Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

OUR ESO HOUSES ARE BEING VANDALIZED....Can someone PLEASE help us?

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Was this an issue on PC as well? (going to dig again into the patch notes >_< )

Edit: didn't find anything on the patch notes. a pure console issue or has it been forgotten in the notes?

It's not in the patch notes because the fix hasn't gone out yet :) It will be included in Monday's PC incremental patch - on March 4.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's really sad that someone would decide to wreck someones's house like this. A lot of people spend time, gold and effort into decorating houses, and it's not so that people, with a lack of respect, can go mess things up for them for a laugh and a joke.

I've heard this happening too many times, along with things such as lights being turned off, (which in a small house, is no big deal for some people, but in a larger home, where you have lots of light, some of them hard to reach, can be at least annoying).
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    as mentioned before, just install essential housing tool addon if you are on pc and you will be safe. it will make backups and you can switch all lights back to old settings with one button.

however for consoles something really is missing and zos should als implement this feature
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    as mentioned before, just install essential housing tool addon if you are on pc and you will be safe. it will make backups and you can switch all lights back to old settings with one button.

however for consoles something really is missing and zos should als implement this feature

I understand what you are saying, and I understand it is a good idea, and I do not mean this as an attack when I say we shouldn't have to install add-ons to help with basic housing functions, that should be part of the base game, for us on PC and for others on console (like I am, often as I play on PC and Xbox) and we should not have to worry about people coming into our homes, without our permission and ruining what took at least a lot of time, to do.
    Edited by AWinterWolf on March 1, 2019 11:57PM
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MollyReed94 I completely agree - and I am sure that ZeniMax does as well as they have a scheduled fix for the issue; but, there really is no reason not to use Essential Housing Tools to make backups. The add-on backs up your homes automatically and maintains at least the 5 most recent versions of each home -- without doing anything but installing it.

ZeniMax will be fixing this issue, but others may still exist as they iron them out. Anyone who has the option to protect their time investment in Housing should. If they don't, and then something bad happens - whether that be a bug like this or even just a clumsy mistake on our part - then we can blame the source, but we'll still be left with a broken house.

I would urge everyone on PC to take the 1-2 minutes needed to install Essential Housing Tools so that you at least have the option to restore your home in the event of something as catastrophic as the OP's scenario. It's one of the primary reasons that I wrote the tool -- to make sure that this type of situation can be totally avoided or fixed for as wide an audience as I can reach. <3
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    @MollyReed94 I completely agree - and I am sure that ZeniMax does as well as they have a scheduled fix for the issue; but, there really is no reason not to use Essential Housing Tools to make backups. The add-on backs up your homes automatically and maintains at least the 5 most recent versions of each home -- without doing anything but installing it.

ZeniMax will be fixing this issue, but others may still exist as they iron them out. Anyone who has the option to protect their time investment in Housing should. If they don't, and then something bad happens - whether that be a bug like this or even just a clumsy mistake on our part - then we can blame the source, but we'll still be left with a broken house.

I would urge everyone on PC to take the 1-2 minutes needed to install Essential Housing Tools so that you at least have the option to restore your home in the event of something as catastrophic as the OP's scenario. It's one of the primary reasons that I wrote the tool -- to make sure that this type of situation can be totally avoided or fixed for as wide an audience as I can reach. <3

I have installed this add-on, but I look forward to the fix for this bug.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the reply ZOS. I agree with those above that if it's a problem on console and there is some add-on fix for PC, it's still a problem and deserves an in-game patch.

Yes, it's sad people do things like vandalism, but there are a lot of bad players who do all sorts of things. Next on the list should be nodes that are "take all" only and the same for chests and Psijic portals. There is so much competition from other players and bots that a cherry-picked node is all too common, at least on PS4 NA.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• himbeerschaf
    himbeerschaf
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Thinking about how much time I spent terraforming my houses and rebuilding/redecorating stuff... If someone would vandalize my houses like this due to an exploit or bug, I'm pretty sure I'd rage quit the game for good.

Wtf.

I'm really sorry this happened to your guild mate or anyone else for that matter.
  • Thunder_Downunder
    Thunder_Downunder
    ✭✭✭
    Has this been fixed? I've started a new guild and want to use my house as the guild house, but I cant see any guilds or individuals listed in the permissions list.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has this been fixed? I've started a new guild and want to use my house as the guild house, but I cant see any guilds or individuals listed in the permissions list.

They have a fix scheduled for Monday
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • I_B_Squishy
    I_B_Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me just before Halloween-I had decorated my Hunters Glade for a Halloween Party and pow! same thing, everything under the world or so high in the sky that the whole of Hunter's Glade looked empty.

I don't think someone is taking the time to move everything, I think there's an add on or something that just pushes everything out of sight with a click of a button.

I'm on PC EU btw.

Just wondering what kind of person would do this
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it was an add-on, then it would not affect console owners. Is this true? Has every vandalism case so far been on PC?

I can verify that my set housing permissions inexplicably changed just by visiting my houses and I’m on PS4. It forced me to change them back to what they were before. The patch notes said there was a fix for changing permissions in multiple houses rapidly or something like that. Based on that description, I’m not entirely convinced that the root problem was addressed.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA