Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wood Elf/ Bosmer losing stealth passive, An open letter.

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ you mean that imperial got 3% to cost reduction of everything, includin' stealth? :D
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ you mean that imperial got 3% to cost reduction of everything, includin' stealth? :D

Yup. It's just crazy. :(

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    People dont like the new racials because it isnt exactly much of an improvement. Penetration on dodge roll is laughable. i wont miss the stealth bonus if the replacement racials are good.

i don't like it because it's completely unnecessary.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    47077758802_3581155aed_b.jpg

47130106441_8ce6428031_b.jpg

47130106101_5be22e8553_b.jpg

(Sorry, I had to make these.)

Stealthier than o:)
  • Alucardmike
    Alucardmike
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    I am training for my new life in game...

https://xboxclips.com/Alucardmike/f6c86321-ff73-47d3-b710-ab9906258a0f

The last part is a little bit buggy but works after a few seconds.

Lol! I dressed my Bosmer in rags (slave outfit style) and beg for money sometimes but nobody actually ever gave me something. Maybe after the patch goes live my 810CP won't fool anyone anymore as the sight of a Bosmer alone is pitiful enough to donate?

I do this now every day for about 1 hour. (Since a week)
    In Rawl kha I got the best reactions. But I do not know how it looks on the other platforms.
    There were also people giving me food, clothings and other stuff.

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now add how the Khajiit see Bosmer.

The pack merchant in Rawl'kwa.
    66Lgqs8l.jpg

Some other Khajiit in Rawl'kwa who had something to say about Bosmer.
    4v4Avaxl.png
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why aren;t the reps bringing that part of the passive up to zos? and who else can we appeal to? zos is ignoring weeks of players voicing very strong feedback about this passive.

@TheMythicDawn
    [...] community’s concern that bosmers are trading stealth for different buffs [...]
    Dude, they talked about it. The concerns of the community about Bosmer losing stealth for different buffs nobody wants. You can call them incompetent if you want but it's not like they didn't bring it up at all. Also I suspect that ZOS is just being stubborn because they thought of something "super cool" that may not be cool in our eyes at all. Like more nerfs.

This whole debacle just pinpoints what is so fundamentally wrong with the while "class rep" system. Contrary what the names implies these players aren't the reps for the classes they are representing, ZOS treats them as freelance Community Mangers which are supposed to talk to us so that they don't have to do so. With the exception of a few notes by the dungeon lead or in cases of really drastic problems I didn't see any feedback or communication from ZOS here since quite a few months.

They couldn't even bother to include the "offical" answer anywhere in the patch notes (which basically boil down to "we maybe will do something with stealth in a few years, but Bosmer are screwed anyway now"). And I bet with you that you want see any mentions of that nerf anywhere prominently on the official communication channels (virtually nobody ever reads the patch notes).
    Not that this matters much as Stealth is broken AF in the game, when even mudcrabs can detect you and prevent you from hiding ....
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Now add how the Khajiit see Bosmer.

Some other Khajiit in Rawl'kwa who had something to say about Bosmer.
    4v4Avaxl.png

ZOS will need to change the NPC text to something like, "no need to hire a Bosmer to catch these inferior Bosmer thieves!"
  • frostitomik
    frostitomik
    ✭✭✭
    OMG this game is actually so racist. Imagine if these lines were used in some other game with actual real world races. The game would get banned.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »

Stealthier than o:)

I sensed a typo in there. I felt it. But I kept thinking it was “stealth”. :D
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Jaraal wrote: »
    My only stealth character is a bosmer nightblade who I created to do the dark brotherhood and thieves guild quests.

After years of farting about she has finally maxed both of those skill lines, just in the nick of time it appears.

She does not pvp whatsoever so the new pathetically implemented bosmer racial is both pointless and useless to her.

If ZOS is going to force us into pvp-only passives then they are just being woefully ignorant.

I do not pvp, my characters do not pvp, stop hitting us with the pvp-hammer-of-stupidity.

