The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A Fool's Errand

• Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funniest part about this is that Khajiit was changed nerfed because of parsing 500 dps at maximum above of other "magika" races.
    Those 500 made them "seriously OP" and deserved a nerf for "very good reasons", but when they fall 1k behind it'a all cool and balanced,
    Khajiit were not over performing to the point a simple tweak in numbers wouldn't have achieved parity or balance. 7% crit and 4.3.0 max resources values would have been enough.
    It also seems that Altmer/Dunmer parsing higher is "natural" - that's not what balance is about.

And about the lore thing:
    What if we discover in Elsweyr that Khajiits are actually the strongest magika race lore wise?
    The thing is in TES, Khajiits were left in a mysterious spot, and not much is known about them. And just because Altmer auto proclamate themselves as "kings of magika" doesn't necessarily mean it is true, lore in TES is fractal, depending on different perspectives.
    Plus in a lot of cultures across history, cats were seen as mythical creatures, with a very strong link to the magic world.
    I don't see an issue with strong magical cars, rather than mediocre ones.
    Edited by Arciris on February 26, 2019 2:39AM
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    The funniest part about this is that Khajiit was changed nerfed because of parsing 500 dps at maximum above of other "magika" races.
    Those 500 made them "seriously OP" and deserved a nerf for "very good reasons", but when they fall 1k behind it'a all cool and balanced,
    Khajiit were not over performing to the point a simple tweak in numbers wouldn't have achieved parity or balance. 7% crit and 4.3.0 max resources values would have been enough.
    It also seems that Altmer/Dunmer parsing higher is "natural" - that's not what balance is about.

What if we discover in Elsweyr that Khajiits are actually the strongest magika race lore wise?
    The thing is in TES, Khajiits were left in a mysterious spot, and not much is known about them. And just because Altmer auto proclamate themselves as "kings of magika" doesn't necessarily mean it is true, lore in TES is fractal, depending on different perspectives.
    Plus in a lot of cultures across history, cats were seen as mythical creatures, with a very strong link to the magic world.

Wanna know something that is funny aswell? Altmer was ahead by less than that or even behind Breton during 4.3.0 and outparsed by khajiits, yet they got nerfed first while in the same patch khajiit got a (small) sustain buff. So if you are after always logical balance decisions you wont find them here, alltho that is something you could´ve noticed with recent patches always having veeeeeeeeeery questionable pvp stuff that got instantly nerfed and nightblades being top dps since years.
    And regarding your lore thing: I dont know about you but for me a balance decision based on a hypothetical Scenario that might or might not happen in the next months or years seems very questionable.
    Additionaly the Altmer description of being the kings of magika as you call them is not based on their own view, they describe themselves as the most advanced race, whether or not that is true does not matter here, nor do I want to be the judge of that. Rather them being the "most strongly gifted in the arcane arts of all the races" is part of their ingame description in atleast Oblivion and Skyrim, so it is the people making the lore saying that Altmer are the king of magika.
    Edited by Sanguinor2 on February 26, 2019 3:26AM
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already know that PTS changes are more or less done else I wouldn't have titled this a Fool's Errand but I need to get this out my system. When 4.3.0 first dropped, it actually looked like a really nice patch. I had some nitpicks here in there but for the most part, everything looked fairly balanced and I was actually hopeful that this was a promising start for the new year. Some races were being opened up in ways that would give their off-spec choices slight buffs, such as Magic Redguard benefiting from the Weapon Cost Reduction to Destro and Resto abilities, and in the cases of Dunmer and Khajiit, having their off-specs completely opened up to play them competitively, which I was completely on board with. That all changed when 4.3.2 came out and altered several races that totally threw everything out of whack. Races that didn't need adjustments either got overtuned (Orc for example) or got some illogical change (like Spell Recharge for Altmer) because they didn't align with some misguided "vision" that ZOS had in mind. With each subsequent patch, those decisions just got worse and worse to a point that I just really can't say that I'm happy about the majority of it, especially when it all started off so promising. I have posted my concerns on a lot of the changes before and while I know I'm wasting my breath at this point, I would still like to list my suggestions as a Hail Mary pass in a last ditch effort to get some real balance this patch.

