Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Customize Your Home with 3D Essential Effects(tm) (BETA) from Essential Housing Tools

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    @R_K concerning the animation tool:

- could you add an insert pause frame? you can change time from the 0.1 seconds to x seconds, but would be so nice to be able to complete and animation and decide after where to place a pause for whatever reason, but most important without adding a movement. so just a time delay that is not connected to a movement of an item
    - I suggested long ago to add a record in reverse button, that you made, but as separate option. ill give you an example;
    I make a door slide open, with 20 frames (would be nice to add 21st frame with a 10 second delay when im done and happy) would be so nice to have a button doing the other 20 frames in reverse without having to glue 2 scenes together.

btw reason why I suggest this is because I tend to make complex houses. I like to add some animations and such but don't like the part where you also need to figure out how to reset everything. yes we can add a 2nd trigger at a later spot at the house and close for example a door behind you. but you cant have 2 animations running at same time. might be easy to have a trigger option resetting items to original position when animation has ended?

@immozz01 I apologize if I am misunderstanding, but it sounds as though there is already a feature that can help you with the latter request. When setting up a trigger action for a Saved Selection, one of the options for the State drop down is "Restored". Choosing that option will literally restore all of the items in that Saved Selection to their positions that they were last saved in. But let me know if I misunderstood your request.

As for a "Change this scene..." > "Add Rewind frames" type of option, that'd totally be do-able. If I am understanding your request correctly, let me know and I'll add it to my Triggers To Do list ;-)

Also, you can insert a frame at any point in a new or existing Scene that does nothing but pause for X seconds -- and that frame need not move anything from the frame prior to it... it can literally just pause the Scene for additional time. Let me know if that's not what you needed though.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shutting off the UI no longer causes FX to disappear?!?!?!

slmoanfks3bt.jpg

This makes so happy I could poop.

But I won't.

Like...well...someday I might cause that would just be unhealthy.

But I'm not pooping now.

Omg, lol... Well I'm glad that the UI toggle/FX remain feature makes you happy...? ;-P <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Strident Inn wip @R_K
    kp592nh2cfhk.png

Ooh -- I love the updates! Great use of the FX to change up the house. I particularly like the flooding as well as that interior stained glass window. Nice touches! :wink:

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I was very excited to hear we can now take proper screenshots! :)

I was also hoping the new scenery would help solve my problem with the Grand Psijic Villa. I want it to be nighttime there! Alas, using a dark sky results in some majorly weird looking things off in the distance. I was hoping the Wrothgar mountains would cover it and it does....except for here.

egVCE1X.png

@R_K do you think it will ever be possible for you to give us a proper nighttme lighting effect? The darkness Veil is great for gloom but it's still obviously not night.

@MornaBaine Hi again Morna! I haven't forgotten about you! :wink: In fact the new Scenery FX were intended to help out with that exact situation, seeing as it turned out that I cannot find a way (without external mods) to disable that pervasive, "foggy" overlay that the game places over everything out in the distance. But, on the topic of the Scenery -- have you tried scaling the Mountains inward so that they fully cover the backdrop? You should be able to scale it inward and taller/shorter as needed to do so.

Also, I recently added another Lighting FX called "Brightness, Global." That new FX actually lets you temporarily control guests' Brightness setting to achieve an even darker look that literally is coming from lower overall brightness. Hopefully, between that new Brightness FX, the Scenery moved in to more fully cover the backdrop and the Sky Overlay, you can achieve a decent "night time" feel for the Villa.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K
    @Krainor1974 Ack! I was visiting DDA homes today for a bit but I missed coming to yours. I'll ping you when I see you on next time to come see in person! :-)[/quote]

I’m on vac for 2 weeks and I’m on a lot so just whisper in guild chat or pm me and I show you around. Oh that new sky thing they added if you put it in the sky pretty high it looks like shooting stars / meteorite shower.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on February 18, 2019 3:12AM
  • FurySevenSix
    FurySevenSix
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, this is just incredible :o
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3thinvipnh5h.png
    gold for that special event
    g5mr1t5zcvfb.png
    @R_K @MornaBaine

Floral plate from eht

Edited by Krainor1974 on February 20, 2019 5:30PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roasted ham n baked potatoes on menu tonight at inn.
    s4vybn31thbl.png
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K for example, I made a fused animation with double sliding "door" different items, different timings. bit difficult one, but looks nice now, would be a nightmare to do same in reverse :) I currently cant record videos anymore, you would need to visit EU server I fear to see it

I see you just killed port to friend addon, nice bit of work :)
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain has been added, perfect thanks R_K

62ls3x4190gg.png

w4szqzxih31o.png
    Edited by Krainor1974 on February 20, 2019 11:58PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sword weapon rack added

tbqsm4ac04nt.png
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    njdkv689w4h8.png
    r2eu05qlcjpb.png
    g0dlopweiwep.png

Edited by Krainor1974 on February 22, 2019 10:29PM
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Amazing stuff being done with EHT!

