The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A Crown Gift Question.

RPGplayer13579
RPGplayer13579
✭✭✭✭
Just a hypothetical. Suppose I buy a crown gift for someone and they never claim it. And I already own this item myself. Do I get my crowns back or did I just flush those crowns down the drain?
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on October 23, 2023 4:21PM
My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

Best Answers

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the gift is returned to you for regifting. You don't get the crowns back.
    Answer ✓
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Once an item is bought as a gift it's always a gift, you cannot claim it yourself even if you could use it, and you cannot get the crowns back. If the original recipient rejects it or doesn't claim it you can gift it to someone else (or to the same person again) but that's all.

Which means it's important to make sure the gift is wanted before you buy it - if you're buying an actual gift for someone make sure it's something they want and don't already have. If you're trading crowns for gold it seems unlikely they'd reject the gift (they're more likely to take it and not pay) but if so you'll have to find another buyer for that item.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Answer ✓
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I looked at the crown store to find the product the customer wanted. When I asked them if this was correct, they said yes. It was the first item in group. I clicked it, not really looking again but it was the wrong Crown Crafting Motif (had no idea there was more than one type .... ) The customer paid me 7.5M and of course I just purchased the right item. They promptly sent the item back. They then bought another item for 5000 crowns and sent gold. Transactions were good. But I'm stuck with the gift I sent by mistake. I have the gift in my returns. The crown buyer acted honestly and sent the one I made the mistake on back. No one is to blame except me making a mistake.

Now, I guess I will get back a 5000 crown gift Crown Crafting Motif: Kindred's Council. So 5000 crowns wasted. I had planned on using these crowns to buy sky shards for a new character. Is there any way to make an exchange? I don't know anyone that would want this and would have to sell in zone chat. I don't want the crowns but exchange for sky shards. I really don't feel comfortable spamming zone chat trying to sell that Crown Crafting Motif: Kindred's Council (I don't even know what it is).

Not like I won't buy more crowns in the future, even if these 5000 are wasted. But would be nice if I could use them. I suppose I could donate them to the only trade guild I'm in as a nice auction item (provided anyone wants these things). I was suppose to donate a 1200 crown auction item but I guess it would be okay to change to this.
    Edited by darvaria on October 23, 2023 10:51AM
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darvaria wrote: »
    I looked at the crown store to find the product the customer wanted. When I asked them if this was correct, they said yes. It was the first item in group. I clicked it, not really looking again but it was the wrong Crown Crafting Motif (had no idea there was more than one type .... ) The customer paid me 7.5M and of course I just purchased the right item. They promptly sent the item back. They then bought another item for 5000 crowns and sent gold. Transactions were good. But I'm stuck with the gift I sent by mistake. I have the gift in my returns. The crown buyer acted honestly and sent the one I made the mistake on back. No one is to blame except me making a mistake.

Now, I guess I will get back a 5000 crown gift Crown Crafting Motif: Kindred's Council. So 5000 crowns wasted. I had planned on using these crowns to buy sky shards for a new character. Is there any way to make an exchange? I don't know anyone that would want this and would have to sell in zone chat. I don't want the crowns but exchange for sky shards. I really don't feel comfortable spamming zone chat trying to sell that Crown Crafting Motif: Kindred's Council (I don't even know what it is).

Not like I won't buy more crowns in the future, even if these 5000 are wasted. But would be nice if I could use them. I suppose I could donate them to the only trade guild I'm in as a nice auction item (provided anyone wants these things). I was suppose to donate a 1200 crown auction item but I guess it would be okay to change to this.
    Try submitting a suppirt ticket. There's an accidentally bought the wrong item option, they should be able to help out.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Closing this thread do to it be a necro thread. If you have a question, please start a new thread as to keep the conversation relevant, rather than reviving an older thread that had the initial question solved. Thank you.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.