Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add faction locked 7-day campaign or put 48-72 hour acct cooldown on hops in same campaign

• fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    There aren't enough players left for this, everyone is too busy playing Apex.

PC/NA is so dead, in the Vivec campaign the AD nerds rob the EP scrolls every night and cap the map.

First sign of a dead campaign, people stop playing when they can't win, and Apex is a sh*t-ton more fun.

This is seriously hilarious considering how long EP was taking everyone's scrolls every night, but now it's a problem because AD did it back :(
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    The faction hopping is occurring en masse where players are going from low pop faction to high pop or Emp faction with daily frequency, on weekends, and during prime time. It's absolutely ridiculous on Kyne NA-PC.

Sure, some want to faction hop so they can play with friends or even play on underdog but those are by far the minority. This absence of any restrictions whatsoever has been continuously and totally abused by the majority of those that do so.

Will you all please do something? Put a 48 or 72 hour timer on accounts for hopping on same account alt from another faction on the same campaign. SIMPLE & VERY REASONABLE!!!!

(won't solve all but will help minimize)

What I see here is nothing. Someone that wants something without any justification just because they think might be causing problems yet they have no clue if anything significant is happening.

Sure, they say it is SIMPLE & VERY REASONBLE which makes sense because they want it but they do not even bother to provide any actual justification for it nor do they even provide any measurement of how much it will solve of whatever their make believe problem is.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would suggest campain wide time locks so 30 days will be 30 days 7 will be 7 days. Problem solved.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "winning" side. What exactly do players get for switching to the winning side? 100k AP and they are at tier 3. So switching to the winning side benefits them for all of 2 or 3 hours at worst. This argument has never and will never make sense. Winning the campaign is utterly meaningless unless you are pushing the leaderboard or you have all of your characters in that faction. The only reason people really want this is out of some absurd sense of faction loyalty. Just fight whoever is fighting against you and fight with whoever is fighting with you and get over it already.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The faction hopping is occurring en masse where players are going from low pop faction to high pop or Emp faction with daily frequency, on weekends, and during prime time. It's absolutely ridiculous on Kyne NA-PC.

Sure, some want to faction hop so they can play with friends or even play on underdog but those are by far the minority. This absence of any restrictions whatsoever has been continuously and totally abused by the majority of those that do so.

Will you all please do something? Put a 48 or 72 hour timer on accounts for hopping on same account alt from another faction on the same campaign. SIMPLE & VERY REASONABLE!!!!

(won't solve all but will help minimize)

What I see here is nothing. Someone that wants something without any justification just because they think might be causing problems yet they have no clue if anything significant is happening.

Sure, they say it is SIMPLE & VERY REASONBLE which makes sense because they want it but they do not even bother to provide any actual justification for it nor do they even provide any measurement of how much it will solve of whatever their make believe problem is.

When someone makes a post, and u reply to it it, u might want to actually reply in a coherent manner rather than conjure some nonsense made-up straw-man argument no one is thinking about.. DUH

These post about legit arguments aren't here to boost your troll post count.
    Edited by Enkil on March 4, 2019 6:41AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That cooldown is probably a little excessive, but I think there needs to be one, even if it's only 45 minutes to an hour.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest having the time lockout on the 30 day campaigns but leaving the 7 day campaigns untouched. So that I'm unaffected.

People grind through Vivec on all their characters in all factions because the same amount of AP earns you 5x the end-of-campaign reward. 50 transmute crystals instead of 10, etc.

I keep all my characters on Shor, split evenly between the factions. People who abuse faction hopping don't play there. Almost nobody plays there. It's a ghost town. I hated the faction lockouts when they were a thing and I'd hate to be subject to them again. Have your locked campaign, but let me have my unlocked one.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mudcrabber wrote: »
    People grind through Vivec on all their characters in all factions because the same amount of AP earns you 5x the end-of-campaign reward. 50 transmute crystals instead of 10, etc.
    It's not the exploitation of AP and crystals that bothers me with faction swapping, it's the dirty and immoral behaviour that it helps provide. A small window where you're not allowed to enter a pvp zone on a different faction would help alleviate a lot of these problems.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    The "winning" side. What exactly do players get for switching to the winning side? 100k AP and they are at tier 3. So switching to the winning side benefits them for all of 2 or 3 hours at worst. This argument has never and will never make sense. Winning the campaign is utterly meaningless unless you are pushing the leaderboard or you have all of your characters in that faction. The only reason people really want this is out of some absurd sense of faction loyalty. Just fight whoever is fighting against you and fight with whoever is fighting with you and get over it already.

..in your opinion.

In mine if i want that ill go play a FPS or street fighter 2.

This is an MMORPG and the tactical play around the map, and alliance gains is where its at for many.

If all you care for is instant gratification then remain in BattleGrounds, Cyrodiil is a place for more than that. And alliance matters, things that break that need to change.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, as ever on this topic, no argument made for remaining as os actually stacks up.

Yet introducing a lock, albeit it a short one 24-48hr has nothing but gains.

Give us something @ZOS_BrianWheeler please!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's pros and cons to both approaches. I prefer a faction lock, but implementing one now would not be fair to players who've made choices regarding character development on the basis of no limitations for years.

I agree that there's a problem with players switching sides purely on the basis of what's best for them. It's not just about winning campaigns -- some factions are easier to surf with or small scale with and each faction has different guild dynamics.

This is can be a problem because it ignores the larger picture: balanced teams and the overall health of the game.

I don't think a faction lock is the only kind of solution. I think the best approach would be for ZOS to shape player behaviour with rewards. They've attempted to do this in a more primitive way with situational AP bonuses, but that's not enough. I think it would take a major overhaul of the reward system with a focus on solving particular issues to produce good results.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Again, as ever on this topic, no argument made for remaining as os actually stacks up.

There are lots of valid arguments made for the system to remain as is. You just choose not to accept them because they don’t resonate in your echo chamber.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there was ever going to be a lock implemented. Lock Shor as it is only 7 days and leave Vivec non-lock for the faction hopping AP farmers.

This way you get a team oriented server and a free for all AP farm server.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    This would require a massive overhaul and please a small fraction while isolating a whole bunch of people from playing their characters they earned.

The game was released without this intent 5 years ago, and 5 years (and probably thousands of "faction lock" threads) later, they still are not budging on that. Can you not just be happy with playing and developing your own characters? Why is it so necessary to try to control how other people play?

Normally I'd agree with this assessment but because those players can easily undo the work of a group then we could come up with better alternatives.

I wouldn't complain if they rid us of campaigns, 4 guild slots, 3 banner war, and just make Cyrodiil a PvP zone for cross guild alliances ever guild just holds down their own keep. Full loot would be good.

• Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at tactical work in eso. Oh let’s pvdoor faregyle to take roe/Alessia. So tactical.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just goes to show what kind of society in which you participate, when most people think that picking a side, and growing a spine are both considered disreputable traits. There you have it a world of cheats, deceits, and

jfnO3.gif
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doesn't have to be every campaign.. we just want one with a lock please.
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Just freaking stop with the faction hopping threads. It’s not ruining campaigns or effecting anything. Oh boo hoo about a scroll on a dead campaign.

a dead campaign? Kyne is the PIPELINE for new PvP players...

If you have a coherent rebuttal or counter-proposal, by all means STATE IT!

If u aren't capable of at least that, kindly keep quiet please. :) Thank You in advance

Kyne is a pipeline of zergling players who refuse to go to sotha or shor or Vivec because they can use their golded lowbey gear and pick on new players. That’s it.

In reality, that is the minority.. no reason to make big changes in game or develop to cater to them. The vast pool of potential PvP players get turned off to PvP totally by those few gold-geared rerollers on Kyne logging cross-faction alts to "farm" them.

Big part of why I'm requesting a timer...

For those saying the game is dead.. that doesn't matter if the devs still working on it.. they need to fix broken stuff.. (esp since they adding new content quite often)

Easy fix for this...

Make it so that if your "Account" has every had a character over 50 they aren't allowed into Kyne even if that character was deleted. Problem solved. Kyne will only be populated with beginner players. Once you have a character that caps out you cap out.

Easier fix, Remove the scaling for gear quality in Kyne.

I actually like the idea of a campaign legitimately for new players though. I actually prefer what crispen is suggesting, even if it is harder to implement.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem with what Crispen said is that new players might not learn the "right way" to PvP and come Vivec, Sotha or Shor and just get completely called out in zone. (Let's be honest zone can be brutal sometimes) I mean by the time these players might learn something they are probably close to vetting out. I think Kyne would be a complete mess if players who have ever had a level 50 couldn't go into it.

Now about faction locks. I don't know, maybe if you want to try ONE campaign that does that fine, make a new one and try it but overall it might be bad. I know that I am in the minority in terms of when I hop factions like If EP is overloaded I'll go onto AD or DC to help the lower pop. I usually try to stay one faction per cycle unless I am helping a friend/guild member who is emp and no one is online to help him in his faction, or if like I said before, the side I am playing on is "zerging" I'll either hope to the lower pop side to help or just leave Kyne and go PvP somewhere else. I think it might be bad because if one side dominates then that's pretty much it unless the other side learns or gets more players and that can be demoralizing and turn players away from PvP. I mean who wants to play in a campaign so one sided, history of PvP shows players just leave and join more fun and balanced campaigns. But if ZOS wants to make a new campaign and try it then so be it, heck they could even try it during an AP event to ensure that it is populated and tested by players.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on March 6, 2019 7:36AM
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s make a faction locked campaign....so that way it’s completely dead or dominated by one faction so we can prove nobody wants faction lock and that it does nothing.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »

There are lots of valid arguments made for the system to remain as is. You just choose not to accept them because they don’t resonate in your echo chamber.

Ok, want to list them out so we can see them?
    'playing with mates'
    'i stack the losing side honnest'

Tend to be about it....But honnestly happy to hear them. As i can think of none that stack up against a timebound lock at the least (48hrs)

Converserly any ideas you have that will stop some of the nefarious behaviours we do see due to faction hoping by other means let us know. As again, I'm happy to back off lock if there's another way to discourage cheats........
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    If there was ever going to be a lock implemented. Lock Shor as it is only 7 days and leave Vivec non-lock for the faction hopping AP farmers.

This way you get a team oriented server and a free for all AP farm server.

Happy with that - lock Kyne, Shor and Sotha tho leave the boosters with the zergs
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

..in your opinion.

This is an MMORPG and the tactical play around the map, and alliance gains is where its at for many.

If all you care for is instant gratification then remain in BattleGrounds, Cyrodiil is a place for more than that. And alliance matters, things that break that need to change.

By the same token, those players swapping for instant gratification, or T1-T3 rewards, are spending only a couple hours on the campaign, and are not capable of influencing the result as much as you claim.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - fix CP being boring and broken so we can delete unbalanced nCP.
    - remove all campaigns except for the lowbie one.
    - add 1 additional new campaign with free-for-all rules
    - all keeps to have doors removed.
    - increase dmg on siege and ultimates so that players die faster to help combat lag
    - add ways to teleport across the map to interesting locations
    - add unique cyro items so PVE players have reason to enter lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

..in your opinion.

By the same token, those players swapping for instant gratification, or T1-T3 rewards, are spending only a couple hours on the campaign, and are not capable of influencing the result as much as you claim.

They can spy, muck about with scrolls, boost, flip keeps and flip it back to pass emp about etc etc - plenty enough to make new players and old think what's the point.

Not the absolutle answer. But its an answer. And ill recap - a lock for 24-48 hours (min) has no real downside.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

..in your opinion.

They can spy, muck about with scrolls, boost, flip keeps and flip it back to pass emp about etc etc - plenty enough to make new players and old think what's the point.

Not the absolutle answer. But its an answer. And ill recap - a lock for 24-48 hours (min) has no real downside.

People in your own faction can spy and muck about with scrolls, boosting is hardly a thing these days, there's not enough of them to flip keeps back and forward and if there is enough to do this to pass Emp around it's clearly a dead campaign where Emp and the score has no meaning.

The amount of influence these players have is so diminished from what they are accused of.

That said, maybe a 1 hour lock would be okay.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    - fix CP being boring and broken so we can delete unbalanced nCP.
    - remove all campaigns except for the lowbie one.
    - add 1 additional new campaign with free-for-all rules
    - all keeps to have doors removed.
    - increase dmg on siege and ultimates so that players die faster to help combat lag
    - add ways to teleport across the map to interesting locations
    - add unique cyro items so PVE players have reason to enter lol

-Give Bones the Wabbajack so he can keep everyone permapolymorphed and the only way out of it is alt f4.

Cuz I roll like that. :smiley:
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And ill recap - a lock for 24-48 hours (min) has no real downside.

Except it stops you from being able to play with friends when you want.
    It stops you being able to play with guilds when you want.
    It stops you the freedom of playing the play style you want if your characters are on different factions.
    It stops you from countering scroll trolls.
    It stops you from switching to other factions when your current faction starts dominating or doing things you don't approve of (gate camping, etc.).
    It makes setting up group v group fights more difficult.

Whilst you may not consider these downsides, to other players they are.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're lonely, if you're sad. Even if you are a bad.
    If you zerg or if you solo. Even if you are a yolo.
    Just take a look, we're right around the bend.
    You can be. . . a FAIR WEATHER FRIEND ™
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're lonely, if you're sad. Even if you are a bad.
    If you zerg or if you solo. Even if you are a yolo.
    Just take a look, we're right around the bend.
    You can be. . . a FAIR WEATHER FRIEND ™

We're not recruiting atm.