Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Player home in Orsinium

MattT1988
MattT1988
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I apologise if this topic has been done to death, I didn’t find much on it when I did a search.

Is there any chance of a player home becoming available in Orsinium itself? The actual city? That could be bought with gold instead of crowns? Even if it’s just an inn room. We have one each in Vivec City and Alinor. Why not have one in Orsinium too?
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    A room or small house in Orsinium would be very nice.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice, but they only add inn rooms to Chapters (Vivec and Alinor), not DLCs which Orsinium is.

ZOS probably don't feel like adding small homes is worth the effort and the profit, since they can develop giant crown store monstrosities instead and sell those. It also creates a sense of scarcity for those locations and architectural styles and drives players towards those larger purchases they wouldn't actually need if there were smaller homes on the market.

Want a Clockwork themed inn room in the Brass Fortress? Well tough luck, buy the 12k+ crown-exclusive Observatory, that's the only option. Want a clan stronghold in Orsinium? How about this 13k+ mountain instead that's not even available for purchase most of the time? Want a Nibenese style townhouse on the Gold Coast? Sorry nah, 14k+ limited time villa only. Want a Thieves Guild hideout in Abah's Landing? You said a 14k+ palace right, here you go. Want an Argonian house in the stilt-house or stone-nest styles? 15k+ island and 15k+ xanmeer, or stay in your mudhuts. :confused::rage::cry: This crownstore upselling really contributes to a large amount of frustration players have with the game's housing system.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought every city should have a Inn room n apt
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a player home in Writhgar. It is up near the Dungeon entrance. And it's one of those huge homes that are a pain to use or decorate.

We need a home in the capital city.
    Edited by Nestor on February 13, 2019 6:34PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think he means in city itself , pinnacle is next too the dungeon. I have pinnacle and decorated it unfurnished was a lot fun.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on February 13, 2019 3:32PM
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    There is a player home in Writhgar. It is up near the Trial entrance. And it's one of those huge homes that are a pain to use or decorate.

I didn’t say Wrothgar. I said Orsinium. The capital city itself.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should add Inn rooms n apts to every city especially Anvil I take a Inn room just to have that view of port. I was so mad both homes are by Kavatch and nothing at Anvil.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on February 13, 2019 3:36PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought every city should have a Inn room n apt
    I know right, that would be a dream come true! :heart: Some zones have three reasonably-sized different gold-available homes (Auridon, Glenumbra, Stonefalls) while others have only crown-exclusives, and even those for a limited time only (Wrothgar, Gold Coast, etc...) :confused:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    There is a player home in Writhgar. It is up near the Trial entrance. And it's one of those huge homes that are a pain to use or decorate.

And I agreed with you. Orsinium is the Capital of Wrothgar. However people who refer the zone use both names so I was clarifying the housing
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the Inn rooms being chapter-only, but the next step up is the Apartment, (Flaming Nix, Barbed Hook, Sisters of the Sands) which would be appropriate for Orsinium.

I want a Small or Medium, too, especially a crescent longhouse.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take an inn room there at this point. Anything.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have something in the lower tiers of housing inside or just outside the major DLC cities so they are relatively close to a wayshrine. Even though gold isn't an issue I still use them as a free port node and as a place to get access to storage chests.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »

And I agreed with you. Orsinium is the Capital of Wrothgar. However people who refer the zone use both names so I was clarifying the housing

I beg your pardon. I must of misinterpreted your post.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree - I just finished off the last of Orsinium on an alt, and was reminded again how cool the housing is. Would love an inn room or apartment, maybe above the bathhouse :)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This has been requested probably since housing launched but certainly after Morrowind came out with three houses (not counting Tel Galen, since that was Crowns only).

But, even with Morrowind, it was lacking a small home/apartment. The free inn room is a nice size, but it can only hold 15/30 items. Then, we got a medium home and a large home, both of which are very nice.

Then, Summerset came and gave us another free inn room and just a large home (not counting the Grotto, since that was Crowns only).

At this rate, we may only get a free inn room with Elsweyr, with any other housing being locked behind the Crown Store.

Also, we finally got a home for the New Life Festival, but it was locked behind the CS. It was also a very gimmicky home that tried to tick too many boxes (light house, snowy home, NL Festival home). I don't recall what size the home was (did it allow 400 or 600 slots w/ESO+?).

Frostvault Chasm (Cavern?) is a medium sized home, so I'm assuming the price for it will be in line with other medium homes, which is great. But, as others have pointed out, it seems a bit large to be a medium home. I've toured it myself, and the actual "house" space seems to fit a medium size, but being in a large cavern makes it look larger than it probably is. I seem to recall reading that there's a lot of space there where you can't build. If that's the case, then medium could fit, but we all know how wildly varied the sizes of homes are in each category.

It's possible that the reason for non-gold homes in the DLC areas (ones that weren't previously chapters) is that they don't want players to be able to just sub for a month to have access to a DLC area just to buy the house with gold. However, if the houses in those areas were apartments (which cost 600 crowns unfurnished/800 furnished), it would be a waste of money to sub for a month ($15) in order to buy an apartment with gold, when one could just buy it for 600 crowns. Thus, I think apartments could be feasible to offer in those areas for a gold price. Heck, even free inn rooms would be nice, and if a player subbed for a month just to get the inn room, then ZOS would make money since inn rooms aren't in the CS.