Altmer
    Spell Recharge: Restore 600 Magic or Stamina, based on which is higher, upon activating a Class ability. This effect can occur once every 6 second. Increase Healing Done by 2%
    Syrabane's Boon: Increase Max Magic by 2000
    Elemental Talent: Increase Max Spell Damage by 179
    I restored and buffed the original Spell Recharge effect as well as changed the Cast time buff into a 2% buff to healing done to make up for the reduction in Spell Damage. I felt the reason ZOS gave as to why they altered Spell Recharge was narrow minded as by removing the Magic Restore, they were handicapping Altmer Healers and not taking them into consideration at all. The 2% Healing Done was added to emphasize this point as well as being a more universally useful utility than the current 5% damage reduction with cast times. Their Spell Damage buff was toned down to offset the buff to sustain so that they weren't totally OP in terms of overall Magic usage.

Argonian
    Resourceful: Increase Max Magic by 1000. Restore 12% of your Max Health, Magic and Stamina upon drinking a potion.
    Argonian Resistance: Increase Max Health by 1000 and your Poison/Disease Resistance by 1155. Immune to Poison and Disease status effects
    Life Mender: Increase Healing Received by 4%. Grants 10% Critical Damage and Healing
    Since people won't stop exaggerating about how OP the potion passive, I just decided to revert the Morrowind change back to its old 12% Tri-Stat restore effect. I also gave back the poison resist/immunity that Argonian lost as it was lore friendly and made absolutely no sense to remove in the 1st place and it is weaker than the current Live amount so it's techinically still a nerf to Argonian. Finally, I reverted the Healing Done change for Healing Received but only at 4% since they received the 10% Critical Damage/Healing to make them still useful for healing roles while not being a total nerf to Argonian Tanks and actually opening up Argonian DPS a little without making them too powerful either.

Breton
    Gift of Magnus: Increase Max Magic by 1750
    Spell Annulment: Increase Spell Resistance by 2310 as well as an addition 2310 if afflicted by Burned, Chilled or Concussion status effects. Increase Magic and Stamina Regen by 110
    Reduce the cost of Magic Abilities by 6%.
    Yes, it's a nerf to Breton but Altmer lost almost 80 Spell Damage for their Sustain passive, it was only right for Breton to be toned down as well so that the balance wasn't too far off. Also, in terms of Lore, it was a bit nonsensical for Altmer and Breton to have the same amount of Max Magic. Still, they should have the best magic sustain of all races that they will still be comparable to Altmer in terms of Damage and Healing.

Dunmer
    Dynamic: Increase Max Magic and Stamina by 1500
    Resist Flame: Increase Max Health by 500 and Fire Resistance by 2310. Immunity to the Burned Status Effect
    Ruination: Increase Spell and Weapon damage by 258
    I wanted Altmer and Dunmer to be different in more ways. Dunmer has more Spell Damage but Altmer has more magic, Dunmer has Max Health while Altmer heals for more, Altmer has sustain vs Dunmer's dual stats. This was just a means of alternating the 2 Elves and having them offer different things while being on equal footing and while a Dunmer will still be a better Stamina DPS than a Stamina Altmer, a Magic Altmer will be a better Healer than a Magic Dunmer so it kind of evens out.

Khajiit
    Robustness: Increase Health, Magic and Stamina Regen by 100
    Lunar Blessing: Increase Max Health, Magic and Stamina by 750
    Feline Ambush: Increase Weapon and Spell Critical Chance by 7%. Reduce your Detection Radius in Stealth by 3m
    I restored Khajiit's Max Resource pools back to 750, while increasing their regen and returning their Crit chance, at a slightly lower potency to try and balance out their damage potential as much as possible with the current Shadow Mundus buff. By restoring their Max resource back down to 750 and reducing their Crit by 1%, I had hoped to keep them in check but I wanted them to be at least someone more sustainable as well so I increased their regen to 100 so that they could still be powerful on both Magic and Stamina roles.

Orc
    Brawny: Increase Max Health by 1250 and Max Stamina by 1250
    Unflinching: When you deal damage with a Weapon ability, restore 500 Health and 250 Stamina/Magic, whichever is higher. This ability has a 4 second CD. Reduces the cost of your Sprint ability by 12% and increases your Movement Speed while Sprinting by 10%.
    Flawless Warrior: Increase Weapon Damage by 258
    I altered Orc Stats a bit so that it was still a powerhouse but not to the extent it currently is. I lowered their Max Stamina by 750 and gave them a slight buff to health as well as added a small bit of stamina sustain to try and make it so Orc will still being a beast, just not so much of one that it just powers thru all other options.

