes (loading time) until you can use any vendors again.

Tried FFXIV and their trading system can view all listings from all players on a single marketboard, you can update them whenever until sold and more, It’s a far better system than ESO have for selling stuff right now atleast, not trying to be rude, just hope ESO learn from them.
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or a deliberate change but the recent updates to this add-on seem to have fixed the problem. Since Wrathstone and the new version of TTC I've not had a scan cut short and I'm finding it much easier to be confident it actually got everything.

Which is good because it makes me much more willing to scan traders whenever I buy from them now I don't feel like I could be wasting my time trying over and over to get it to pick up more than a few items.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"