The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Imperial Stam DPS now more viable?

hungrymagpie
With the upcoming changes with the imperial race, they seemed to have had a nice buff. In particular There Red Diamond passive. Do you think they will be more viable as a Stam DPS/stamblade or will other races still outbeat them? Either PVP or PVE.

I absolutely love the appearance of the imperials!

Imperial (last update: 4.3.3)
Increases Experience gain in One Hand and Shield Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Gold gain
Tough: Increases your Max Health by 2000.
Imperial Mettle: Increases your Max Stamina by 2000.
Red Diamond: Reworked this passive so when you deal Direct Damage now, you restore 333 Health, Magicka, and Stamina. This effect has a 5 second cooldown. Reworked the 5% Block and Bash cost reduction to 3% cost reduction of all abilities (all the things!).
Edited by hungrymagpie on February 25, 2019 8:31AM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial is actually low key OP. While everyone and their mother is harping over Orc (rightfully so mind you) Imperial offers so much sustain and Max Resources that I expect it'll be the "new" Argonian and everyone will jump on the "Imperial is OP" bandwagon before long.
    Argonian forever
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial is actually low key OP. While everyone and their mother is harping over Orc (rightfully so mind you) Imperial offers so much sustain and Max Resources that I expect it'll be the "new" Argonian and everyone will jump on the "Imperial is OP" bandwagon before long.

Nope I'm imperial right now and I'm jumping ship. It is no where near op. The math has been done and compared us to wood elf because they get high stam recovery and 2000 stamina.

In order for red diamond with the 3% cost reduction to beat wood elf in sustain imperial needs to use almost 6000 stamina a second....... Yeah that is absolute trash because you will never use that much stamina in one second.

Imperial is 6th best stam DPS behind orc, dunmer, khajit, redguard, and bosmer. So no where close to being op at all hate to say it but imperial still only good at tanking.

Impetial only gets 2000 stam and red diamond worse recovery than wood elf and redguard while it lacks the attack power that dunmer and orc get.
    Edited by Kidgangster101 on February 25, 2019 6:05AM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nope I'm imperial right now and I'm jumping ship. It is no where near op. The math has been done and compared us to wood elf because they get high stam recovery and 2000 stamina.

In order for red diamond with the 3% cost reduction to beat wood elf in sustain imperial needs to use almost 6000 stamina a second....... Yeah that is absolute trash because you will never use that much stamina in one second.

Imperial is 6th best stam DPS behind orc, dunmer, khajit, redguard, and bosmer. So no where close to being op at all hate to say it but imperial still only good at tanking.

Impetial only gets 2000 stam and red diamond worse recovery than wood elf and redguard while it lacks the attack power that dunmer and orc get.

Several people have already confirmed your math to be garbage so I'm not inclined to believe you, nor should anyone for that matter.
    Argonian forever
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first char was an Imperial stamblade, good times
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be good option available. Sustain can be obtained easily with different food/drink. Some already mentioned it as a viable-ish option. Guess we need to see what happens the next few weeks tho.

And please dont forget, everything is viable as long as you know how to play your class. I mean sure, the better or most viable race makes it easier, but you can always complete content regardless of your race.
    Edited by Itzmichi on February 25, 2019 12:09PM
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people were testing Imperial with lavafoot soup, and slotting two health enchantments instead of going with all stamina. You could compare just the buffs between Imperial and Bosmer and see which has more stats.

Here is the accounting behind the lavafoot test:
    Lavafoot: +4575 Stamina, +457 Stamina Regen
    Imperial passive: +2000 Stamina, +2000 Health, -3% cost reduction + 67 Stamina return (~133 Stam Regen)
    Swap 2 Armor Glyphs: -1736 Stamina, +1908 Health

Imperial w/ lavafoot buff total:
    4839 Stamina, 3908 Health, 457 Stamina Regen, (133 Regen and 3% cost reduction, neither buffed by multipliers)

It's a lot like a Bosmer on Artaeum Takeaway Broth

Takeaway Broth: +3458 Stamina, +3724 Health, +319 Stamina Regen
    Bosmer Passive: +2000 Stamina, +258 Stamina Regen

Bosmer w/ takeaway broth buff total:
    5458 Stamina, 3724 Health, 577 Stamina Regen

They're very close.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on February 25, 2019 10:19PM
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Several people have already confirmed your math to be garbage so I'm not inclined to believe you, nor should anyone for that matter.

