The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

City Guards Bug

kateistan1628
kateistan1628
Soul Shriven
Was pickpocketing in Vvardenfell on Sunday Feb 10 on my character Witten-Sanchez, gamer tag omgvspink. A guard noticed me, began pursuing me inside of Sadrith Mora counselor chambers. I successfully got out of the mushroom after 20-30 seconds of not being hit or immobilized. HE then immobilized me -- not chained, but immobilized -- me back in to the mushroom, therefore killing me! I have never, ever been killed from immobilization, let alone immobilization that caused me to teleport back INSIDE the mushroom??? I lost about $10,000.00 worth of pickpocketed items, probably 20-30 items most of them green! I am a level 20 ledgermain and can sell things to the fence for a higher value. IF THIS THREAD IT READ AND YOU FEEL LIKE YOU WANT TO HELP ME, I AM OK WITH ACCEPTING A PENALTY OF WHAT THE ITEM IS ACTUALLY WORTH AND NOT THE HIGHER PERCENTAGE.
I sent in 2 tickets, I have responded to one of them, and have not received an e-mail back since Sunday. I stated I sent in 2 tickets and have contacted all the relevant people.
Question Reference # 190210-002236. The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 02/10/2019 01:14 PM Greetings, We have passed your concerns on to the relevant team. Please note that you can always submit feedback directly to the Developers by typing /feedback into your chat box on PC or using the in-game Player Menu and selecting "Help" > "Submit Feedback" on console. (I DID) You can also submit feedback for the Developers by posting details on The Elder Scrolls Online official forums here. (DOING THAT NOW) You will not receive a reply to your feedback, but rest assured that it is extremely helpful to the Dev Team! (BUT THEY CONTACTED PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT RESPONDED WHAT DO I DO NOW)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were pulled back in due to lag. The guard actually snared you inside, but lag allowed your local client to let you get outside. When the client caught up with the server, you were back inside.

As for losing your stuff, that is really on you. The riskiest places to steal from are interiors with guards. That is the only place where you will not be able to get away from them consistently. So, Fence before you steal from risky places.

As for the values, not sure what your concerned about. The value of the item is what it is, you get a bonus only upon Fencing it. Until you actually Fence the items, stolen loot is just taking up bag space. So you only lost the potential to exchange items for gold, not the gold itself. You never had the gold as you never fenced the items. Again, Fence before you engage in risky behaviour.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"