Bosmer
    Y'ffre's Blessing: Increase Stamina or Magic regen by 258, whichever is higher.
    Resist Affliction: Increase Max Stamiana by 1750 and Posion/Disease Resistance by 1155. Immunity to Poison and Disease Status effects.
    Hunter's Eye. Increase Weapon and Spell Penetration by 1500. Reduce the cost of Dodge rolling by 3% and after you Dodge Roll, increase movement speed by 10% for 6 seconds. Increase movement speed in Stealth by 25%.
    I wanted to give Bosmer some more opened ended buffs to its racials so that it wasn't horribly gimped on the magic side while still maintaining a strong Stamina presence as well. I lowered their Max Stamina to make room for the permanent Weapon/Spell Pen value, while also allowing them to keep their old Poison/Disease resistance and immunity as well. The Dodge cost reduction is also a nice universal utility, offering more usage for both sides of the spectrum. I had to give them something for their Thieving Heritage as well and while it might not be as great as the reduced radius on Khajiit, I'm trying to give them something to help them maintain that bit of their lore while not being completely the same.

Redguard
    Martial Training: Reduce the Cost of Weapon abilities by 8%
    Conditioning: Increase Max Stamina by 2000
    Adrenaline Rush: When you deal Direct Damage, you restore 950 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
    No changes because this is the 1 race I'm totally happy with.

Imperial
    Tough: Increase Max Health by 1500
    Imperial Mettle: Increase Max Stamina and Magic by 1500
    Red Diamond: When you deal direct damage, restore 300 Health, Stamina and Magic. This effect has a 5 second CD. Reduce the cost of Class ability by 3%
    I will be blunt here. I want Imperial to be a perfect Jack of All Trades. It'll have some good damage on both ends of the spectrum, offer good Tank or Healing capabilities but it shouldn't be as powerful as it currently is. I know that, at first glance, Imperial just seems like a decently balanced race currently but after a bit of experimenting, Imperial is currently offering a bit too much in terms of utility, sustain and damage, which is why I turned down their sustain tools and evenly divided their max resources so that they can still be a good race, just not TOO good. I also changed their universal cost reduction to only affect class skills so as to limit its current potential even more while still being a useful sustain tool.

Nord
    Stalwart: Increase Max Stamina by 1500. When you take damage, Restore 750 Health and 600 Stamina+Magic. This effect has a 7 second CD.
    Resist Frost: Increase Max Health by 1000 and Frost Resistance by 2310. Immunity to the Chilled Status Effect
    Rugged: Increase Physical and Spell Resistance by 3960. Increase Weapon Damage by 129.
    I hate that Nord is shoehorned into Tanks but I am at a complete loss in how to improve their performance in a way that make it more universally appealing with that Ultimate Regen buff. It's a great buff for Nord but at the same time, its something that is just unbalanced, even with it's pitiful 0.5 calculated amount because it makes the race only viable as a Tank without really opening up other avenues for Nord to do much else but be a Tank.. While my changes aren't the best, I just wanted Nord to be something other than a meat shield.

I know some of you will disagree with my suggested changes. Some of you will say that these are unbalanced in some way, and who knows, you might be right but I wanted to at least say my final words. I wanted Racials to be somewhat more open ended. I wanted Races like Bosmer or Breton to be able to play Magic or Stamina roles more effectively, even if it wasn't a huge change or something that made them meta. I wanted Races that were shoehorned into singular functions, like Nords, to be more meaningful outside of their niche. I WANTED BALANCE!!!!! I tried to be as fair as possible with these suggested even if I know it's far too late now.

I'm a fool for expecting it but I will hold on to this foolish hope that maybe one day, we'll actually get balance.

There is a conspiracy theory going around that many of the ZOs and noob streamers made DC alliance. DC races buffed so much even overshadow argonian. EP is farming DC again and again and no one stream properly and earn money. Partially because of OP race argonian. DC races are way off over the roof. AD is full of faction switchers , play only for AP low pop bonus. Number of NPCs playing for AD is higher than total number of players. No one can insult this faction more.
    Why khajit numbers so inferior ? It's not good for anything. Some khajit mauled you or what ?
    But why argonian Healing taken ? Give it to Nord and Imperial.

