Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

cross server upgrades and crown purchases

justinbarrett
justinbarrett
✭✭✭
I was considering pre purchasing elswyr. I only have one concern.....If I buy it on the NA server, will it be available on the EU server as well?(or vice versa)

I am asking because I purchased morrowind with crowns on the EU server, those crowns are gone on both servers BUT I am was only able to access it on the EU server, same with imperial upgrade.....and this is off subject but should I not have those available on both servers, if my crowns are deducted from both servers????
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    * I purchased morrowind with crowns on the EU server, those crowns are gone on both servers BUT I am was only able to access it on the EU server, same with imperial upgrade.

I can access it(morrowind) now because I have an active ESO+ account....
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on when you purchased Morrowind, you can run into some issues.

If you purchased Morrowind as a chapter, you should've been able to access it on both servers. Summerset also worked in this way during the Summerfall event where people would log into both servers to complete two achievements for the first time (at least I think it was two).

If you purchased Morrowind when it became a DLC however, then no. You can't access that on both servers unless you have ESO+. No idea why this is, because it's content you paid for, buuuut that's stuck in place.

Just to make sure all your I's are dotted and T's are crossed though, I'd wait for more anecdotal evidence or hopefully an actual rep will swoop in and say. You could also petition customer support and ask.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I am unable to login to the customer support for some reason...this could be a recent issue, as I usually do not frequent C.S. ....so thanks, but yes, I am waiting for an official response.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown store purchases only apply for the realm you are logged into when you buy them. Website purchases, including crowns, ESO+ sub, and chapters apply to both EU and NA for that account.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    not to start a debate, ...it's fine that I payed crowns for a dlc....the problem is the crowns are deducted upon purchase from the account, but the content is only available on one(server)....seems if content is server bound(as in binding), crowns should be as well....

But you did answer my question. Can I assume you have one of the chapters and have jumped servers to test?
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not to start a debate, ...it's fine that I payed crowns for a dlc....the problem is the crowns are deducted upon purchase from the account, but the content is only available on one(server)....seems if content is server bound(as in binding), crowns should be as well....

But you did answer my question. Can I assume you have one of the chapters and have jumped servers to test?

I can confirm with Summerset that you can jump servers (as I have it and was able to get into EU just fine from NA). But it's only if it was purchased as a chapter. So that you'll be okay to do!
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO: ofc I go to purchase it and right this moment the store is down and I get a "back soon!" message...just my luck :)