Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buff Magika Warden please

drakeos99
drakeos99
✭✭✭
I do like the class but cannot play this if it's doing low DPS in raids/end game contents :( wondering if can buff for PvE (so people who can main magden to 810+)
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We're advocating for buffs. Frost Discord specifically is looking at giving them more dps skills via reworks and group utility to make cryomancers viable and a thing in pve.

While also improving tanking and dpsing with the staff as it's a lazily designed and janky weapon now.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on February 11, 2019 10:22PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the changes coming in the Wrathstone DLC Magicka Warden DPS is closer to the other classes due to indirect buffs, like Ancient Knowledge change. They are still less but the upcoming DLC did improve some things.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    With the changes coming in the Wrathstone DLC Magicka Warden DPS is closer to the other classes due to indirect buffs, like Ancient Knowledge change. They are still less but the upcoming DLC did improve some things.

Some new frost damage skills with more interesting effects than "raw damage" please...
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't buff MagDen without making them even more monstrous in PvP...
  • drakeos99
    drakeos99
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to main Frost warden if damage werent under 50k :( aka bottom of tops chart we should be like near sorc/dk
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »

Depends on how you look at things. They only have 1 real skill that snares you and that's Sleet Storm and it's morphs, a 200 cost ultimate. Winter's Revenge has an overwritten snare in Frostden's case.

Snares do need addressing for sure and since it's a major pain point right now it's likely that it will be looked at soon. In regards to the rest of Frostden, Any class can pick up a frost staff and use wall. Frostdens don't rack up the most damage but their survival is quite good and they have some passive synergy as well as Permafrost/Northern Storm. If snares are nerfed and nothing else happens, Frostden is becomes useless and everyone goes back to regular magden which is alright but nothing special. Class is definitely in need of new and interesting frost dps skills and providing group utility to the magden in PvE.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on February 12, 2019 12:10PM
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see the removal of double casting fletcher infection and then increase it's damage and make it like poison injection. This would increase magden damage while not adding to stamdens power.

I'd also like to see something added to our spammable mag birds. It's so damn boring and needs something..

I play my magden as more of a druid and not a cryomancer so I tend to lean toward the animal line for my hope for dps increase but if it went to ice I'd be fine with it.

Our whole rotation is so clunky with all of the double cast this, double barred ultimates, and wait 3 seconds for that I just wish the whole class was re-looked at. Most other classes are able to smoothly move from one attack to the other seamlessly. Counting 3 mississippi and wondering if you casted one or was it two flies in a game built for faster combat than the old school MMOs had doesn't work real great.
    Edited by Zardayne on February 12, 2019 7:34PM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »
    I'd love to see the removal of double casting fletcher infection and then increase it's damage and make it like poison injection. This would increase magden damage while not adding to stamdens power.

I'd also like to see something added to our spammable mag birds. It's so damn boring and needs something..

I play my magden as more of a druid and not a cryomancer so I tend to lean toward the animal line for my hope for dps increase but if it went to ice I'd be fine with it.

Our whole rotation is so clunky with all of the double cast this, double barred ultimates, and wait 3 seconds for that I just wish the whole class was re-looked at. Most other classes are able to smoothly move from one attack to the other seamlessly. Counting 3 mississippi and wondering if you casted one or was it two flies in a game built for faster combat than the old school MMOs had doesn't work real great.

I totally agree. Most of our skills are just raw damage and so damn boring. They feel utterly lazy. Poison injection swarm is such a common suggestion and its a good suggestion too. Id be happy with seeing it. I understand if you like the druid aspect more and thank you for not wanting to throw cryomancer under the bus. Lots of people want viable cryomancers in pve and pvp where they deal damage and dont just act as a cc support.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on February 13, 2019 12:40PM
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I totally agree. Most of our skills are just raw damage and so damn boring. They feel utterly lazy. Poison injection swarm is such a common suggestion and its a good suggestion too. Id be happy with seeing it. I understand if you like the druid aspect more and thank you for not wanting to throw cryomamcer under the bus. Lots of people want viable cryomancers in pve and pvp where they deal damage and dont just act as a cc support.

