Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Death and Dreaming Quest Bug

InvictusApollo
InvictusApollo
✭✭✭✭✭
Warning spoilers for Murkmire quest line!

I think a quest in Murkmire (Death and Dreaming) has bugged on me. I left the final vision where you fight Ayleids and defend Argonians but NPCs just dissapeared and I cant use any skill. NPCs dissappear when Kassadra purs sth into the brazier.
/stuck command didnt work.
When I disconnected it put me back to the place where ancient Argonians were and I have an objective to defeat Ayleid forces but nothing happens.
I tried abandoning the quest and that didn't work.
I've tried three times already but I'm stuck.
  • JayAstrophel
    JayAstrophel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Death and dreaming has been giving me trouble too, but not in the same way as you. Something's up with this quest.
    TAMRIEL MERCENARIES AND ADVENTURERS SOCIETY
    CP460
    level cap characters -
    Aren'dra - khajiit ww stamblade - DPS - sneak-thief wanderer
    still leveling -
    Danara-jo - khajiit vamp magblade - healer - ancient scholar
    Lost-In-His-Wanderings - argonian magplar - healer - melancholy dreamer
    Riin-daro the Returned- khajiit necro - tank - pieced back together
    Paints-the-Skies - argonian magden - DPS - storyteller
    Furrin-ko - khajiit magden - healer - wild at heart
    Completely-Innocent - argonian magdk - DPS - gets into trouble
  • kentonjacksonb16_ESO
    I can confirm this bug is effecting a few folks as of last night. There were at least 5 players stood outside the "Dreaming Nest" going in and out trying to reset this quest with no luck. At least one player had said they tried abandoning the quest and this didnt work either. Possibly something screwy going on with the quest script....but this bug blocks all progress thru the main story for Murkmire. Currently completed all of Murkmire except the main story upto this point. Guess we have to come back once this has been sorted.
  • Ethos
    Ethos
    ✭✭✭
    i'm facing the same issue, i was about to post a thread on the forum but it seems i'm not the only one having this problem.

So yeah, basically after the quest objective "Defeat the Ayleids forces" we take the Argonian staff, and then, the NPC stole it from us.
    At this point the quest objective is supposed to update to "Talk to Xukas", but instead it get stuck to "Defeat the Ayleids forces" - and nothing happen, character is being stuck in the "dream" status.

*I tried to abandon the quest, and redo it, doesn't change anything.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Ethos on February 26, 2019 1:32PM
  • kentonjacksonb16_ESO
    Exactly as Ethos has described, far more cogently than I did:) I tried again just now and the quest had reset itself, but the same issue is occuring. The NPC steals the staff, there is a visual glitch as all the gathered NPC's vanish and the quest prompt goes back to "Defeat the Aylied Forces"
    Some sort of quest script linkage issue methinks.

Oh well time to cut short my Argonian toons return to Murkmire, maybe a jaunt thru Vvardenfell whilst i wait for this to be fixed...
  • Gabe42
    Gabe42
    I have the same issue and also tried to abandon the quest and redoing it. Nothing helped so far.

I also filed a bug report and contacted costumer support. Their reply was:

"We are unable to advance you with our quest. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Our best suggestion would be to submit a feedback ticket to the developers to see if they'll have any hotfixes/updates on this quest in the future."

I thought helping with a bugged zone questline would be something they should be able to help with. Is this normal for ESO?
    Edited by Gabe42 on February 26, 2019 4:21PM
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where can we "submit a feedback ticket to the developers"?

Edit: I just tried redoing the whole quest without any addons. I even unsummoned my combat pets. I have waited with this for 24 hours since last gameplay. Nothing helps.
    Edited by InvictusApollo on February 26, 2019 7:51PM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA

Experiencing the same exact issue. Ethos described it perfectly. Finish questioning Sap-Speaker Kuzei, take the staff, and then the staff is stolen from me when I return. The paralytic just makes me run around like a zombie but everyone is gone and I now have the 'Defeat Ayleid Forces' objective again.

PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Gabe42
    Gabe42
    Where can we "submit a feedback ticket to the developers"?

I'm pretty sure they mean a bug report via /bug

• Degafohi
    Degafohi
    Same problem here. Deleted quest and started over but the same thing happened again!
  • Jazz_Funk
    Jazz_Funk
    ✭✭✭
    After 4 attempts have had to shelve this until it is fixed. Even if you don't abandon the quest and try again it eventually resets to reach the dreaming cave so unless someone knows a work around would recommend not doing this quest for the time being.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jazz_Funk wrote: »
    After 4 attempts have had to shelve this until it is fixed. Even if you don't abandon the quest and try again it eventually resets to reach the dreaming cave so unless someone knows a work around would recommend not doing this quest for the time being.

This is really unfortunate as the main quest is what I have left in Murkmire. Until it's finished, I can only do the dailies there and since I like sticking to a zone until it's done before doing story quests in the next, I'll have to switch characters for awhile until it's fixed. :(
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
  • eaton68_ESO
    eaton68_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Gabe42 wrote: »
    I have the same issue and also tried to abandon the quest and redoing it. Nothing helped so far.

I also filed a bug report and contacted costumer support. Their reply was:

"We are unable to advance you with our quest. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Our best suggestion would be to submit a feedback ticket to the developers to see if they'll have any hotfixes/updates on this quest in the future."

I thought helping with a bugged zone questline would be something they should be able to help with. Is this normal for ESO?

That IS ESO unfortunately. Just did quest for first time today and guess, wait for it, wait for it .... same thing happened to me.
  • verminion_ESO
    verminion_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    /bump PC NA

Same thing for me. Tried the quest 3 times (abandoning, walking out, resetting, etc) and after you get paralyzed, it reverts to the "Defeat Ayleid Forces" stage. Very unfortunate. I submitted a Feedback/ Bug, but Customer Service just gives a canned response which is also very unfortunate.