They have a history of making PvP tweaks to the detriment of PvE focused players. Like killing speed to 'assist in targeting of players in PvP'. They could care less about explorers, material farmers, and questers (which make up the majority of their player base), and will blanket nerf everything to quiet the complaining of the vocal minority of PvP focused players.

So yeah, taking away stealth and replacing it with PvP only benefits is totally in line with their flawed logic.

So be louder 🤔?

The only way I can think of that we can be louder is to start dropping f-bombs in the thread titles. What are we doing wrong? How can we be louder?

🤔 Use PvP> pve angle to gather support in getting balance for pve.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    This change goes against the original vision, the established precedent, in-universe realism, and the lore within the game itself.

But it sells more race change tokens. All arguments neutralized!

@WhyMustItBe I don't even think that's true. If that was the case they would have kicked Redguard off the sustain throne and replaced them with Bosmer so all the meta chasers switch to Bosmer to be "BiS" again. I suspect that Bosmer mains are more likely to stop playing than to switch to Khajiit simply to keep their sneaking passive, since they would have made a Khajiit if they wanted to play one.

Well, bosmer sustains better than redguard in 3 out of the 5 classes, arguably 4 out of the 5 and has more resistances. I would also take the pen and movement speed over the 15% multipicative snare reduction as well.

Both races need changes
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    This change goes against the original vision, the established precedent, in-universe realism, and the lore within the game itself.

@WhyMustItBe I don't even think that's true. If that was the case they would have kicked Redguard off the sustain throne and replaced them with Bosmer so all the meta chasers switch to Bosmer to be "BiS" again. I suspect that Bosmer mains are more likely to stop playing than to switch to Khajiit simply to keep their sneaking passive, since they would have made a Khajiit if they wanted to play one.

Well, bosmer sustains better than redguard in 3 out of the 5 classes, arguably 4 out of the 5 and has more resistances. I would also take the pen and movement speed over the 15% multipicative snare reduction as well.

Both races need changes

@JobooAGS Interesting. I thought Redguard was still the number one. 258 recovery doesn't sound like a lot. Even with the 20% increase from CP that's just 310 recovery. Redguards get around 380 recovery from their Adrenaline rush (if they are continuously using direct attacks and have the 8% weapon cost reduction on top (which should apply to ults too). Maybe the medium armor bonus pushes Bosmer in front of Redguard or something... but eitherway, we are here because Bosmer are supposed to be stealthy!
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

Both races need changes

@JobooAGS Interesting. I thought Redguard was still the number one. 258 recovery doesn't sound like a lot. Even with the 20% increase from CP that's just 310 recovery. Redguards get around 380 recovery from their Adrenaline rush (if they are continuously using direct attacks and have the 8% weapon cost reduction on top (which should apply to ults too). Maybe the medium armor bonus pushes Bosmer in front of Redguard or something... but eitherway, we are here because Bosmer are supposed to be stealthy!

Medium armor, cp class passives. There are alot of ways to get more regen for your buck on bosmer. Hint you only need a regen modifier of 47% to beat adrenline rush, which is stupid easy to accomplish
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P
    They are going to pax east this year. It’s a bit far but I may make a special trip this year.

By then it will have been too late I think. Maybe meeting the players would change their mind but this dev team can be stubborn
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P
    They are going to pax east this year. It’s a bit far but I may make a special trip this year.

By then it will have been too late I think. Maybe meeting the players would change their mind but this dev team can be stubborn

Well we are into the 11th hour now. My only real hope is an influx of pissed off Bosmer players next week.

I want to go and see if they can really justify the stealth nerf.

Edit: Meant to add the latest patch notes.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459684/pts-patch-notes-v4-3-4#latest
    Edited by BlueRaven on February 18, 2019 7:35PM
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BlueRaven

I’m wondering if it’s worth causing a ruckus this last week to try and force an adjustment. We’re just not getting enough support on this issue. I know personally I’ve felt defeated on and off throughout this cycle, stayed silent some days then vocal others. I think there are a lot of lurking Bosmer players that are watching this unfold, and a lot of players in game that won’t feel this until it hits them.

Well our little friends won’t be able to hide in the shadows much longer, and I fear by then it might be too late.

• Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    People dont like the new racials because it isnt exactly much of an improvement. Penetration on dodge roll is laughable. i wont miss the stealth bonus if the replacement racials are good.

That's you. They can change anything, I won't miss it, except for the stealth bonus. This is the very core of my gameplay with my main.
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    I 100% agree
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also they split the resistance passive wrong. Argonians should have got the poison half and Bosmer the disease half. Though you can argue that they both should have kept, well, both.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    Also they split the resistance passive wrong. Argonians should have got the poison half and Bosmer the disease half. Though you can argue that they both should have kept, well, both.

@Left4Daud I wouldn't say they split it wrong. It's just that they shouldn't have split it in the first place. Argonians got 100% disease resistance in Skyrim. Bosmer only 50%. But Bosmer, being able to eat raw meat and all sorts of otherwise disgusting things would make them quite resistant to both poison and diseases, while Argonians should be immune to the poisons of the swamp fauna and flora.
    That's nothing I am too upset about though. Altmer are not weaker to magic and Redguards have no poison resistance either.

It's sad that 4.3.4 has no changes whatsoever to Bosmer stealth. It will be missed a lot. Almost feels like outrage is the only valid form of criticism as any other more constructive and calm form will just get ignored... Then again, Altmer still have stamina regen.

Edit: Apparently I was wrong and Argonians only had 50% disease resist in Skyrim. Bosmer still had both poison and disease, which ZOS decided to remove because "balance".
    Edited by Ratzkifal on February 18, 2019 11:48PM
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    Well the single player games DO have racials. In skyrim for example, when you make a character each race has bonuses to certain skill lines based on race. But it is done in a subtle way which is nice.

INCORRECT.

They have STARTING bonuses to certain skills. Once a skill is maxed in the single player games, every race is statistically identical.

The equivalent in ESO is Altmer learning destruction staff quicker. Those ones are fine.

It's the other racials which need to go. All of them.

Well I would consider those racials, as the starting points of the different races are different, but I think we are just going to have an argument about semantics at this point.

Anyway, there is also this from skyrim;

Powers;

Altmer (High elf) - Highborn - Regenerate 25% of the character’s maximum magicka per second for 60 seconds.
    Argonian - Histskin - Regenerate health 10 times faster for 60 seconds.
    Bosmer (Wood Elf) - Command Animal - Make all surrounding animals your allies for 60 seconds.
    Breton - Dragonskin - Absorb 50% of magicka from all incoming spells for 60 seconds.
    Dunmer (Dark Elf) - Ancestor’s Wrath - Surrounds the character in fire for 60 seconds.
    Imperial - Voice of the Emperor - Nearby people are Calmed for 30 seconds.
    Khajiit - Night Eye - Improved Night Vision for 60 seconds (can be toggled multiple times per day).
    Nord - Battle Cry - Nearby enemies are Frightened for 30 seconds.
    Orsimer (Orc) - Berserker Rage - Take half damage and do double physical damage for 60 seconds.
    Redguard - Adrenaline Rush - Regenerate stamina 10 times faster for 60 seconds.

And these...

Altmer: +50 Magicka
    Argonian: 50% Disease Resistance, Waterbreathing
    Bosmer: 50% Resistance to both Poison and Disease
    Breton: 25% Resistance to Magic
    Dunmer: 50% Resistance to Fire Damage
    Imperial: Find more gold than usual
    Khajiit: +15 Base Unarmed Damage
    Nord: 50% Resistance to Frost Damage
    Orsimer: None
    Redguard: 50% Resistance to Poison

As you can see these are hardly balanced between the races (I had no idea until I looked it up that Orsimer had none of those racial effects, sheesh).

It's ironic that kahjits are the ones who have the improved sight in skyrim.

See why can't bosmer have that extra damage done when pets are active or even gain resource when a pet attacks a target or something? Like seriously. What's with the damn dodge roll stuff..
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm heartbroken the bosmer stealth passive removal has made it through four PTS iterations and wasn't reversed. It's like a gut punch. I log in every day, and spend plenty of cash in the crown store for my little bosmer thief. I don't do dungeons, or PVP, or trials. I steal stuff, and do housing. I've gladly paid a subscription to play my thief since April 2014.

Who is hurt by this change? The people like me, the loyal casuals who play for the lore, love the game, and keep the lights on at ZOS. Thanks.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    Masel wrote: »
    Basically, what I got from this "racial rebalancing" is that all DC races are now god-tier.

Everyone else? Pure, useless trash.

My 4 Bretons are now buffed beyond OP in magic, my 2 Redguards aren't incredibly better, but still in a decent place.

On the other hand, my 5 Bosmer and 4 Altmer characters have been gutted in the most lore-shattering way possible with Hawk's Eye and Spell Recharge. It's disgusting.

Enjoy that "diversity" they kept promoting this change would bring.

I've never seen this company fail so hard at meeting their original stated objective.

Your choice of words says that you don't understand how close all this is... No race is God tier, none is trash. Sustain races are able to use blue food and increase their damage, while damage races can use regen food and increase their sustain. At the moment, the second option is slightly better (because regen food is overloaded), but it doesnt have to stay that way.

As a mostly PvE player, what do I get from Hawk's Eye? From Spell Recharge?

Oh, that's right, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Just 3 skillpoints that got freed up to be used elsewhere.

Even a health bonus or any other sort of utility I could say would be useful in PvE, but these two? No way in hell.

Your recovery passive alone makes it huge buff for you and Bosmer very competitive, so what else do you want? 258 is amplified by up to 120% in pve, while the old passive applied to such a small value that it wasnt even noticable. I'm not saying the roll dogged passive is good, but you got a huge buff to your race right there that many here dont seem to see.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459718/are-you-happy-with-the-racial-changes-that-most-likely-will-go-live#latest

A class rep "surprised" at the negative feed back.

My response;

"The hunters eye is 100% pointless for PvE and guts a core identity trait for Bosmers, stealth. It's not useful in PvE at all and you coming on here say "well your other passives are useful" is just insulting. ALL of our passives should be useful, not SOME of them.

How many posts have been made about this on the forums? And NOW you are coming on here surprised? How cloistered are you people?"
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reading all this makes me sad. Please ZOS do smth about Bosmer Passives. Ppl rly love their Bosmer!
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "it baffles me how big of a deal these tiny differences are to many people."

Wow. That rep comment - just wow. If this is an example of how our feedback is brought to the devs its no wonder the passive came out the way it did.

Hey parses are good, everyone does pretty much the same - so its all good right? Right? Why are you getting so worked up over tiny differences! I wish I had been as eloquent as some of you - I just got angry.

Edited by anadandy on February 19, 2019 2:38AM
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is depressing to see that devs and reps cannot look beyond math. They really have no idea what's going on in their own game.

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is depressing to see that devs and reps cannot look beyond math. They really have no idea what's going on in their own game.

Well i guess they had an idea for a bigger picture. Problem is that the bigger picture seems more important than its pieces.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mxxo wrote: »

Well i guess they had an idea for a bigger picture. Problem is that the bigger picture seems more important than its pieces.

Well said and well... sad.
  • AngelicaDLynn
    AngelicaDLynn
    ✭✭✭
    This is how I see it. They have said "what do you like most about your race?" and changed it. They say they want to balance the races. Well go look at lore. The races were NOT balanced. They are not meant to be balanced. I have 4 accounts that will very likely be dormant if they keep doing these things. Leave things alone. We adapt to the issues as it is so stop trying to make up for people that made stupid race/class choices. Honestly that is all this is. People do stupid things and ZOS changes things to make it all good for dumb decisions. If you play an Altmer stam character you deserve to suck at the game.
This discussion has been closed.