The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Farm/ranch house

rexagamemnon
rexagamemnon
✭✭✭✭✭
Would you like to see @ZOS make a farm or Ranch home, with cattle, horses, crops, fish hatchery, and bee keeps, and various other livestock? Perhaps in Nord style, or Imperial style, or what ever style you think would be best that you are willing to comment on in the comment section. Please comment all your thiught and ideas on this subject, thank you very much community. Let’s continue to keep striving to always improve and make ESO great. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert

#makeImperialsgreatagain

Farm/ranch house 109 votes

Yes, a farm/ranch would be great.
95%
laurajfPinesyThrudra_Magia Klemenziusb16_ESOIruil_ESOTurelusSantieClawsNarthalionb92303008rwb17_ESONataladogmaticus83CastanamereDinnoslavDovahkiin804Darkhorse1975zyntexCloudtraderreoskitMornaBaineAmphithoe 104 votes
No, i think @zos should make this instead (insert idea)
1%
notimetocareShinshadow 2 votes
other comment related to this discussion
2%
FuterkoRespect4Eldersghastley 3 votes
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, seeing how many "farming" themed pets we get recently (pigs, roosters, dogs), it would be suitable.

But, I would actually like to see some farming functionality too, like gardening, vegetables patch etc that would produce some cooking ingredients, before buying any farm-themed housing.

And it would be great, if we could also produce some new "rare" ingredients that way, used in recipes and new furnishings. Because producing just simple ingredients will get boring very soon without any goal behind it
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on February 14, 2019 12:45PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion yes! I've been asking for empty paddocks for ages, this would be just as welcome.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! There are several in game already - Cyrodiil (could be ported to a less problematic area) with a little animal pen and a fenced garden. Summerset - with the greenhouse/vineyards. Eastmarch - the meadery that has all the beehives.

• Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I want a farm so badly!
    Would be so nice to have a place for all the goats and chicken and piggies and cats and dogs and horses and ... all the others. And while we're at it, let us have sheep and cows as well.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the ability to do some gardening and to be able to grow crafting materials. Nothing as convoluted as Final Fantasy XIV but maybe something a little more sophisticated than the farm from Mysts of Panderia.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please! Perhaps they'll add a moonsugar plantation with Elsweyr :wink: And most importantly: make the ground actual soil-coloured please... there are already some houses with nice gardens that could be converted into farms if they weren't covered with grass patches and random flowers!!! I can't plant carrots in a flowerbed, ZOS, okay??? (Pls make it happen :lol:)
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Something like the crafting station farm outside Linchal Manor would be awesome
    Ps4 EU
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see problems. The homes need an enclosure to make them work as instanced locations, and a farm is hard to wall off. You'd really need to add them as a whole new category of housing to let livestock have a separate limit from whatever collection they currently belong to. And then there's the question of what's a pet, and what's a farm animal.

But I do think they could make some moves in that direction. Maybe adding small homes with yards that have large home limits for the animals, but keep the same overall slot count.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think a way around this would be to have the home have a yard/whatever on the outside - that was inaccessible other than to view, and have the portal into the house be a gate in the fence or some such. Then you port into your instance and have the real yard/farm/land.

They've already done this sort of with the ship home - you climb a rope ladder and magically you're in this grotto with a big island and ruins you can't see from the outside. Now granted the argument could be you're "sailing" to that island after you climb the rope but....

Honestly - I think most housing enthusiasts would be willing to handwave an outside appearance that's different from the inside appearance to get a fenced yard or paddock - we pretty much do that already with the mismatched windows, etc. :)
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take a farm with a large barn and some crop fields. Medium house with a lot land.

Also a ranch with a large stables and a medium house also some grassy hills and a river.
  • Futerko
    Futerko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i barely say yes for this topic, but first even if they give us farm i want too see zenimax, add to the game useful furnishing item for farm:

1. item you put on the ground and choose what grows out of it (alchemy garden)
    2. More fences
    3. More item like Snow Pile, Large, some kind of mud, slop etc.

YOUTUBE CHANNEL HOUSING/OUTFITS

GM Aetherius Art - Housing Guild (PC EU)
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really really want a beehive furnishing schematik. Please zos ^^
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is what is missing right now in housing - there are so many farms all over the map, and they are such an essential part of daily life in Tamriel - seems odd that we don't have one for ourselves already.

Though, I do think that you could make a reasonably decent looking farm in one of the existing houses if you liked.
    There is certainly provision for making an Orchard / Winery. I turned my little Black Vine Villa into a Winery with adjoining Vineyard, but the yard is too small to accommodate a full farmyard.