Healing done > Healing received any day.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on February 26, 2019 10:32AM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the question how do people want races balanced aside of making race only cosmetic? Balance around dps balance around healing or balance around tanking? At the end of the day you need all 3 roles for endgame content. Tank especially cuz problem with this game is very few people want to tank in this game. I myself main a Nord dk tank have since I started. I myself would like to also dps but with trying to find groups or use activity finder on a dps I wait several hours for a que to pop. On a tank and somewhat on a healer the time to queue in activity finder is substantially less because face it almost no one wants to play support roles
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We do have to consider that the Shadow Mundus was buffed later on in the patch when comparing 4.3.0 Khajiit to Altmer/Breton. With it being back at 13%, a nerf was going to happen to Khajiit sooner or later but the way ZOS did it was an overreaction. Toning down the Crit Chance down to 5% would have been nerf enough to keep Khajiit in line with the other Magic Races and their Stamina DPS would still be equally as powerful and if that was too large or too small, slight adjustments to the Crit Chance and/or Max Resources could have resolved it.
    Argonian forever
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

Wanna know something that is funny aswell? Altmer was ahead by less than that or even behind Breton during 4.3.0 and outparsed by khajiits, yet they got nerfed first while in the same patch khajiit got a (small) sustain buff. So if you are after always logical balance decisions you wont find them here, alltho that is something you could´ve noticed with recent patches always having veeeeeeeeeery questionable pvp stuff that got instantly nerfed and nightblades being top dps since years.
    And regarding your lore thing: I dont know about you but for me a balance decision based on a hypothetical Scenario that might or might not happen in the next months or years seems very questionable.
    Additionaly the Altmer description of being the kings of magika as you call them is not based on their own view, they describe themselves as the most advanced race, whether or not that is true does not matter here, nor do I want to be the judge of that. Rather them being the "most strongly gifted in the arcane arts of all the races" is part of their ingame description in atleast Oblivion and Skyrim, so it is the people making the lore saying that Altmer are the king of magika.

You missed the point. Balance means equality.

Balance doesn't mean: "due to Lore, Elfs should be better than anyone else at magic and therefore parse higher and heal better" (counting Bretons as Elfs because they are humans with Elf blood).

I am not saying that Khajiit should be better, just that their passives could have been tweaked so that precisely no one is better.
    @Silver_Strider numbers could have been reviewed or maybe a Mundus stone balance shouldn't be more important than a Racial balance and they could have left the Shadow stone alone, at least until the dust settles off and they had data on how the racial balance was.

For any and every combat role , Khajiit is inferior to Dunmer.
    And the ironic part, is that applies to both Magika and Stamina.
    And don't give me the sustain argument.
    Everyone knows that Dunmer can be Vampire without any downside whatsoever in PvE and get a free 10% Mag and Stam recovery. Those 10% is the same regen Khajiit get at base value, but it's more the more you spec into recovery.
    On top of that Dunmer have more utility due to much larger resource pools.

That is NOT balance.
    Maybe TES lore is racist and the place of beast folks is as inferior slaves and near the trash can, but the gameplay and mechanics shouldn't reflect that.

Equality is all the beast folks are asking for.

Now about Argonian, I would trade Red Diamond for Resourceful in a heart beat.

Resourceful is now the worst sustain tool because it is:
    - tied to a consumable
    - on a 45 seconds cooldown (there's a work around, but it costs so much it's barely worth it, except in very very niche scenarios)
    - reactive and PvPers cry hard about anything reactive (muh they stole ma kill)
    - other races have far better sustain on their main pool (which is more important)

Argonians are worst dps in any spec, are mediocre healers (yes, they are - Bretons and Imperials have better magika sustain than Argonians and Imperial gets more utility to the group via cheaper ultimates, and for 4 man content, the extra damage from Altmers will be prefered) and mediocre tanks (Nord master tank, followed by Imperial with both better sustain than Argonian and utility and even Redguard is a better choice)

Again, that is NOT balance.

On a side note: Racial passives should have never touch ultimates in anyway.
    Edited by Arciris on February 26, 2019 10:01AM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Balance doesn't mean: "due to Lore, Elfs should be better than anyone else at magic and therefore parse higher and heal better" (counting Bretons as Elfs because they are humans with Elf blood).

I am not saying that Khajiit should be better, just that their passives could have been tweaked so that precisely no one is better.
    @Silver_Strider numbers could have been reviewed or maybe a Mundus stone balance shouldn't be more important than a Racial balance and they could have left the Shadow stone alone, at least until the dust settles off and they had data on how the racial balance was.

