Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trials need to be added to the Group Finder

majulook
majulook
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently you have to beg / spam chat to find a group for Trials, adding Trials to the Group Finder would be a great QoL change.
Edited by majulook on February 14, 2019 4:24PM
Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Isojukka
    Isojukka
    ✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    Currently you have to beg / spam chat to find a group for Trials, adding Trials to the Group Finder would be a great QoL change.

I agree, but usually you find trial group from your guild, and if you join trial group made from zone chat, it's not gonna be good time.
    Eso since Xbox launch and switched over to pc 1/2019.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is true. At least normal trials. Sometimes you just want to run nSO/nAA but it can be a chore to put a group together and guilds don’t even run those all that often anymore. At least not the ones I’m in. On the other hand I can justness imagine the issues that would pop up with a 12 person group finder.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it works, it would be great. When it doesn't work, you'll have a fake tank(s) wasting the time of 10 or 11 other people. Also, don't forget the people complaining about the insanely long queue times because of the lack of tanks and healers to begin with.

In theory it would be fine, but people would find a way to muck it up worse than 4 man dungeons currently.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isojukka wrote: »
    majulook wrote: »

I agree, but usually you find trial group from your guild, and if you join trial group made from zone chat, it's not gonna be good time.

I play mostly in the afternoon eastern US, so no guilds that do trials have people available at that time. I have been in a few guilds that do trial, and they play nights almost exclusively.

I do mostly normal trials, since it is pug. But I have done a few vet trials on the weekends.

I just want to play the game but the its getting frustrating that you are forced to stay in Craglorn not doing anything but looking in chat for a group. If it was in the group finder, at least I could do some dailies while waiting for a group.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been asked for a lot and I for one wish they would do it for the normal runs with say at least 300 cp.
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    For fake tanks and healers to queue up lol
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree, would be lovely
    at a place nobody knows
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree, providing it’s only for normal.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we asking for lfr now?
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pls join a guild instead, group finder for dungeons is a painful enough experience.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. Just no. a LFR group finder group will never have a chance at some of them, have you seen todays pugs in nTrials? well, those runs have at least a few people knowing what to do and they can still end up whiping and giving up on first whipe. Pass pass pass pass.

This will just be the same as LFR in WoW, what did it do? Nothing good. Go craglorn and find someone in zone that are making the group, how hard can it be?
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. Add trials to LFG and shutdown PC-EU for good.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For fake tanks and healers to queue up lol

If you fake queue into a trial, you deserve to have your *** removed with hot pliers. There would have to be some sort of punitive measure in place for that.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a perfect world, the Group Finder would be a great way to get a Trials group.

Unfortunately, we are in Tamriel. Even for Normal, Healing and Tanking is a thing for Trials. You don't have a tank, or 3, that know what they are doing and healers that can heal efficiently, your trial experience will suffer. Badly.

Join a Social Guild that runs Trials or a dedicated Trials/Dungeon Guild. Most of them are not Leet-Twits that have insane performance demands. A lot of these guilds are just players that want to do the content.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Trikie_Dik
    Trikie_Dik
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention that most trials don't require the same group comp where a solo tank is fine for one group but others may want two. Then you add variables like basement mechanics on CR and runners for the backyard on MoL and you quickly have more requirements to form the group then a generic group finder can propose.

Best advice is to find a guild who rosters trials daily, then get in on the train there. The guild I run for PC-NA rosters one of every normal trial per week and then follows that with 3-5 vet trials or normal +1, +2, +3 runs such as nAS+2 or nCR+3.

If your interested in checking it out shoot me a message, but at the same time I know there are a lot of guilds just like ours who do the same exact thing - just gotta find one that works for you! Good luck!!
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever been to Craglorn?
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS is not going to do it if you guys don't come up with "Trial Ideas" to make trial finder, (fake news) and just keep posting Trial finder or Trial ideas topics like crazy.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would fall victim to the ways of the current groupfinder: dps queuing as tanks and healers to bypass the queue and screw it up for everyone.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |