Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The story of a confused Bosmer

• KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Wow.
    It appears they moved this from the general forum to this forum, without at least putting a “moved to” signifier in general. /sigh

Is this how things are done in this forum? I checked the RP sub-forum before creating this thread and it was mostly people asking for RP guilds. I've seen several threads on the general sub-forum that were written in a similar manner.

The way this thread was moderated baffles me. Why did the person who moved the thread not contact me to explain what was wrong with it - in private or in the thread?

I suspect I won't last long around here. I do my best to respect people, but I demand to be respected too.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    See here's the thing. Most people already used those items AND had the racial stealth, so no you suggesting this is #1, not helping anyone out with something new they didn't know about and #2, not replacing what was lost.

TBH, I'm learning from that discussion and don't really mind if the thread goes that way. I do agree with you, though. As I said, I was looking forward to getting all the pieces from those sets to find out how undetectable my char would become.

• HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has gotten the mountain of complaints, but they chose to follow their own ideas.

Sorry to tell you, but either live with the changes (thievery is still quite easy on any race, even more so with the right sets), change your thief to Khajiit (if the stealth passive is THAT important to you), or quit the game (because you fundamentally disagree with game developer decisions). Only you can make that decision.
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    Arato wrote: »
    See here's the thing. Most people already used those items AND had the racial stealth, so no you suggesting this is #1, not helping anyone out with something new they didn't know about and #2, not replacing what was lost.

TBH, I'm learning from that discussion and don't really mind if the thread goes that way. I do agree with you, though. As I said, I was looking forward to getting all the pieces from those sets to find out how undetectable my char would become.

oh it was great, with both sets and the racial bonus you could walk right in front of npc's in delves undetected. Though I usually used 1 stealth enhancing set and night's silence (my bosmer nightblade is a werewolf for lore reasons so.. no vampirism option), which is still better than what we have now which is to wear both stealh sets (with the race bonus and 1 stealth set you have -5m, with just both stealth sets you have -4m, with the race bonus and both stealth sets -7m) .. the -5m you couldn't walk IN FRONT of guards that close but you could slip behind them easy or if there was a hallway with guards on either side you could split down the middle as long as you didn't hesitate.

Yeah you can use invisibility/shadow cloak but you know, you can only cast it about 3x before you're out of magicka.
  • Swergdach
    Swergdach
    ✭✭✭
    HankTwo wrote: »
    ZOS has gotten the mountain of complaints, but they chose to follow their own ideas.
    Sorry to tell you, but ZOS chose to ruin their own ideas. You would know this if you cared at all about quests, game lore, etc. Hell, even if the orcs will get a big magicka pool and spell damage instead of current bonuses, you will not care. Cuz, you know, "pro" players only cares about min\max numbers and "tools" like race passives, that provide these numbers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to tell you, but either live with the changes (thievery is still quite easy on any race, even more so with the right sets), change your thief to Khajiit (if the stealth passive is THAT important to you), or quit the game (because you fundamentally disagree with game developer decisions). Only you can make that decision.

I have as much right to complain about a change I don't like as you have to berate me for making this thread.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KMarble , I sincerely hope you do last because I really appreciated the time and creativity you put into your feedback. You formulated your feedback to show how the change affected your character, your playstyle in a way that (I hope) will reflect to the devs that character identities are as important as cold numbers.
  • Notarikon777
    Notarikon777
    ✭✭
    These things happened because.. They said "race diversity"...
    What I say..
    " Hmm.. khajits have tails... argonians have tails.... let's just cut off either of them from the tails.. That's racial diversity !!!
    Edited by Notarikon777 on February 28, 2019 6:36PM
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @anadandy . I've only started posting recently, but have already had posts messed with by mods twice, with no communication from the mod(s) who did so.

I don't like being treated like a child who is told to shut up because the grown ups are talking. I didn't accept that even when I was a child.

I'll keep on posting my opinions and thoughts for as long as I can, trying to be civil as I do so, but my first experience with modding here tells me it won't be long before I'm banned.

In case I become stealthy here in the forum, know that I'll be cheering all of you from the other side of the login window. ;P

Also, if you're ever in Elden Roots PC/NA, feel free to come visit my pod (same username as in here). I have to warn you, though, I don't follow the Green Pact, so don't be offended by the fruit on the table. They were put there....errrrrrrr...by my room mates.
    Edited by KMarble on February 28, 2019 6:47PM
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swergdach wrote: »
    Sorry to tell you, but ZOS chose to ruin their own ideas. You would know this if you cared at all about quests, game lore, etc. Hell, even if the orcs will get a big magicka pool and spell damage instead of current bonuses, you will not care. Cuz, you know, "pro" players only cares about min\max numbers and "tools" like race passives, that provide these numbers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bosmer were always portrait as the ranger/hunter/tracker archetype with high agility, speed and acrobatics, so the current passives aren't lore breaking by any means. Furthermore, you can complete any stealth quest in this game no matter the race - even in heavy armor. In the end, basically all races in this game are lacking some of the racials from earlier elder scrolls games.