Everyone knows that Dunmer can be Vampire without any downside whatsoever in PvE and get a free 10% Mag and Stam recovery. Those 10% is the same regen Khajiit get at base value, but it's more the more you spec into recovery.

That is NOT balance.
    Maybe TES lore is racist and the place of beast folks is as inferior slaves and near the trash can, but the gameplay and mechanics shouldn't reflect that.

- tied to a consumable
    - on a 45 seconds cooldown (there's a work around, but it costs so much it's barely worth it, except in very very niche scenarios)
    - other races have far better sustain on their main pool (which is more important)

Argonians are worst dps in any spec, are mediocre healers (yes, they are - Bretons and Imperials have better magika sustain than Argonians and Imperial gets more utility to the group via cheaper ultimates, and for 4 man content, the extra damage from Altmers will be prefered) and mediocre tanks (Nord master tank, followed by Imperial with both better sustain than Argonian and utility and even Redguard is a better choice)

Racial passives can’t touch ultimates so basically max stats weapon and spell dmg crit dmg and healing along with penetration gotta go cuz they all touch ultimates. The logic about touching ultimates applies to everything except recoveries. So basically let’s gut every racial remove it and leave race as cosmetic.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is NOT balance.

- tied to a consumable

Dont get me wrong, I totally agree that this patch isnt the best we could have achieved for racial balance, I would have much prefered to get 4.3.0 instead of what we got now, I also would have prefered for Bosmers to get their Stealth reduction back since it doesnt negatively impact pve or pvp and would have made many people happy, so I dont understand why that wasnt done. I also agree that Argonian is pretty nerfed now, but them being BiS for heal, tank and many pvp classes wasnt all that great balance either as you will surely admit.
    I also agree that tweaking couldve been done to khajiit instead of instantly replacing a passive, but the same could have been done to spell recharge from Altmer aswell, which no one but Altmer players seem to even consider, when mentioning tweaking to their favourite race. Instead most are trying to argue that Altmer should´ve been nerfed because of a non existent Status as BiS on last patch, aswell as a nonexistent massive lead on Pts 4.3.0.
    I also agree that healer racial diversity has suffered, last patch Argonian might have been BiS but it wasnt so by a large margin, Breton and Altmer both were very viable alternatives, while in this patch everything gets overshadowed by Bretons who also conveniently make one of the strongest, if not the strongest dps.
    Tanking racial changes I dont see quite so dire as the healing and dps ones because unless you are pushing for the highest score where every 1 Point of ultimate for more warhorns matter, every race can tank since pure stats matter the least on tanking compared to healing or dps and through glyphs, Attributes and sets you can cover any stat disadvantages one race has over the other, I say this since I was tanking on a dark elf in stuff like vet Asylum+2 or vet Cloudrest without problems. I also feel like Argonian would still make a good race to being to learn tanking since you can have a big resource restore on demand if you mismanaged your resources, but I agree that Nord took the BiS for tanking if you want to bring the most Group Utility you can offer and are used to managing your resources.
    So yes, racial balance could´ve been done better, yes passives could´ve been tweaked but unfortunaly we are talking About Zos so unless something drastically changes we are not gonna get small tweaks, but as soon as something is considered to be overperforming regardless of player data its gonna get wrecked unless its a nightblade dps.

• Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »

That is NOT balance.

- tied to a consumable

Racial passives can’t touch ultimates so basically max stats weapon and spell dmg crit dmg and healing along with penetration gotta go cuz they all touch ultimates. The logic about touching ultimates applies to everything except recoveries. So basically let’s gut every racial remove it and leave race as cosmetic.

Let's rephrase it for people that need full sentences to understand a concept.

Racial passives shouldn't have affected directly or indirectly Ultimate gain, in my modest opinion, simply because Ultimates are supposed to be the most powerful abilities in the game and therefore many offer Major buffs or debuffs that can hardly be found elsewhere. It just opens a slippery slope.

There are plenty of other ways Nords could have had the buffs that they needed (and still do) without giving them Ultimate gain, which ultimately (pun) shoehorns them in support roles in PvE and is a discreet and modest mechanic in PvP since it requires Nords to take damage to make the best use of their passive.
    Same applies with ultimate cost reduction, although in this case it can be used in more ways as there are no conditions, or at least not as restrictive, attached to it, which is unfair to Nords to begin with.

