The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is "Haven of Ursus" the Only Set which Allows Players to Proc Equipped "Synergy Sets"?

beadabow
beadabow
✭✭✭
I paired 5 pieces of Haven of Ursus with 5 pieces of Alkosh to test it's functionality on a couple of my characters and discovered that yes, Ursus procs Alkosh. I also used two Shacklebreaker rings with Harmony traits to give a little boost to the synergy and ran normal Eldenroot Hollow I (solo) for my experiment. Though, in the end, I concluded there are many other set pairs I would prefer to use over this combination of sets, I still enjoyed using it for soloing content. I also discovered that werewolves cannot synergize the Ursus shield when it procs, thus no Alkosh self-proc for werewolves. Oh well.

I think the novelty of the Ursus set is- it is the only set I know of that procs a synergy, and can therefore be used effectively with sets that proc from activating a synergy. This can be especially useful in solo situations. Are there any other sets that proc a synergy that anyone knows of?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 22, 2022 1:43PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe werewolf didn't work because u had alakosh on weapons? Try using ww when both sets are not on weapons.
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh, thank you for that! Will do, and will post what I discover.
    Edited by beadabow on February 16, 2019 1:16PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Phew , almost thought someone figured out how to really use this set. My goodness, had a little sweat there.
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! The world may never know!
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Self-Synergizing sounds dirty for some reason.
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    Any update if u got it working in WW, also whats this secret? :wink:
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Maybe werewolf didn't work because u had alakosh on weapons? Try using ww when both sets are not on weapons.

What ? Werewolf does not lose set bonus from weapon slots when transformed, only the weapon lines passives.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    I apologize for the delay, I have not done MoL since posting, so still need some alkosh pieces to experiment with the synergizing. Running MoL tommorow night. Wish me luck! Oh, and what secret? (coughs). Poker face.
    Edited by beadabow on March 2, 2019 11:45PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The title confused me too, lol.

It would be awesome to have a set that allows us to activate our own synergies. Now that would make some new interesting builds.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies for the confusion. Now that would be something! No, the proc for the Ursus set allows players to activate its synergy, which- in turn- can cause sets with "upon activating a synergy" requirements (Alkosh is used in this example) to proc.

As a follow on to a previous reply, I did not get any Alkosh pieces in last night's MoL So, if anyone would like to test the werewolf not able to proc alkosh when synergizing Ursus (because of having Alkosh weapons equipped). Please try combining the two sets with Ursus weapons vice alkosh weapons, and while in werewolf form see if Alkosh procs. Please let me know your results in this thread. If you don't feel like risking allowing your health to drop below 50%, I imagine drinking a strong level X ravage health potion might achieve the results in a vacuum test environment, though this won't work on high health characters, lol!
    Edited by beadabow on March 4, 2019 12:57PM
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    Update: As of the latest experiments, I was able to proc Alkosh in werewolf form using the Ursus synergy with Alkosh weapons equipped on both bars over multiple attempts in both pve and pvp settings.
    Edited by beadabow on March 11, 2019 10:48AM
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is that what they call it now?
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    I edited the title to clear up the confusion.
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Essence Thief would work too... you have to catch a floating essence though, reason why I never tried the set :p
  • Fizzyapple
    Fizzyapple
    ✭✭✭
    I just want the leaf animation.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in February 2019. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.