https://youtu.be/itv5SAZZxXA

@Silver_Strider bro if your not good with math don't say false things. You clearly have zero clue what you are talking about I can't take anything you say seriously anywhere. Go watch that video my proof is there now where is your proof imperial will be "low key op" please provide numbers because I can follow numbers :wink:

Math PROVES that imperial red diamond passive is bad compared to other stamina recovery options such as redguard or bosmer in the video I provided :wink:
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Silver_Strider bro if your not good with math don't say false things. You clearly have zero clue what you are talking about I can't take anything you say seriously anywhere. Go watch that video my proof is there now where is your proof imperial will be "low key op" please provide numbers because I can follow numbers :wink:

Math PROVES that imperial red diamond passive is bad compared to other stamina recovery options such as redguard or bosmer in the video I provided :wink:

Dude you're practically a laughing stock.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude you're practically a laughing stock.

Lol I'll be a laughing stock but at least I'm not trying to convince someone to waste a race change token to imperial by telling them it's "low key op" I tell it like it is the op will thank me later for not changing to imperial if they don't lol :wink:
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kidgangster101 Where in those posts did He say that people should change to imperial? Learn to read.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not only about sustain. The sustain helps, absolutely but if it mattered as much as you believe it did, Orc and Dunmer wouldn't be the top 2 Stamina DPS races now would they? People equalize the races when they DPS test as much as possible to try and get outright false DPS numbers since they're not applicable to actual applications in real time. Since you like to use Asiangod as your source, let's go ahead and compare his DPS parses between the races, of which he failed to test on Redguard and Imperial because he felt Bosmer was better, which mares his credentials as an accurate source of information as he's inserted his own judgement instead of being open minded to all the potentials available to these races but I digress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kKU7L1gASM[/vid]

In his video, Orc is currently outparsing all other Stamina Races, even Bosmer, despite their sustain using Lava Foot but lets be realistic for 1 second; No one, and I mean NO ONE will be using Lava Foot food in a real raid setting. They'll be using Arteum for the Max Health buff as it's pretty much required for all races to reach a certain health threshold and giving up several enchantment spots for Health enchantments is not happening, not by a longshot. Imperial, however doesn't NEED to use several health enchantments and I don't even need to post the differences because someone was already kind enough to post them for me. Thank You @Bladerunner1
    Here is the accounting behind the lavafoot test:
    Imperial passive: +2000 Stamina, +2000 Health, -3% cost reduction + 67 Stamina return (~133 Stam Regen)
    Swap 2 Armor Glyphs: -1736 Stamina, +1908 Health

Imperial w/ lavafoot buff total:
    4839 Stamina, 3908 Health, 457 Stamina Regen, (133 Regen and 3% cost reduction, neither buffed by multipliers)

It's a lot like a Bosmer on Artaeum Takeaway Broth

Bosmer w/ takeaway broth buff total:
    5458 Stamina, 3724 Health, 577 Stamina Regen
    They're very close.

Now, this is for Bosmer. However, even with this, it looks as though Imperial is coming up short and that's because people are under the assumption that you need those 2 Health glyphs to get into a good enough position for Trial runs but let's consider that Imperial's 2k health is actually slightly higher than the actual tooltip value due to CP buffs and you can safely come to the conclusion that you would only need 1 Health Glyph to be within a safe range for Trials, even more so with Ebon and the fact that it will now benefit from the CP change as well, so lets run the math again.

Swap 1 Armor Glyphs: -868 Stamina, + 954 Health

Imperial w/Lavafoot Buff Total:
    5707 Stamina, 2954 Health, 457 Stamina Regen (133 Regen and 3% cost reduction)
    Bosmer w/Arteum buff Total
    5458 Stamina, 3724 Health, 577 Stamina Regen.

And just like that, Imperial is now ahead of Bosmer in terms of DPS by the simple fact that it has 250 more max stamina and comparable sustain numbers for slightly less health. Let's throw in 3% cheaper (and stronger) Dawnbreakers and that gap just slowly starts to overtake poor Bosmer now doesn't it and all I did was change 2 simple things, I used different food and changed 1 enchantment. Maybe I'll give up on sustain food entirely and go for Green Stamina food to give me an even more substantial lead in terms of raw DPS potential for Trials but I feel I've made my point already.

So go ahead and race change from Imperial, you're clearly not capable of maxing out its potential if all you do is blindly follow what a Youtuber tells you to do.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on February 26, 2019 7:11AM
    Argonian forever