@Sanguinor2

That is what is so frustrating about this patch. It was better when it started than afterwards,
    In 4.3.0 there were some races that still needed some love, but nothing extremely drastic.
    In 4.3.0 there were only 3 blatant issues in my opinion:
    1 - the lorebreaking removal of 3 meters in steath from Bosmers
    2 - Argonian overnerf in all aspects, including lorebreaking loss of resistance to poison.
    3 - Ultimate gen being affected by racials, while Nord still being subpar in everything except tanking.

With the patch that is now Live, those issues are still there, plus everything is farther away from balance.
    If there was any hope to see some tweaks in the following months, it wouldn't be that bad. But Zeni MO is to put a check mark on Racial Balance and consider it done for at least a full year.
    What a wasted opportunity.

And don't get me wrong, I know this patch opened up quite a few things and it is generally a bit better than what we had. But again, it could be a lot better and it is sad to see this opportunity wasted.

BTW, my second main is a Dunmer Stamplar, who is extremely happy he's OP
    My problem is: I wanted to race change him to a Khajiit to play Elsweyr, but I'm obviously not downgrading from Dunmer to Khajiit now.
    In equal footing, I would have race changed to Khajiit, pre-order Elsweyr and be an happy customer.
    As it stands, and also looking at how this all process was conducted (the proverbial lack of communication), I'm a disappointed customer, who will eventually purchase Elsweyr on sale (at least 40%) and will unsub since I won't have much to do for a semester.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Clearly that meant directly or indirectly ultimate gain when anyway, pretty much would apply to everything I said but hey I need full sentences to understand a concept right. Yet that was a full sentence the problem is your meaning wasn’t conveyed via that sentence. So please before you quote me and attempt to insult my intelligence be clear what your trying to convey. I based what I said off of how I interpreted your statement. My points still stand off my interpretation.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with you, what has gone live is simply wasted potential if one considered 4.3.0, dunmer might have used a Little bit off love which they got in a later pts patch, khajiit should have been tweaked instead of changed, same with Altmer, the Bosmer Thing is completely stupid, since giving them back the passive wouldnt have done anything to pvp or pve but it would have made People happy, I still cannot understand how no one at Zos has realised this. Nord might be shoehorned into tanking for pve, but I see it as a somewhat interesting race in pvp for a medium armor user, stamdk in particular, but yes something could´ve been done there too. Same for Argonian, I understand wanting to nerf Argonian a bit, alltho I will admit to being biased in that particular Topic, but nerfing it out of relevancy in many cases is not something I wanted.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree on a lot of complaints except altmer when taking into account ZoS wants it clear damage races sustain races. Bosmer and argonian are 2 races that pretty much may take their own pts to revamp and make relevant all though bosmer despite the stealth passive has sustain on par to redguard. Argonians especially need their own rework because since you have to balance for pve and pvp the current argonian passives even after these changes will be difficult to balance for both pve and pvp.

My suggestion:
    Argonian
    Increases experience gain in Resto Staff Skill Line by 15%, extra 50% Swimming Speed
    Resourceful: remove the health stam and magicka restore instead reduces potion cooldown by some amount to be tested
    Connection to the hist: increases all stats by unspecified amount to be tested reduced cost to healing skills by x% to be tested
    Shadowscale: While in combat gain x% crit chance to be tested also increase your Disease Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Diseased status effect.

Wood Elf
    Increases experience gain in Bow Skill Line by 15%, decreases fall damage taken by 10%
    Y’ffre’s Endurance: Increases your Stamina Recovery by 258.
    Resist Affliction: Increases your Max Stamina by 2000 and your Poison Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Poisoned status effect.
    Hunter’s Eye: Increases your Stealth detection radius by 3m. After you use Roll Dodge you gain 10% Movement Speed for 6 seconds increase Physical and Spell Penetration of 1500

Argonian I kinda did a complete rework but values would need implemented and tested
    Wood elf I merely made penetration static and not tied to dodge roll
    Edited by BattleAxe on February 26, 2019 3:56PM
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But why do sustain races have half the damage passives of damage races, when damage races arent allowed to get the same? Seems to me that this is not following the Code of pure sustain and damage races.
    Im Pretty sure Bretons could make use of 2k stam in pvp ;)
    Edited by Sanguinor2 on February 26, 2019 4:06PM
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All races got a resource increase passive of some kind. Nord orc and altmer are only 3 races who were not given a resource recovery passive. It comes down to how or wut are you gonna give these 3 races and still allow other races to be as appealing for certain roles. Sure altmer orc had resource recovery in the first pts patch things were pretty balanced then and even after things remained pretty balanced.

