The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What is your FAVORITE dungeon boss??

Kissablecape
Kissablecape
Soul Shriven
Regardless of what the popular opinion on certain bosses are, I want to know YOUR favorite boss and why?

Mine is the final boss of Ruins of Mazz because I love the phases between bosses, totems, stature mechanic and over all difficulty of it.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag Kena & Mad Architect - Awesome scenario
    Domihaus & Zaan - Stressful but rewarding.
    Voriak Solkyn & Lord Warden - Nice mechanics
    Velidreth & Rilis XII - Amusing dialogue
    Edited by gepe87 on February 13, 2019 12:33AM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The deadroth in CoA2. Was really fun to jump around to dodge the AoEs.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final boss of Vaults of Madness.

His fight is basically doing the hokey- pokey. You know,

You put your right foot in (avoid the shattering windows)

You put your right foot out (avoid the screaming souls)

You stack 'n burn the boss and you shake it all about.

(I may have run Vaults of Madness too many times for Rattlecage and Worm's Raiment pieces prior to Transmutation :) )
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 13, 2019 1:52AM
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final boss of Vaults of Madness.

His fight is basically doing the hokey- pokey. You know,

You put your right foot in (avoid the shattering windows)

You put your right foot out (avoid the screaming souls)

You stack 'n burn the boss and you shake it all about.

(I may have run Vaults of Madness too many times for Rattlecage and Worm's Raiment pieces prior to Transmutation :) )

I love the two jumps, and also knocking mobs off platforms with my spear. It never gets old.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    Velidreth, my sweet. She cracks me up every time. And Xal-Nur, same. It's their dialogue and delivery. Favourites in the game.
    Edited by StytchFingal on February 18, 2019 2:39AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valkyn Skoria. The Dungeon has some awesome lines and for a PuG it still poses challenges.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now don't move a muscle.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vault Protector in Frostvault.

I always get a "Mission Impossible" hype feeling in this fight :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now don't move a muscle.

First time my friends and I did that fight blind, we died so many times before we had the realization of, "Wait a minute, we're supposed to listen to what the boss tells us and stand still?!"

My SO was quite irked. "Why on earth would we listen to the bad spider lady trying to kill us?"

Great fight. Just...interesting to run blind.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag kena. More about mechanics and situational awareness but having good dps makes a difference.

I also like the dog, bear, tiger, guar boss from fang lair. Again you need to pay attention to your surroundings and kinda work together as a team but mics are not required in a pug group.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vault of Madness - even its a simple tank and spank, the two mechanics and effects that come with them are pretty cool and fun, one of my favorite.

Honorable mention: City of Ashes 2
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fang lair HM is quite a fun one.
    Ghosts are just so huggable

Moon hunter HM is another for me
  • pluckpluck
    pluckpluck
    ✭✭✭
    I know the boss I hate the most (Domihaus in FH) but I never asked myself about which I enjoy the most. Hmmmm. I think it's Zaan in HM. I'm not fan of RNG on this one, because RNG is never with you.. but this extremely punitive mechanic is really rewarding once you run it while joking.

Honorable mention could go to Lord Warden Dusk, his mechanics are pretty funny too, and his dialogues.. mouhahaha. Well, I hesitated a second with Velidreth, so she'll be in top 3 anyway :D
    "The net is a waste of time and that's exactly what's right about it. "
    -- W. Gibson
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My two favorite bosses in dungeons are Captain Blackheart from Blackheart Haven and Valkyn Skoria of the City of Ash II.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tarcyr in March of Sacrifices. It's such a unique fight and the artwork is gorgeous.

Favorite dungeon though is still, hands down even now, Vaults of Madness. I never get tired of running it.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    Vault of Madness - even its a simple tank and spank, the two mechanics and effects that come with them are pretty cool and fun, one of my favorite.

this ^

the 2 effects are so jaw dropping AMAZING! especially the glass shatter one
    at a place nobody knows
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan (none hm). Like her quotes, mechanics, arena. Also this is my favorite dungeon. I do run it almost every day just for fun.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valkyn Skoria!
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lag
    I've hidden your signature.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second last boss of Scale Caller. The mechanics are fun and he has tons of health nice longer battle with the steps to get extra damage and all is fun.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »

this ^

the 2 effects are so jaw dropping AMAZING! especially the glass shatter one

yeah letter soup ! :)
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Velidreth !
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by Odovacar on March 4, 2019 4:12PM
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now don't move a muscle.

First time my friends and I did that fight blind, we died so many times before we had the realization of, "Wait a minute, we're supposed to listen to what the boss tells us and stand still?!"

My SO was quite irked. "Why on earth would we listen to the bad spider lady trying to kill us?"

Great fight. Just...interesting to run blind.

Eat us, not kill us.
  • pluckpluck
    pluckpluck
    ✭✭✭
    Also, Velidreth isn't a spider but a Hoarvor Daedra :)
    "The net is a waste of time and that's exactly what's right about it. "
    -- W. Gibson