The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

is this game going to get HDR support and nvidia dlxs or ray tracing?

TraumaHawk
TraumaHawk
✭✭
title says it all is this game going to get HDR support and nvidia dlxs or ray tracing?
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not. The systems that the game is based on don't have native support for those technologies, so ZOS would have to build compatibility from scratch. That'd be a whole lot of work for a disproportionately small payoff, so I don't see them doing that.

Whatever project they're working on next might have them though.
    PC-NA Goat
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say your guess is as good as mine. I haven't seen any official announcements for getting support for these so I guess it'll depend on whether they decide to add it in at any point.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2/3 of the machines are AMD based at least so 2/3 wont benefit, so just time wasted...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HDR, sure. It's already available on consoles for this game.

Ray tracing? Of course not. Not even the latest AAA games have RT. The technology simply isn't there yet to support it. An RTX 2080 TI can't even hold 60 fps at 1080p with RT on. We're at least 2 GPU generations away from RT being a standard feature in games.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 16, 2019 6:42AM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they can add VXAO as optional AO and/or HFTS for shadows. Or any other tech used to simulate ray tracing but only and only for shadows (basically it's just a deep shadow here and brighter shadow there - short explanation of shadow ray tracing lol) like in AC:O and other modern games.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rtx in Eso ?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL...... imagen cyrodiil LOOOOOOOOOL

okay seriously you can use HDR if your display or TV supports it just run the game in Windowedfullscreen or borderless windowed..
    and the game wont overwrite your HDR enabled Screen and wont turn it off and your Display will put the HDR colors on the game...

thats what im doing in ALL of my games playing everything in HDR even really old games.
    Edited by Zordrage on February 16, 2019 7:37AM
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're lucky to have Soft-Shadows, HBAO & Sun-rays; let alone that the game is 3D! Such luxuries already
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TraumaHawk wrote: »
    title says it all is this game going to get HDR support and nvidia dlxs or ray tracing?

Console master race

HDR is mint on Xbox One X!

Join the club
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Console master race

Join the club

I did join the club. Now I need a HDR TV. :p
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah. This game will die as ugly as it looks now.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Instead of wasting dev time on crap that is barely noticeable, I want them to actually fix how characters load and persist in memory instead OR give the players an option to use more RAM/VRAM because the client sucks at managing it, esp. in Cyrodiil.

The client needs to actually be GOOD before you can worry about adding more things that can result in even worse performance than now.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ray tracing? Most likely not.

DLSS? I would hope so.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ray tracing? Of course not. Not even the latest AAA games have RT. The technology simply isn't there yet to support it. An RTX 2080 TI can't even hold 60 fps at 1080p with RT on. We're at least 2 GPU generations away from RT being a standard feature in games.

This.

The "Cool New Feature!" takes a good while to actually spread into use. Whether it's the latest buzzword pushed by a GPU company, or the latest trick of a new DX edition. But that won't stop people who've been taken in by marketing ("New 4D Subsurface Array Transaxial Space Warping!™ You Gotta Have It!") from asking why it hasn't been patched into their favorite older game.
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on February 16, 2019 5:34PM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Console master race

Join the club

Erm... I play on my PC connected to an HDR-capable TV and ESO has HDR mode there as well. It's very noticeable with a higher max brightness and much more saturated colours. And because Windows 10 still doesn't handle HDR very well and keeps turning it on and off, e.g. when you alt-tab out of the game, you can see the game with and without HDR mode and the huge difference between the two.
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Instead of wasting dev time on crap that is barely noticeable

Say what you will about priorities, HDR is *the* most noticeable thing in basically any game. More than resolution or texture size.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a 2070 and zero interest in ESO pushing the enveloper for graphics tech. This has never been a game I came to for visuals. I'm fine with good enough.
  • Amksed1991
    Amksed1991
    ✭✭✭
    They would be better off modifying the game to make use of Multi Core CPUs and utilize your GPU more.
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amksed1991 wrote: »
    They would be better off modifying the game to make use of Multi Core CPUs and utilize your GPU more.

This, the game uses 58% of my gpu - gtx 1060 even with -3 in ini for much much better texture quality than you can get in game tho it loves to hammer my cpu at 100% on all cores - 8 core 4.3ghz here to tho it never gets past 61c ish so i don't worry about it

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Instead of wasting dev time on crap that is barely noticeable, I want them to actually fix how characters load and persist in memory instead OR give the players an option to use more RAM/VRAM because the client sucks at managing it, esp. in Cyrodiil.

The client needs to actually be GOOD before you can worry about adding more things that can result in even worse performance than now.

HDR is far more significant than any resolution bump.
  • NocturnalSonata
    NocturnalSonata
    ✭✭✭

Which is why i consider it stupid that rtx is even being released. A 2060 with rtx on is a sure way to gimp your fps into unplayable territory. The 2080ti may fair better on lesser games (if there were any with tracing) but on AAA graphically demanding titles, it is a gimmick.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Which is why i consider it stupid that rtx is even being released. A 2060 with rtx on is a sure way to gimp your fps into unplayable territory. The 2080ti may fair better on lesser games (if there were any with tracing) but on AAA graphically demanding titles, it is a gimmick.

3D glasses is a gimmick. Tangible measurable lighting physics that produces substantial improvements to visual quality is not a gimmick. The tech not being affordable or practically applied to modern games is not really a gimmick, its simply an attempt to cash in on something prematurely.