What you said in bold is exactly the way I feel about most as well. If this class didn't have the nature feel to it I would have went back to one of my other characters a long time ago!
    Edited by Zardayne on February 13, 2019 4:01AM
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭

Magden in pvp is everything but monstrous.
    Maybe you meant stamden
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you meant stamden

So very true..Most of the time I feel like I'm slapping people with a wet noodle.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo they are lacking but in a group they can be quite potent.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe you meant stamden

So very true..Most of the time I feel like I'm slapping people with a wet noodle.

yeah people who think magden is op.... like.... have you EVEN PLAYED magden?
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magden is the strongest pvp spec atm.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Illuvatarr wrote: »
    Magden is the strongest pvp spec atm.

Lol
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure they can. Buff their DoTs. Give them non-CC utility.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 13, 2019 7:33AM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well changing frost staff passive to do something usefull DPS wise, would be a start.

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

If frost would do like 8% more critdmg, or something like this, would make a big change in PVE.

Furthermore they should introduce "Tanking Staffs" and give them the Frost Passives destros have now, and some other nice passives and skills.

would atleast help forst DMG in PVE...maybe rework the Chilled status Effect aswell, making a change in PVP snares etc.
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on February 13, 2019 8:24AM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    I do like the class but cannot play this if it's doing low DPS in raids/end game contents :( wondering if can buff for PvE (so people who can main magden to 810+)

I run a Magicka Warden and I approve this message, seriously de Warden needs some rework done in their DPS side when it comes to Magicka or class skills overall, people usually will say things like : its fine already, it will make it OP and they don't understand that when it comes to overall class skills all other Classes have better damage dealing options in both numbers and mechanics , example:
    Deep Fissure

Stir a group of Shalk that attacks after 3 seconds, dealing 1276 Magic Damage to enemies in front of you. 
    Enemies damaged are afflicted with Major Breach, reducing their Spell Resistance by 5280 for 5 seconds.
    Reduces enemy Spell Resistance.

vs
    Endless Fury

Call down lighting to strike an enemy for 311 Shock Damage.
    If target enemy’s Health falls below 20% within 4 seconds, an explosion deals an additional 1094 Shock Damage to the target and 198 Shock Damage to other enemies nearby.
    If an enemy is killed by this ability, you restore 3562 Magicka
    If an enemy is killed by this ability, you restore Magicka.

whats the difference? you will get hit by by endless fury, there is no escape, you will be hit even if you are not even on target line, the shalk? the moment you see the cast, roll and footwork away. you can force pulse, endless fury, dark crystal anybody right back into the spawn area no problem, you can swallow soul somebody back into the spam area and no problem, you can jab the hell out of somebody with the Stamplar spear running around the person but nope when it comes to Warden and specifically ice using wardens, adjustments to ice snares need to be made? come on people there is only one ice skill the Warden does that "deals damage" and its the ultimate ability, imagine that, you have to wait for a specific moment to actually be deadly in the meantime just get people angry cause their high poison, high bleed, high speed build has just been put on hold. warden either needs an increase in the tics the ice damage does or have once more one of the skills that got turned into a snare to be put back into the DPS. When I bought the Morrowind expansion, ice and the bear was the main thing waved at our faces, even the warden costume has the ice animation, and ice aint the main thing?
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people think magden is trash in pvp lol, its one of the superior specs right now.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason you might think it’s superior is because a Magden is most likely to use a Blockade of ice and get everybody snared and only the less prepared enemies will die, but for the most a single break free and roll and pop an immovably potion within other things that help against it your damage is going to be lackluster in comparison to other class and their Skills, Shalk mostly the unsuspecting and those who forget or don’t that rolling out work, tell me what else Skills the magden that compares to all other Class skills? most of the magden wins involves using non magen skills, spam force push , gamble with the shalk, wait for the ultimate. nobody complains about the racers or the fetcher flies being too OP and if someone does i really wnt to know what trait are they wearing in pvp also the birds animation is slow, you are most likely to miss than hit unless the person is not paying attention. tell me what combination compared to mages fury, cristals and curse can you do with the magden? or petrify, whip whip whip scratch? How i can represent a Class, when most of the damaging skills fall behind and relies mostly on weapon skills? We nee the Warden damaging skills to be in par with the other classes, if im able to do dps with other classes only using one weapon skill and the rest is class skills i should be able to do the same with the warden.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    well changing frost staff passive to do something usefull DPS wise, would be a start.