/sigh
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can we please get some kind of response to this? Death and Dreaming is the 4th quest in a chain of 7 so being unable to complete this with no acknowledgement or ETA on a fix means the entire chain is staying half-finished.
    PC/NA

Meet my characters :
  • Craal
    Craal
    Soul Shriven
    Ethos wrote: »
    i'm facing the same issue, i was about to post a thread on the forum but it seems i'm not the only one having this problem.

So yeah, basically after the quest objective "Defeat the Ayleids forces" we take the Argonian staff, and then, the NPC stole it from us.
    At this point the quest objective is supposed to update to "Talk to Xukas", but instead it get stuck to "Defeat the Ayleids forces" - and nothing happen, character is being stuck in the "dream" status.

*I tried to abandon the quest, and redo it, doesn't change anything.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Same thing happening for me too!
  • ShyroD10
    ShyroD10
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, I contacted to the support team and I did all the steps in order to solve the bug and it was impossible
  • JayAstrophel
    JayAstrophel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too would love to see all the issues with this quest fixed. Really want to continue exploring Murkmire <3
    TAMRIEL MERCENARIES AND ADVENTURERS SOCIETY
    CP460
    level cap characters -
    Aren'dra - khajiit ww stamblade - DPS - sneak-thief wanderer
    still leveling -
    Danara-jo - khajiit vamp magblade - healer - ancient scholar
    Lost-In-His-Wanderings - argonian magplar - healer - melancholy dreamer
    Riin-daro the Returned- khajiit necro - tank - pieced back together
    Paints-the-Skies - argonian magden - DPS - storyteller
    Furrin-ko - khajiit magden - healer - wild at heart
    Completely-Innocent - argonian magdk - DPS - gets into trouble
  • Degafohi
    Degafohi
    Yep, I'm pretty much at the point where I can't complete the Murkmire area because of this bug.
  • Degafohi
    Degafohi
    After I defeat the Ayleids I am told to take the staff. I take the staff and return to the dream room. When I first arrive in the dream room the the quest still says I should take the staff. Then Cassandra takes the staff and the quest reads Defeat the Ayleids. Just a continuing loop which I have repeated 5 times after quitting and restarting the quest.
  • SuperMcMutant
    SuperMcMutant
    Soul Shriven
    Bump...same exact bug. Booted out of dream sequence, Cass takes staff, then am in room alone with no NPCs, am still reeling from the dream, and quest has not advanced. Nothing fixes it..3 times and still the same outcome. Bethesda needs to get on this since it seems to be a common bug.
  • Amarlado
    Amarlado
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno if y'all could let us know when this is fixed, I'd appreciate it. After going through that long sequence twice and getting "Defeat the Ayleid Forces" twice, I'm not going to do it again until I can be assured I won't waste another half-hour :)
  • Genuine_Venus
    Genuine_Venus
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue. The first time I couldn't move for like 1 minute after I took the staff and the quest still said "Defeat the Ayleid Forces". After I abondoned the mission and restarted the part I could move right away after I got the staff, but I still couldn't continue because of the bug. :'(
  • kentonjacksonb16_ESO
    Can we get some sort of response to this bug here? Progress thru a DLC main storyline is blocked because of a quest bug, so its pretty frustrating. I can understand that these things take time to fix, ie test to see if the devs can replicate the issue and then code a fix etc. To not even get a " Hey guys we can see an issue here and the boffins upstairs are working on a fix" is tbh rubbish. Just a bit of communication here would really help things along.
    Just a simple acknowledgment would be nice.
  • Jack_Asthma
    Jack_Asthma
    Soul Shriven
    I've been having the same issue since Tuesday (26 Feb). I've tried relogging, waiting a day, dropping the quest and picking it back up, disabling add-ons etc...
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also got the bug in the exact same way as the OP. Hopefully there's a hotfix for this soon.
  • Genuine_Venus
    Genuine_Venus
    Soul Shriven
    I read this from Bethesda: We are aware of an issue that prevents the quest Death and Dreaming in which you may be unable to progress after defeating the Ayleid Forces. This issue will be resolved in an upcoming patch.

Keep an eye on our Patch Notes forum for any future updates at http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes.

In addition, you can receive updates to this article by logging in and clicking "Notify Me" at the bottom of this page"

You can find that text here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45447/~/what-do-i-do-if-im-experiencing-an-issue-with-the-quest-death-and-dreaming?
    Edited by Genuine_Venus on March 1, 2019 8:23AM
  • Pocktio
    Pocktio
    Soul Shriven
    Thank the Hist it's been recognised. I tried this twice last night and stopped playing in frustration
  • kentonjacksonb16_ESO
    Many thanks Genuine_Venus for the heads up on that....doing the job of the community managers!
  • lueckgenb16_ESO
    Degafohi wrote: »
    After I defeat the Ayleids I am told to take the staff. I take the staff and return to the dream room. When I first arrive in the dream room the the quest still says I should take the staff. Then Cassandra takes the staff and the quest reads Defeat the Ayleids. Just a continuing loop which I have repeated 5 times after quitting and restarting the quest.
    Bump...same exact bug. Booted out of dream sequence, Cass takes staff, then am in room alone with no NPCs, am still reeling from the dream, and quest has not advanced. Nothing fixes it..3 times and still the same outcome. Bethesda needs to get on this since it seems to be a common bug.

Same here!
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really disappointed that there are no notes regarding this in today's patch. It's a huge bug that completely blocks progress through the zone. And there's still not even been a dev response.
    PC/NA

Meet my characters :