The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faction Governor

Gankimus
Gankimus
✭✭✭
The Volendrung.

Sounds cool. Like a power up mushroom. People will squabble.
Is it relevant to the map? Will it help me win a campaign?
I hope so. I'll give it a try.

Here's an idea.

FACTION GOVERNOR

Faction Governor is:
1) Top AP player LOGGED INTO Cyrodiil for any given faction
(Joe Blow logs out, John Doe is Governor and vice versa)
2)Tough but not too tough, I don't know like maybe a half EMP? What do you think?
3) New skill line while active? Everyone in group gets little buff? Whole faction? Maybe set a resource tower up like a camp someplace? Wouldn't that be crazy, random towers popping up? LOS dancers would love it. Give them a pole to twirl around!
4) Some cool clothes and a snappy hat.

Faction Governor Procs:
1) Only if you have your act together. Seriously, you gotta own all your home keeps and they gotta be connected.
2) Only if your faction isn't Emperor. I mean, let's not go crazy right?
3) Other ideas to tie it to map performance and territory control

Pros
1) Lots of players will have a chance to obtain the title which is directly tied to activity in Cyrodiil
2) Maintaining the title and utilizing the buff will require team play.
3) New strategic conditions relevant to the map will be introduced.
4) Your faction has an EMP counter available
5) On your quest to become Emperor, you power up along the way
6) Dude, you could have 3 Governors on the map at once duking it out with the Volendrung nerd.

or

Somebody could be EMP in that pile with 2 Governors.

Epicsauce.

Cons
1) It's a terrible idea, easily exploited by all the Sith trolls in this game. Good people will suffer needlessly.
2) Some programming technical stuff I don't understand
3) Whatever you say

Talk amongst yourselves please!

Edited by Gankimus on February 27, 2019 6:41PM
Gankimus
AD NB AR Volunteer
Former Mayor of Cropsford
Former GM of Dominion Imperial Guard
Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • Kickimanjaro
    Kickimanjaro
    ✭✭✭
    Other games have done this kind of Leader Mode to some success. I think a way to implement it here could involve AP bonuses. For example, Governor (to use your proposed title) would mark a keep and all attack, defense, AP, whatever is increased by 33%. This could be displayed on the map for all players so you wouldn't have to be a zone general and tell people where to go, instead just... encourage them with AP.

I am worried about adding an additional skill line for something like this, it would likely either do nothing or be overpowered and take months to balance. AP is AP, though, doesn't really affect combat just gives players an extra incentive.

Cool idea, worth discussing further, would not push to implement it immediately or anything.
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Other games have done this kind of Leader Mode to some success. I think a way to implement it here could involve AP bonuses. For example, Governor (to use your proposed title) would mark a keep and all attack, defense, AP, whatever is increased by 33%. This could be displayed on the map for all players so you wouldn't have to be a zone general and tell people where to go, instead just... encourage them with AP.

I am worried about adding an additional skill line for something like this, it would likely either do nothing or be overpowered and take months to balance. AP is AP, though, doesn't really affect combat just gives players an extra incentive.

Cool idea, worth discussing further, would not push to implement it immediately or anything.

Decent idea that will end up with people marking every resource they take and/or every keep they just got a good 1vx at in order to make the most of the buff for themselves and stay at top AP