I get that you enjoyed the stealth passive, but from what I can tell, ZOS wanted to give each race unique flavor passives (same case with the argonian/bosmer disease and poison resistance). Maybe it would have been better to ask the devs for another stealth passive (sneak speed or cost resist), but I guess its too late now anyway.
    KMarble wrote: »

I have as much right to complain about a change I don't like as you have to berate me for making this thread.

Problem is, there are already multiple threads about this topic, so creating more and more is unnecessary.
    Edited by HankTwo on February 28, 2019 8:28PM
    PC EU
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer were always portrait as the ranger/hunter/tracker archetype with high agility and acrobatics, so the current passives aren't lore breaking by any means.
    I'd like to point out that nowhere, in any of my posts I brought up lore. That was never my argument and I'm not sure why you're bringing this up to me.
    Furthermore, you can complete any stealth quest in this game no matter the race - even in heavy armor. In the end, basically all races in this game are lacking some of the racials from earlier elder scrolls games.
    Yes, I know. Again, I play a BOSMER SORCERER. I can do magical damage, but not as much as other, more appropriate for the role, races.
    My char was, until Monday, one of the appropriate races to play as a thief. Now it isn't anymore. Similar to players who chose Altmer due to their magicka prowess and got a passive reworked to give their sorcerer char stamina back.
    Has anyone tried telling those people who are upset about Altmer changes that there is gear, weapons, enchants and potions that will help them with magicka sustain?
    I doubt anyone did because, frankly, it would be offensive and dismissive.
    I get that you enjoyed the stealth passive, but from what I can tell, ZOS wanted to give each race unique flavor passives (same case with the argonian/bosmer disease and poison resistance). Maybe it would have been better to ask the devs for another stealth passive (sneak speed or cost resist), but I guess its too late now anyway.

Stealing isn't about speed. To be a good thief in this game you have to have patience. IMO Bosmers don't need even more stamina.

Problem is, there are already multiple threads about this topic, so creating more and more is unnecessary.

Redundancy is a chronic problem with this forum, but it's up to the mods to merge threads when they deem fit. I presented my personal POV, which, as far as I can tell, wasn't mentioned before in any of the threads I had access to.

• Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say the redundancy is necessary. It becomes harder to ignore and pretend dissent doesn't exist when you have hundreds or thousands of dissidents screaming at you vs having only 1 that is easily removed from the scene the moment they get disruptive.
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KMarble

Sorry, if I've caused confusion. The first part of my post (about the lore and how you still can do thievery without an issue) was made as a reply to Swergdach's post.
    PC EU
  • uFuqinwitme
    uFuqinwitme
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I'm sorry mate, but I'm going to continue pestering you until you give us an answer on this. The post remains in Fiction & Roleplaying, indicating that your people still are not taking your customer concerns seriously.
    Al Mualim: Before you go, I have a question for you.
    Altaïr: Of course.
    Al Mualim: What is the truth?
    Altaïr: We place faith in ourselves. We see the world the way it really is, and hope that one day all mankind might see the same.
    Al Mualim: What is the world then?
    Altaïr: An illusion. One which we can either submit to, as most do, or transcend.
    Al Mualim: What is it to transcend?
    Altaïr: To recognize nothing is true and everything is permitted. That laws arise not from divinity, but reason. I understand now that our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise.
  • uFuqinwitme
    uFuqinwitme
    ✭✭✭

This will only be a problem when they give a legitimate answer. So far, they have not.
    Edited by uFuqinwitme on March 1, 2019 5:45AM
    Altaïr: We place faith in ourselves. We see the world the way it really is, and hope that one day all mankind might see the same.
    Altaïr: An illusion. One which we can either submit to, as most do, or transcend.
    Altaïr: To recognize nothing is true and everything is permitted. That laws arise not from divinity, but reason. I understand now that our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise.
  • uFuqinwitme
    uFuqinwitme
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Another day passes, and still no dice? Do you not realize how truly ****** up it is that this remains in the "fiction" category!?

The release of Wrathstone has broken a lot of things, and you seem to be tied up in all of it attempting to slap band-aids over the cracked walls like you always do, but your people seem to not realize that this paperweight passive was delberate.

It makes no sense...a lot of the other changes are fair to races, relatively well thought out, and give a lot of constants and are universally applicable as was the aim, but this detection passive is a downright act of desperation and last minute pranking, one that MUST be addressed.

I'm not trying to cause suffering to you and your people, I am putting my faith in you that you, unlike seemingly many of your kin, actually give a damn about how your game will end up if you continue on this path of attempting to just ignore those who are rightfully frustrated at events as they unfold and pretend they don't exist. You know who else does this? Rockstar Games. And believe me when I say this, you do not want to be considered directly proportional to Rockstar Games

Take your weekend off, but know that as long as this remains a silent blindfolded hostage thrown in the corner, that I will not rest, and I will persist and make more noise than I already am until we get a real answer.