Any house with a decent outside space could be turned into a farm.
    There's a thread in here somewhere about creating a barn for animals with some good examples.

You may have just inspired me to give this a try :) Just not sure which house would work best.
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    I was literally just sitting here thinking - I wish our homes were like Hearthfire from Skyrim, where we could harvest crops. Perhaps that owuld be good?
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I still want ESO to present us with a dedicated farm house, I thought of transmogrifying one of my homes to a widdle farm. Unfortunately, though, I feel none of the ones I own is suited: too much grass, not enough grass, too many rocks, too much sand...
    The witches hut has a few patches of pumpkins, but that's mainly due to the Halloween-themed decoration I chose for the site.
    I'm thinking of the house just outside of Riften. It has a wonderful barn and decent outside space. Problem is I would have to buy it first...
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, i think @zos should make this instead (insert idea)
    Just add the furniture to do that. No need for a new house
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice.

Although, seeing as the recent pig pet was only available through gifting and I had only just gifted something about 2 days before to someone (right at the end of January!), which didn't qualify, it has kind of dampened my enthusiasm for the whole farming idea.

Just sell stuff for a fair price, ZoS.
    Edited by Tigerseye on March 15, 2019 3:32PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, for it to be a proper farm, we would need little herds of cattle, flocks of sheep, gaggles of geese and so on...

Not just one, or two, of everything, standing about mournfully, lol.
    Edited by Tigerseye on March 15, 2019 3:27PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes.

It is time for Farmer Puddle's Sugar Farm to move to larger premises.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While I still want ESO to present us with a dedicated farm house, I thought of transmogrifying one of my homes to a widdle farm. Unfortunately, though, I feel none of the ones I own is suited: too much grass, not enough grass, too many rocks, too much sand...
    The witches hut has a few patches of pumpkins, but that's mainly due to the Halloween-themed decoration I chose for the site.
    I'm thinking of the house just outside of Riften. It has a wonderful barn and decent outside space. Problem is I would have to buy it first...

Old Mistveil is definitely the best smallholding option.

I have converted the barn into a crafting area, in mine, but still have a couple of chickens up in the loft. :smile:
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Old Mistveil is definitely the best smallholding option.
    I have converted the barn into a crafting area, in mine, but still have a couple of chickens up in the loft. :smile:

My Mistveil has all my goats, my horse and black and white pig. Then I ran out of room for special collectibles :(
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a farm...an herb and flower garden as well. I'm picturing fruit trees, vineyards, etc. It would be fabulous if it was something that you had to actually maintain that would produce varying amounts depending on how well they were cared for. I love the idea of being able to farm on your own land, in addition to being able to find resources out in the open world.
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YEEEESSS!

And generally, they should add farm animals as a type of animated furnishing - so that they don't take slots from collectibles. I would love to fill my gardens with sheep, cows, chickens, etc. And even horses, goats and pigs that are not the non-combat pet kind.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, if we can use animals and creatures that we like.
    For example, as a Dunmer Id have some nix-ox instead of bulls and cows, guars instead of horses, bantam guars instead of chicken, nix-hounds instead of dogs.
    And crops would be ash yam, saltrice, some mushrooms.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds kind of nice
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to see a simple, humble farmstead home.
    Maybe something tucked away in hidden valley that you access through a small cave opening in the boundaries of Summerset.
    See video below
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvCptC3Mzm8

All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would prefer medium size so it can be properly decorated though
  • zyntex
    zyntex
    ✭✭
    I would love t o have a more "functional" home/house/place!

Maybe with some spots where random resources of profession x spawn on a 24/28/72 hour rotation to be fair (eg. small: 3, medium: 6 and large: 9 spots for resources). In my opinion that would need to be random to not have players only "plant" the most expansive/needed ones.

In regards to provisioning however I could imagine something like a field where you can craft/purchase plots to grow fruits/vegetables, maybe introduce seeds and give us a gardening skill line that would be awesome.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes a farm would be sick. And without a huge wall too like every other house. Just a fence is fine. Invisible wall doesn’t bother me. I like to look out at the land instead of being so enclosed when I’m feeding my horse.
  • Romestamo
    Romestamo
    ✭✭
    I think an Alinor vineyard would be perfect. They could use the Manor of Masques as the base for the manor house. But any kind of farms would be good. To deal with the instancing problem, they could put the estate on an island or in a mountain valley.