I can't get the grid to rotate. When it is turned on inside my house, the grid does not line up with the house axis. That is, the X and Y axis of the grid don't align with the walls. When I try to rotate it to match it doesn't change. The angle indicator changes but the grid remains at the same angle relative to the walls. I am assuming rotation about the Z (vertical) axis is what should be happening but maybe not.

Is there one of the tutorial videos that covers the use and adjustment of the grid?
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strut6569 wrote: »
    Amazing stuff being done with EHT!

I can't get the grid to rotate. When it is turned on inside my house, the grid does not line up with the house axis. That is, the X and Y axis of the grid don't align with the walls. When I try to rotate it to match it doesn't change. The angle indicator changes but the grid remains at the same angle relative to the walls. I am assuming rotation about the Z (vertical) axis is what should be happening but maybe not.

Is there one of the tutorial videos that covers the use and adjustment of the grid?

@Strut6569 Hi Strut. :) The Adjust Grid dialog’s rotate function does behave a little oddly, for sure. It can almost feel like it’s not rotating because the grid is constantly snapping to units of 50cm or 1m or whatever you pick as you rotate it. But if you left click and hold the rotate button, you will find that it is in fact rotating. If you exhaust it in one direction, reverse in the other direction. One way or the other, I promise you that you’ll find the angle that matches the area you are working in. ❤️
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply R_K. I will play with it some more. If I have issues I will get back with some pictures.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    75o6f7cg09b1.png

that's my hogwarts. The candles all turn on (or off) when you walk in the room. :) There is also a light bleed through one of the rooms if you put a fire in a fireplace. So I had it so the fire lights when you enter the room, but goes off when you leave... no bleed!
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    now make the candles spin in the room :)
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    now make the candles spin in the room :)

Actually I was going to make the griffonsg6d4gaets0j.png
    burst into flame (like a phoenix), vanish, and come back. But I cannot seem to get animated scenes to work, I'm just clueless. This is Dumbledore's office, the gryffon is on the desk.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K please read your mail
  • DragonHeart000
    First off this is an amazing addon and I am excited to try it out now that I have seen what you've done! You mentioned this:
    R_K wrote: »
    Also, please keep in mind that, for now, only you will see Essential Effects placed in the home; however, other players will be able to see these effects with an upcoming release of Essential Housing Tools.

and it makes sense for how it would only show up for you but I am curious as to how it would be possible for other players to see it. Addons can't save information on eso's servers so I figure it would have to be a simular approach to how TTC does it with a client that uploads the data to a server elsewhere and will download updates on what others have uploaded. But doing that for everyone using the addon would be inefficent as users would be downloading info for people that they are never going to visit. I'm curious how you plan to get around this issue.
    @DragonHeart000 NA PC
    Guild Master For <Discontinued> a guild for collectors of discontinued items!
    Guild Discord: https://discord.gg/w7bNDCu
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K I thought about telling you a few weeks ago (since its not difficult to get an old version of EHT to run even when they change the API) but your paintings (at least for me) on the PTS are all cropped. I figured you'd see it and fix it.

But I'm currently using 11.0.3 on PTS and they are still cropped - if you already know and are taking care of this already then just ignore. I scanned your comments quickly however and did not see a mention of this.

I suppose it could be something peculiar to me/my installation. But like I said, for me, the paintings are definitely cropped on PTS.

