The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Crown store motifs

Gregory_Mordyval
Hello all,

I am pretty sure that this topic been discussed here somewhere, but I would like just ask about info below:

- can you confirm that Crown store motif is applicable only on character and not for the account?
- does the CSM (Crown Store Motif) give to user option to transform any amor to the specific CSM what you just bought, as it was for example with Imperial race from the start?
- will the complete CSM shows in Outfit menu and gives you the option to transform any amor your wear to this motif or it only opens the option to craft gear with this specific motif?

Thank you for more info and useful details.

Have an amazing gaming experience. :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they're per character. I have used a couple so can confirm that.
    No it doesn't give a transform option, just to craft them or use them in the outfit system.
    Whole motif will be in the outfit system to create an outfit overlay.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All motifs to actually make the gear are character specific. If you have a smith/woodworker/clothier character, that is the one you'd best use your motifs on. The character that learns the motif is the only one that can craft gear in that style.

Any motif that your character learns can be used by *any* character in your account at the *outfit* station to make a costume. Not real gear; a costume.
  • Gregory_Mordyval
    JKorr wrote: »
    All motifs to actually make the gear are character specific. If you have a smith/woodworker/clothier character, that is the one you'd best use your motifs on. The character that learns the motif is the only one that can craft gear in that style.

Any motif that your character learns can be used by *any* character in your account at the *outfit* station to make a costume. Not real gear; a costume.

Oh so if I use that motif on my craft character it appears as outfit in entire account for all characters?

Thank you for your help and more info.

Great day guys.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a better question why do they cost 5000 crowns lmao
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »

So that they are pay-for-convenience items for people who don't want to acquire them by in-game means without discouraging people from actually acquiring them by in-game means. If you want Ra Gada, for example, quick and easy, you can buy it from the crown store and not have to farm Craglorn chests or buy with gold (even though its much cheaper in guild stores.)

At least, that's the original thought. ZOS has messed with that recently, from delaying dungeon motifs to making Welkynar a terrible grind to acquire in game.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying a motiv in the crown store gives you a motiv book, use it on your main crafting character to lean that motiv on that character.
    With all that implies, no more and no less.
    Meaning no transforming stuff, but adding the whole motiv to the outfit system to use on outfits for all your characters.
    ...because capitalism?
    All of those motivs are either you -play- for it, or you -pay- for it!

The only motivs you cannot get through playing (Grim Harlequin for example) are a bit cheaper at 3000 as I recall... limited time offers of course, to tempt more people in spending their crowns.
    Like I said... capitalism.
    But hey, without such "greed", all we'd get to play is Tetris, so... ;)
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cuz zos