Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Murkmire Quest Broken

mahoukitty
mahoukitty
✭✭
Hello! I'm currently having trouble with the quest Death and Dreaming in Murkmire (potential spoilers ahead!).

I've completed the solo instance and returned to the Dreaming Nest to face the big twist in the story. According to various wiki pages my next quest objective should be to talk to Xukas (who I think should be in here with me but isn't), but the game simply keeps directing me to defeat the Ayleid forces - which I've already done and therefore can't do again. I'm stuck in the dream wallow state in the Dreaming Nest and can't go anywhere or do anything. This occurred for the first time yesterday and I quit the game, deciding to leave it and check back again today to see if it would reset and fix itself. It did indeed reset but the exact same thing happened when I replayed the quest. Not really sure what to do from here or if anyone else has experienced this!

j4lbi0ebdyup.png

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not the only one to report this recently.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Can we get the devs to look at this, this is a common issue lately
    Edited by Nestor on February 26, 2019 9:16PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mahoukitty
    mahoukitty
    ✭✭
    It's reassuring to at least know I'm not the only one experiencing this, thank you!
  • Gabe42
    Gabe42
    I'm having the same issue. I have seen several people in the game who had the same problem.

There is already a slightly older and longer thread for this. Maybe you can post your info and screenshot there again to have it all in one place.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/460867/death-and-dreaming-quest-bug

Hope this gets fixed soon!
  • kentonjacksonb16_ESO
    This is obviously something that has been broken by the patch at the start of the week, been seeing a fair few players piling up outside the Dreaming Nest trying to reset the quest to no avail. This really needs at least an acknowledgment from the forum moderators/community managers that they are investigating the issue.
  • themaker387_ESO
    themaker387_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I just wanted to add another vote for the devs to look into this - I just got to this quest myself. Did it twice just to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. Nope! Just plain broken.
  • Ethos
    Ethos
    ✭✭✭
    Already been reported multiple times even tho it's seems it didn't even got fix with the today's patch.
    Edited by Ethos on March 4, 2019 12:02PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just letting you know we've seen this thread and are looking into a fix for the quest.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    same bug
  • diosnatur
    diosnatur
    Soul Shriven
    I also have that problem
    Faladryn - Altmer Magikden
    Shidur - Khajiit Stamden
    Cp 1040
  • JayAstrophel
    JayAstrophel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't get that far - been having a game crash every time I enter Dreaming Nest for the past 2 weeks.
    TAMRIEL MERCENARIES AND ADVENTURERS SOCIETY
    CP460
    level cap characters -
    Aren'dra - khajiit ww stamblade - DPS - sneak-thief wanderer
    still leveling -
    Danara-jo - khajiit vamp magblade - healer - ancient scholar
    Lost-In-His-Wanderings - argonian magplar - healer - melancholy dreamer
    Riin-daro the Returned- khajiit necro - tank - pieced back together
    Paints-the-Skies - argonian magden - DPS - storyteller
    Furrin-ko - khajiit magden - healer - wild at heart
    Completely-Innocent - argonian magdk - DPS - gets into trouble
  • Bluedragonark
    Bluedragonark
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh I was just looking to see if others have been having issues. I've gone through the "Defeat the Ayleid Forces" 3 times now. Hoping a fix comes soon. I was wanting to finish this quest line during next weeks Spring Break.
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ridiculous. I dropped it, done with it. Murkmire has murky waters and loads of bugs.
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem with the quest here. After a while it finally let me move, but then the 'defeat the ayleids' part never went away.
  • Unn_Cygnus
    Unn_Cygnus
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same, I've defeated the Aleads 4 times now by abandoning the quest or leaving and re-entering the cave but the result is always the same, always back to 'Defeat the Ayleads'
  • Robby94
    Robby94
    ✭✭✭
    any updates on the bug?
  • diosnatur
    diosnatur
    Soul Shriven
    Any news about this bug?
    Faladryn - Altmer Magikden
    Shidur - Khajiit Stamden
    Cp 1040
  • slowiee007preeb18_ESO
    slowiee007preeb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    same here...
    Mac/EU
  • VoodoobearSpirit
    VoodoobearSpirit
    Soul Shriven
    No news?
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's hope for a solution with today's patch.
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fixed! I was able to complete the quest.