Thanks.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    First off this is an amazing addon and I am excited to try it out now that I have seen what you've done! You mentioned this:
    Also, please keep in mind that, for now, only you will see Essential Effects placed in the home; however, other players will be able to see these effects with an upcoming release of Essential Housing Tools.

and it makes sense for how it would only show up for you but I am curious as to how it would be possible for other players to see it. Addons can't save information on eso's servers so I figure it would have to be a simular approach to how TTC does it with a client that uploads the data to a server elsewhere and will download updates on what others have uploaded. But doing that for everyone using the addon would be inefficent as users would be downloading info for people that they are never going to visit. I'm curious how you plan to get around this issue.

you can easily share fx with others, been around for quite a while now

@R_K did you look into making sharing data work with guildmail? no guild will want its own FX if you need to group with 500 members in order to distribute what you made for your guildhall.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We been able to visit and see others homes with effects for weeks now, there’s a addition to eht in game where you can share the info by sharing through chats such as : zone , guild , say etc. anyone seeing the chat can see your effects. Also you can now mail the info to players and they can visit your house even when you offline and see your effects.
    😊
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can easily share fx with others, been around for quite a while now

@R_K did you look into making sharing data work with guildmail? no guild will want its own FX if you need to group with 500 members in order to distribute what you made for your guildhall.

@immozz01 So I did look into this feature; however, I have delayed this feature until after I can add a way for guild members to Opt In to receive such messages.

I decided against creating a blanket "Mail entire guild" option as, for the time being at least, there will almost always be more players that do not have Essential Housing Tools in a given guild than those that do (with possibly a few exception guilds that focus entirely on housing).

So what the feature will ultimately look like is this:

Players Opt In to receiving guild-wide email broadcasts. This will effectively tag the player as a recipient via a short tag in their Guild Member Note. When a player then broadcasts updates to their FX to the entire guild, EHT will mail all players who have this "Opt In" tag in their Guild Member Note. Additionally, broadcasting FX will require that the broadcaster is also Opted In. Finally, there will be a cap on the number of broadcasts permitted per day which will be based on the number of emails required per broadcast. Something akin to: 1 email: Cap of 2/day; 2+ emails: Cap of 1/day.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    just trying to get you some more customers for stuff like guild logo :)

at some point a housing guild will have a majority of players who use EHT and will most likely want a personalised FX, sharing will be a downside if not available in other ways then 1:1 and will not create a big demand.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    n766qb96cxvu.png
    My homes form a town in valley , here’s my sign.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on February 25, 2019 12:29PM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    I was the first one who ever got (paying well) a sign, it Is about improving the addon, making it more user friendly

would have new customer for @R_K but he never reads his mail
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find the lack of sharing via guild mail to be a big deal. Last weekend when we hosted a party in the guild hall, I just shared the data in guild chat and (the house's) zone. Since we can share f/x via mail, I can just send it to people who are not online at the time, and those who've received can also share it with people. I'd say guild mail sharing is not a priority as far as requests go. The share does seem to be a little buggy, since a few people seem to receive old data and have to have the data shared multiple times to get the current f/x (if they ever do), and really that seems a more pressing matter to me.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfStar07 wrote: »
    I don't find the lack of sharing via guild mail to be a big deal. Last weekend when we hosted a party in the guild hall, I just shared the data in guild chat and (the house's) zone. Since we can share f/x via mail, I can just send it to people who are not online at the time, and those who've received can also share it with people. I'd say guild mail sharing is not a priority as far as requests go. The share does seem to be a little buggy, since a few people seem to receive old data and have to have the data shared multiple times to get the current f/x (if they ever do), and really that seems a more pressing matter to me.

Not sure if it can help but similar things have happened to me where some weren’t seeing what others were and than it was pointed out those who weren’t seeing everything didn’t have the most updated info. There was several patches over weekend because of several issues the past few days. Another thing I noticed with visitors to my home were even after updating until some people’s reset the ui in addons list they couldn’t see effects and after it was good. Not sure if this helps but it’s problems I’ve seen over weekend and last few days.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on February 28, 2019 11:31AM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was the first one who ever got (paying well) a sign, it Is about improving the addon, making it more user friendly

would have new customer for @R_K but he never reads his mail

Knowing @R_K I can say he’s not purposely not answering or checking his mail, we are guildies and he can go days without loging in due to real life and when he does log in he deal with problems that are pointed out , over the past several days he’s been releasing patches due to several issues that popped up before and after the dungeon release, the biggest being several of us having some crashes and other problems. In these situations all attention goes to finding and fixing problems.

One more thing we must all remember he does this on his own, he doesn’t get paid for it he just chooses to give us something that makes housing so much better for all of us. He’s a one man show so it takes time to review mails, posts here and see and work on problems first is the priority, I’ve asked for things to be added my self and weeks later I’ve seen em in game. It’s just a matter of RL which always come first.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on February 28, 2019 11:26AM