Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you use Stealth Detect in PVE

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    max_only wrote: »
    Such a biased pool with so obvious "point to prove". Come on OP make similar one with question how many people is using stealth detection reduction in PvE.

How is it biased? What wording did I use that obviously favors one answer? In and of itself, the poll is neutral. Whatever you think I want is irrelevant.

No one is stopping you from making your own poll.

Is this why You link that thread as a "evidence" in another thread nooone is using stealth detect in PvE ? Like I said if You want to prove certain point make a thread asking of how many people is using stealth detection reduction as a counterbalance so we can see full picture otherwise it's clear bias designed to promote ideology that wood elf need stealth detection reduction in PvE because nobody is using stealth detection.

Do you use stealth detection in pve or not? It’s not that complicated. Any ulterior motive you glean from stalking me on the forums is irrelevant to the fact, not opinion, that fighting the environment does not require stealth detection.

Stalking ? You literally linked that thread in another thread so me clicking the link and seeing this thread is stalking now ? Get real. Also yes I use it in PvE as often as stealth detection reduction. By the way that last sentence is also just an opinion of Yours not the fact because as we can see from this thread results some people still use stealth detection in PvE lel. Bias is bias no matter how You want to cover it.

So you use stealth detection in pve. That’s fine, go ahead and answer that way. Tasear answered yes as well and I’m not arguing with her.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I use stealth detect in PVE
    ONLY when I am progressing that skill on a new character that I plan to run in PVP (Magelight)

Actually casting Magelight in pve doesn’t increase the rate of experience gain on that skill. It is only required to have the skill on the bar, while gaining exp. Are you actually detecting stealth units/mobs?

Should have been more clear. Was using it in darker areas to practice.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I don’t use stealth dectect in PVE
    Tasear wrote: »
    Now I'm imagining a PVE guild playing hide and go seek

This could be fun actually. I am thinking add it to one of larger houses like large bosmer to give a sense of hunt but with limits.

Unfortunately, unless you're dueling someone, they can see you in homes regardless of stealth because you're "friendly" :)
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reason to

I sense an agenda behind this loaded question
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How in the world is "do you use stealth detect in PvE?" a loaded question? How would you ask for that simple fact in another, less "loaded" way?

I don't care about what the OP tries to prove or not. It's a simple question.
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes, when I reach a world boss location and the boss is not there. "Maybe he is hiding" I think...
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surak73 wrote: »
    Sometimes, when I reach a world boss location and the boss is not there. "Maybe he is hiding" I think...
    Tips, just go AfK for 30 seconds and he will spawn, that is if you stand at boss location.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Surak73 wrote: »
    Tips, just go AfK for 30 seconds and he will spawn, that is if you stand at boss location.

I prefer dancing while responding to emails. :D

• Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would I use it ? There's litteraly NOTHING stealthed in PvE. Only thing that comes close is when a Nightblade enemy cloaks. You see that coming for a mile, block or use AoE, problem solved. In one very occasional fight, you get one enemy that gets stealthy for 2 seconds.

That certainly doesn't warrant a racial passive.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ONLY when I am progressing that skill on a new character that I plan to run in PVP (Magelight)

Actually casting Magelight in pve doesn’t increase the rate of experience gain on that skill. It is only required to have the skill on the bar, while gaining exp. Are you actually detecting stealth units/mobs?

Should have been more clear. Was using it in darker areas to practice.

Oh
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No stealth , just kill them all or RUN till I die .

Time is money .
  • Isojukka
    Isojukka
    ✭✭✭
    I have inner light slotted but it is for the buffs not to use to detect. It also acts as a separator for my Ultimate key for those times my fingers forget where they are on the keyboard. I rather waste a bit of magicka than an Ultimate.

There is countless times when I accidently press r when I'm looting and my atro comes hang with me.
    Eso since Xbox launch and switched over to pc 1/2019.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Such a biased pool with so obvious "point to prove". Come on OP make similar one with question how many people is using stealth detection reduction in PvE.

Lots of people use that, obviously.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Let me know if you use this.

Be it a potion, or a skill.

What's the real question?
    You don't like the huge value inner light offers for PvE?

Irked at the PvP vs PvE alignment angel

Speak to us goose

@Beardimus I don’t have a problem with inner light. I don’t have a problem with pvp. My problem is with stealth detection. I was wondering who legitimately uses it on purpose in pve to justify a 100% always on passive built into the base game. I’m still searching for the person who currently (live servers today feb 2019) uses it in pve for actually the purpose of actually detecting actually.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why they can't make it highlight those trap plants and scuttleblooms in Murkmire? Just to give it a useful function for PvE that won't adversely affect PvP. My stam characters motor through Murkmire in crouch to harvest scuttleblooms and dodge trap plants but my mag characters wheeze slowly across the map as their stam pool is small. Be nice to just jog across the map and cast detect for that. I have to slot the skill for the magica passive anyway, be nice if it could have a useful functionality as well.
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on February 19, 2019 6:48AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it in vMA on the final round sometimes when I can't be bothered to deal with the nightblades.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If accidental Inner Light press counts :smiley:
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've accidentally hit the button on magelight a few times. Does that count?
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    Now I'm imagining a PVE guild playing hide and go seek

This could be fun actually. I am thinking add it to one of larger houses like large bosmer to give a sense of hunt but with limits.

Unfortunately, unless you're dueling someone, they can see you in homes regardless of stealth because you're "friendly" :)

Unless UI is turned off, that case there is no indicator whatsoever o:)
    The question is if anyone would be honest and keep it off .

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only when there’s a got dang NB hiding in a keep we just took.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only when there’s a got dang NB hiding in a keep we just took.

That’s PvP not pve...
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    Except for some overworld Nightblade mobs, there is no enemy that even uses stealth, so there is no point for stealth detect in PvE.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, on occasion, in places where I know ZOS has placed stealthed NPCs.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where would that be? Genuinely curious.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, on occasion, in places where I know ZOS has placed stealthed NPCs.

@lordrichter
    Like where?

There is a quest in Stonefalls with enemies in the fort, but those npcs are on a proximity system, not the standard stealth system that uses stealth detect.

Where have you used it?
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We use it for no-death runs in vet dungeons when going for achievements but thats literally it
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »
    We use it for no-death runs in vet dungeons when going for achievements but thats literally it

How does it help with no death runs? Genuinely curious, not a troll question.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isojukka wrote: »
    I have inner light slotted but it is for the buffs not to use to detect. It also acts as a separator for my Ultimate key for those times my fingers forget where they are on the keyboard. I rather waste a bit of magicka than an Ultimate.

There is countless times when I accidently press r when I'm looting and my atro comes hang with me.

I hear you. That is why I redefined my Ultimate key to the 6. I got tired of being embarrassed with my Atronach popping up while collecting a material node in the middle of Shornhelm. :blush:
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    de946157581984180c7402c7b4bf85b92589c505ee10270edf31c22af57a4a0f.jpg
This discussion has been closed.