It comes down to what the differences between magicka and stamina are blocking dodge rolling and breaking free all cost stamina to compensate stamina skills cost less then magicka counterparts and effectively stamina dps can’t really use damage shields magicka players have a stamina pool and can use all the same abilities(dodge roll block and break free) a stamina player can without costing them their damage resource on top of having damage shields. Also stamina dps tend to be more open to receiving damage due to having to be right in the fray. Orcs do have a strong utility passive to make up for having to be right in the fray. Altmers utility at first glance may seem very underwhelming but it’s implications are actually quite massive and can be used very effectively an example is isn’t there a cp passive that grants magicka when you are running sorc has dark conversion Templar’s make great use of the damage mitigation a dk may actually not as much as Templar but with molten armaments make use of the damage mitigation a warden and the The netch nightblade is about only class that won’t really recieve anything from the altmers utility aside from the running giving magicka cp. Altmers will also make for good runners in MoL just saying. The point is altmers utility may look underwhelming but with some ingenuity it can be quite good
    Edited by BattleAxe on February 26, 2019 4:54PM
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All races got a resource increase passive of some kind. Nord orc and altmer are only 3 races who were not given a resource recovery passive. It comes down to how or wut are you gonna give these 3 races and still allow other races to be as appealing for certain roles. Sure altmer orc had resource recovery in the first pts patch things were pretty balanced then and even after things remained pretty balanced.

It comes down to what the differences between magicka and stamina are blocking dodge rolling and breaking free all cost stamina to compensate stamina skills cost less then magicka counterparts and effectively stamina dps can’t really use damage shields magicka players have a stamina pool and can use all the same abilities a stamina player can without costing them their damage resource on top of having damage shields. Also stamina dps tend to be more open to receiving damage due to having to be right in the fray. Orcs do have a strong utility passive to make up for having to be right in the fray. Altmers utility at first glance may seem very underwhelming but it’s implications are actually quite massive and can be used very effectively an example is isn’t there a cp passive that grants magicka when you are running sorc has dark conversion Templar’s make great use of the damage mitigation a dk may actually not as much as Templar but with molten armaments make use of the damage mitigation a warden and the The netch nightblade is about only class that won’t really recieve anything from the altmers utility aside from the running giving magicka cp. Altmers will also make for good runners in MoL just saying. The point is altmers utility may look underwhelming but with some ingenuity it can be quite good

The cp passive you are refering to only increases magicka regen so having more stam to get an increased regen of a nonexistant base regen isnt all that overwhelming. The 5% dmg passive does absolutely Nothing in almost all cases. Templar spamming sweeps already get minor protection and a massive heal so 5% reduction does absolutely Nothing, not to Mention that a templar spamming sweeps is doing something wrong. A dk only heavy attacking with molten armaments isnt doing things right either, not competitive pve dmg, nor effective pvp Damage and a sorc using dark conversion usually will do so when in not much danger or while being shielded, having a resto ult running etc. so they dont get much out of it either.
    Every mag race already could effectively run in MoL and this Utility passive wont match stam in running and wont match simply using Major Expedition or in case of a sorc streak to cross gaps either. In Addition to all that the 5% passive isnt additive so it isnt 5% damage reduction unless you dont have any other source of Damage reduction. To me a Utility passive, should Always offer Utility instead of only offering something in very limited situations. MoL running could be done before, starfall Blocking could be done before and managing stam in cloudrest wasnt a Problem either so I really dont see much value in this outside of pvp where it gets outshadowed by higher max resources or being able to receive a burst of Stamina since that is what you will Need in all Content instead of waiting 30 seconds to restore you Stamina for a dodgeroll or cc break.
    Lets face it, a Utility passive where you have to first search for singular situations where it might be useful isnt all that useful.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It comes down to what the differences between magicka and stamina are blocking dodge rolling and breaking free all cost stamina to compensate stamina skills cost less then magicka counterparts and effectively stamina dps can’t really use damage shields magicka players have a stamina pool and can use all the same abilities a stamina player can without costing them their damage resource on top of having damage shields. Also stamina dps tend to be more open to receiving damage due to having to be right in the fray. Orcs do have a strong utility passive to make up for having to be right in the fray. Altmers utility at first glance may seem very underwhelming but it’s implications are actually quite massive and can be used very effectively an example is isn’t there a cp passive that grants magicka when you are running sorc has dark conversion Templar’s make great use of the damage mitigation a dk may actually not as much as Templar but with molten armaments make use of the damage mitigation a warden and the The netch nightblade is about only class that won’t really recieve anything from the altmers utility aside from the running giving magicka cp. Altmers will also make for good runners in MoL just saying. The point is altmers utility may look underwhelming but with some ingenuity it can be quite good

