Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Beware disappearing furniture when trading in homes.

Cloudtrader
Cloudtrader
✭✭✭✭✭
I was helping a friend decorate her Grotto, but we couldn't get a rug to work (dang crooked floors), so she gave me the rug to use in my Xanmeer. Upon trade, I saw the item added to my inventory on the pop-up and ported out to my Xanmeer. Couldn't find the item in my bags, her bags, my house, her house... it was gone. Asking around in my housing guild, someone said they'd heard of a bug where trading furnishings in houses could cause that furnishing to disappear.

At least it was only the rug that disappeared, but I thought I'd bring this up and see if anyone else has experienced this. Beware!
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone I follow on Twitter had this happen to them last night with a Shivering Cheese they were getting back from their spouse while in spouse's home, and no, they are not happy.

I recommend everyone file the heck out of tickets and don't stop contacting ESO Support about it till they return your items and fix this bug. The more reports support gets, the quicker they'll realize this isn't a one-off glitch.
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on March 14, 2019 7:05AM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS pretty much confirmed that bug reports dont get viewed by support. so make sure you submit a support ticket.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had something similar happening to me back when the Psijic Villa came out. It was only a cheap item so I didn't bother with a ticket, but it sure is really annoying.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had heard this was resolved; but, sounds like it hasn't been.. thanks for the head's up! 🥂 I was thinking of trading some expensive patterns in my home later today
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is definitely still happening, and everyone needs to be aware. I hope they fix it!!!
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw an update on the person with the missing cheese: it has been returned by customer support. Interestingly, the response given by customer support said that what's happening is that when an item is being traded in player homes, the game seems to think the item is being destroyed by the person holding it, rather than traded. The staff is aware of the issue and is looking into it and said to avoid trading in player homes (duh, haha). I hope it gets fixed soon!
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it gets fixed soon, too!