Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Requesting Help Form Zenimax Online Studio.

TheValar85
TheValar85
✭✭✭✭✭
Dear Zenimax,

Please forgive me to my English and spelling incorrection in this thread. English is not my native language.

I came across some dilema while i am trying to do an armor mod for skyrim. (i know i know here we go again but please hear me out)
I know i cannot ask things like sending in game textures or models from the art department due to licensing and terms of usage and EULA restrictions.
All i would like to request is to please release a model viewer program that allows us mod makers to export texture files in supported files like png, tga, jpg. and os on. OFC this program will not allow importations to the game files. Only just view and exports.

The reson why i come directly requesting this is becasue most of the Skyrim armor moding comunity members are no longer interested to do armor moding nor fulfilling any requests including texturing requests as well. so with nothing to loose i came here where the source lies.

When the mod will be finished everything will be credited to Zenimax Online Studio thats a written promise what can be used in any conditions from Zenimax Online Studio representatives only.
We accept and agree every terms from Zenimax Online Studio.

We would be in your depth if the moding community could use a model viewer wich could help us relaseing your awsesome and tallented art works to Skyrim as well, refering more to the Elder Scrolls Online Genre.

If my request cannot be fulfilled due to the company polices reasons i accept that too. But at least i would be realy thankful if you could give me at least a lead or contact who could help me out with texturing.

I am waiting for your reply or personal massages as well.
I am also wish everyone a very nice day too :)

Kindly Reguards.
GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i dont think they will be helping you.

think thats all complicated copy right stuff
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »
    Thats mean.

Perhaps a little, but also astute.

ESO isn't Skyrim.

In Skyrim if you want a nice outfit or home or mount or anything like that, you download and install a mod. No cost.

In ESO if you want anything like that, you can expect to pay anywhere up to the equivalent of $188 for the most expensive home. That's about 4 times what I paid for Skyrim including all DLC.

If you can get things like armour from ESO in Skyrim for free, a lot of people are just going to enjoy it for free in Skyrim and say "Screw you ESO!"

ESO does a lot of things so very incredibly badly compared to the single player games, but not clothing. ESO's clothing is magnificent. I don't love it all and there are some I hate but broadly speaking the system and clothes are much better than Skyrim. I can definitely understand why you're asking for this but I doubt they'd even seriously consider it.

The only potential benefit for them would be if getting some of their stuff into Skyrim could somehow be used to lure players into ESO. But I can't imagine how.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Thats mean.

Perhaps a little, but also astute.

ESO isn't Skyrim.

In Skyrim if you want a nice outfit or home or mount or anything like that, you download and install a mod. No cost.

In ESO if you want anything like that, you can expect to pay anywhere up to the equivalent of $188 for the most expensive home. That's about 4 times what I paid for Skyrim including all DLC.

If you can get things like armour from ESO in Skyrim for free, a lot of people are just going to enjoy it for free in Skyrim and say "Screw you ESO!"

ESO does a lot of things so very incredibly badly compared to the single player games, but not clothing. ESO's clothing is magnificent. I don't love it all and there are some I hate but broadly speaking the system and clothes are much better than Skyrim. I can definitely understand why you're asking for this but I doubt they'd even seriously consider it.

The only potential benefit for them would be if getting some of their stuff into Skyrim could somehow be used to lure players into ESO. But I can't imagine how.

It is not that to be honest i achieved every armor coustume what you can get in ESO doing achievments. i just realy love to put in some of those into skyrim as well. Me and my friend who is workign on an ESO related armor mod for skyrim we got stucked becasue of the texture basicly, and i cannot finde anyone on the nexus who would help us out finishing this project wich would pay a huge tribute for Zenimax Online Studio becasue it is comes from them basicly we just wanted to add to Skyrim as well thats all basicly, we are not even interested in profits at all. And the armmor mod what we are doing is also will be as hard to achieved item in skyrim just like in ESO becasue you can't give the tiem to your self by using consol commands to cheat. So basicly the player in skyrim also have to get through alot of things to earn that armor.

Edit: let me answer your last sentence: The only potential benefit for them would be if getting some of their stuff into Skyrim could somehow be used to lure players into ESO. But I can't imagine how

well i am going to reveil the project then: me and my friend are working on the Emperor Regalia And we know very well how hard to get that in ESO if you are not into real challanges that armor is not for you basicly. But still Skyrim could use the same chellenging methods like that to earn the armor. Alot of people are looking for a great challanges still in skyrim. And with my friend our idea could lure some palyers to ESO enviroment as well. everyoen who loves chalalngess and a competative challanges would surly try them self out in ESO in cyrodiil to achiev that coustume. We also thought we would even re make the whole ESO base game storyline quests, and at the and adding teh armor as a reward. But to earn that it will be way harder to achiev in Skyrim then in ESO. We have a lot of ideas about luring more people into ESO with skyrim.
    Edited by TheValar85 on February 25, 2019 2:54PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All i would like to request is to please release a model viewer program that allows us mod makers to export texture files in supported files like png, tga, jpg. and os on. OFC this program will not allow importations to the game files. Only just view and exports.

This should already be possible. Though, worth remembering, you can't simply rip the textures and convert those over.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This should already be possible. Though, worth remembering, you can't simply rip the textures and convert those over.

thats fine by me, if i we can see the whole armor texture in at least 2k resolution that would be enough for us, to replicate it correctly in quality as well. Because teh referncies on the internet is so in low resuolutions. Also we cant see every piece of the armor like in this

picture: https://i.imgur.com/hF5UdUK.jpg

it is diferent in so much aspect. that basicly even recoloring the whole thing is just dosent working , so we have to re create the whole thing from scratch.
    Edited by TheValar85 on February 25, 2019 3:02PM
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Hi there, since these are the ESO forums, inquiries related to other titles may not be seen. Questions related to modding, in general, are better asked on the Bethesda.net forums under the Skryim section. Or you can submit a support ticket here: https://help.bethesda.net/app for further assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JesC wrote: »
    Hi there, since these are the ESO forums, inquiries related to other titles may not be seen. Questions related to modding, in general, are better asked on the Bethesda.net forums under the Skryim section. Or you can submit a support ticket here: https://help.bethesda.net/app for further assistance.

I love you so much :) Can they help me about this issue?