Fire -> 8% ST dmg
    Shock -> 8% Aoe dmg
    Frost -> tanking -.^

If frost would do like 8% more critdmg, or something like this, would make a big change in PVE.

Furthermore they should introduce "Tanking Staffs" and give them the Frost Passives destros have now, and some other nice passives and skills.

would atleast help forst DMG in PVE...maybe rework the Chilled status Effect aswell, making a change in PVP snares etc.

so i was originally going to just say that "i think it's a great idea but zos wouldnt do it"

But i've just thought of something. instead of pushing for straight frost tanking, why don't we just advocate for "Destruction Staff Tanking" where passive effects move to morphs and some unused skills become used for tanking (and better for DPS) and Shock and Fire tanks also indirectly become a thing? This doesn't remove the frost tanking theme at all! and it's easier to implement than a completely new staff. we can make some useless morphs worth taking too.

Potential Rework skills/morphs:
    -Unstable Wall of Elements (i think this should be for dps, not tanking. but it would still work for what tanks use it for now)
    -Destro Touch and Morphs (should at least be revised with cost to effect ratios and stuff)
    -Elemental Susceptibility (Morph of Weakness to Elements)
    -Pulsar (Morph of Impulse)
    -Icy Rage (Morph of Elemental Storm)

we can assume that snares may have been dealt with by the time this would have happened.

After then, ice can gain a % increase to critical damage instead of a really boring copy pasted tanking passive. A lot of people really think critical damage fits on the frost staff, frost tanks may become even better than they are on live because of actual skill support.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on February 13, 2019 12:26PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, has anyone tested on PTS if the bear is scaling with the 5pc bonus of Necropotence? It's working with petsorcs again and resulting in huge DPS gains over live
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 13, 2019 12:34PM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    By the way, has anyone tested on PTS if the bear is scaling with the 5pc bonus of Necropotence? It's working with petsorcs again and resulting in huge DPS gains over live

i'll try to have a look i guess. but i don't know exactly what mine did on live. and i'm also PC NA so my magden was wiped on pts.

edit: i don't know if i'll notice any differences. i'm also really damn tired. apologies. it may be better to get it from someone who can record stats and show differences. i'm sure it will be tested soon enough on magden.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on February 13, 2019 12:45PM
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice just needs to do actual damage. Easy fix ZOS and Magden would be really really good!! Make ice in line with other "elemental" damage and we golden! ;)
    Edited by Joxer61 on February 13, 2019 12:46PM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    Ice just needs to do actual damage. Easy fix ZOS and Magdem would be really really good!! Make ice in line with other "elemental" damage and we golden! ;)

if only it was this easy....
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magden weak in pvp? you guys need a reality check lol..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N07izIv8EjM&t=
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashanne wrote: »
    Magden weak in pvp? you guys need a reality check lol..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N07izIv8EjM&t=

yes, magden is weak compared to other better classes. good survival though. you get so much more value out of being group support and allowing your group to clean up when you use sleet storm. that guy did great! but the class still needs help. snares did a lot of heavy lifting there for his kills as no-one could move and tried to be defensive to withstand northern. i'm sure you can post videos of every other dps subclass in the game getting kills like that when you cherry pick the best bits :)
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on February 13, 2019 1:03PM
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    Ice just needs to do actual damage. Easy fix ZOS and Magdem would be really really good!! Make ice in line with other "elemental" damage and we golden! ;)

if only it was this easy....

im thinkin it can be....more a matter of do they want to? ;)
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    cherry pick? all this was footage from ONE DAY. Look at the addon counting kills and deaths, also look at the time on the minimap. 266 killing blows and 13 deaths, one session. not sure what youre trying to say
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    and before you say half the days footage wasnt in the vid, there is this thing called primetime, high latency and ping which makes for *** footage to watch, so obviously that isnt shown. Doesnt mean whatever happened at those hours shows magden outside the "cherry picks". the k/d still doesnt lie there its not like he died 100 times because magden is actually trash and he didnt want to show that part.