The cp passive you are refering to only increases magicka regen so having more stam to get an increased regen of a nonexistant base regen isnt all that overwhelming. The 5% dmg passive does absolutely Nothing in almost all cases. Templar spamming sweeps already get minor protection and a massive heal so 5% reduction does absolutely Nothing, not to Mention that a templar spamming sweeps is doing something wrong. A dk only heavy attacking with molten armaments isnt doing things right either, not competitive pve dmg, nor effective pvp Damage and a sorc using dark conversion usually will do so when in not much danger or while being shielded, having a resto ult running etc. so they dont get much out of it either.
    Every mag race already could effectively run in MoL and this Utility passive wont match stam in running and wont match simply using Major Expedition or in case of a sorc streak to cross gaps either. In Addition to all that the 5% passive isnt additive so it isnt 5% damage reduction unless you dont have any other source of Damage reduction. To me a Utility passive, should Always offer Utility instead of only offering something in very limited situations. MoL running could be done before, starfall Blocking could be done before and managing stam in cloudrest wasnt a Problem either so I really dont see much value in this outside of pvp where it gets outshadowed by higher max resources or being able to receive a burst of Stamina since that is what you will Need in all Content instead of waiting 30 seconds to restore you Stamina for a dodgeroll or cc break.
    Lets face it, a Utility passive where you have to first search for singular situations where it might be useful isnt all that useful.

The point being wasn’t searching for singular situations the point was everyone says it’s utterly useless I merely showed it has uses in pve and pvp maybe not amazing uses but they are still uses. Orcs get that health recovery utility passive what use is that if you have healers? Orcs sprint speed increase and its cost Reduction how is that useful if you are not sprinting?A utility passive is always gonna be situational so let’s face it. I can go thru every races utility passive and pick it apart if need be.

Utility passive: designed or adapted for general use
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The point being wasn’t searching for singular situations the point was everyone says it’s utterly useless I merely showed it has uses in pve and pvp maybe not amazing uses but they are still uses. Orcs get that health recovery utility passive what use is that if you have healers? Orcs sprint speed increase and its cost Reduction how is that useful if you are not sprinting?A utility passive is always gonna be situational so let’s face it. I can go thru every races utility passive and pick it apart if need be.

Utility passive: designed or adapted for general use

But having very situational uses that arent really good ones doesnt make it a good passive.
    PvPwise its a small stam Sustain buff but what build freedom you gain from it is invested back into mag regen because you lost it. Orc sprint passive on the other hand is one of the strongest defences you can have in PvP with being able to line of sight faster and loosing less resources to do so and orcs havent lost anything for it.
    In Pve the Orc Health restore Always helps, healers or not if you loose Health the faster you heal the better, while the sprint passive enables if nothing else faster Speedruns for more score, that is only assuming that you never sprint after a moving boss or for a single mechanic which is pretty unlikely. While on magicka you generally dont have to follow a boss as quick as long as it remains in your elemental blockade range (or you are a magdk dps lul) and in general loose very little Stamina in most content. And adapting your build to make use of the Damage reduction decreases your dps massively while gaining very mediocre defense. So yeah still not convinced that this passive should have made it live for pve.

• Axmouth
    Axmouth
    ✭✭
    I really like the look of these changes! Real pity we won't see them.

Only altmer healing passive seems out of place to me, but nothing I'd feel bad about. Nice job really.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Axmouth wrote: »
    I really like the look of these changes! Real pity we won't see them.

Only altmer healing passive seems out of place to me, but nothing I'd feel bad about. Nice job really.

The Healing Passive was added as a supplement to the reduction of Altmer Spell Damage so as to keep Altmer/Breton/Dunmer/Khajiit/Argonian as close to par in terms of healing roles as possible; Dunmer/Altmer have the strongest heals, Breton has the most sustain to heal more often, Argonian and Khajiit heal via crits.
    Argonian forever