Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People hiding to avoid fight in BG

• Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    BG is very bad. BG starts when your team or somebodies team has 2 or 3 player while other one or two team starts with full group. Plus you play solo you get another 3 solo player in your party against pre-made 4 player group etc. One can just feed and give other team win by getting bribed etc.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ the PVEers who think this is justified because skills are “gated” behind PVP. You’re suggesting that you wouldn’t vote kick me in a second if I took a new alt into a dungeon to level up Undaunted and just lazily threw in a light attack in every so often while watching Netflix? “I don’t like PVP” isn’t a valid excuse, much like “I’m bored with PVE” isn’t a valid excuse. If you’re going to queue for a group activity, PLAY WITH YOUR GROUP AND CONTRIBUTE.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    LOL @ the PVEers who think this is justified because skills are “gated” behind PVP. You’re suggesting that you wouldn’t vote kick me in a second if I took a new alt into a dungeon to level up Undaunted and just lazily threw in a light attack in every so often while watching Netflix? “I don’t like PVP” isn’t a valid excuse, much like “I’m bored with PVE” isn’t a valid excuse. If you’re going to queue for a group activity, PLAY WITH YOUR GROUP AND CONTRIBUTE.
    This, and its why I go to cyrodil over BG, bad in PvP but in an zerg I can contribute.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

This
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed I see a lot of players joining BG just to hide, it takes to fun out of it. This is why I really believe they should create some type of point system and match players that have similar win/loss ratio. Ya, we will have some fights that go the distance but that means players are fighting other players at their skill level.

A little off topic: The other day I pressed F5 to see who the players were on the other teams. Each team had 3 players and we only had 2 players ( me and someone else ). I'm not sure why but Zeni put 4 players in the other groups and never filled our group so it was 2v4v4.

I told my teammate, "Oh great looks like its just me and you". We ended up winning the match. :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    SanSan wrote: »
    Blame ZoS. Putting a stam heal behind a PvP skill tree.

and AOE/DOT as well
    Edited by fgoron2000 on February 12, 2019 3:02PM
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vigor and caltrops... Warhorn... Purge... Yeah I can see why

that's why i was there...i did as much as a PvE'er could and participated as much as possible in battles, especially during mayhem, but i was there to level the tree & unlock the skills...I won't go back now, it's not fair to either me or the PvP players, until and unless some time later, if I intend to get competitive in PvP play
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    It's because content is gated behind something they do not wish to do.

Heh. I think I'm learning my lesson in this thread. Never explain what's going on to enlighten people. Just keep the knowledge to yourself, otherwise you're going to have people try to debate you when you're not even trying to argue.

Note to self: don't ever explain without arguing. No, seriously, just stop it. :D
    Edited by jainiadral on February 12, 2019 3:44PM
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    find them and kill them.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a PvP player. I needed some drops from a dungeon. I hate PvE and hate even more dying to mobs. Gives me nightmares.
    So I grouped up and hid in the corner. I got booted wth ? Then they made a post in the forums about fake tanks.

Funny how that works
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do this sometimes too... Like yesterday, my teammate said i should stop dying, or he will make me cry next BGs match... So i took my chair and sat in the base while they melted and we lost.

But hey, ATLEAST i didnt die anymore :) ever thought about maybe its because of toxic teammates ppl dont want to contribute in the match?
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lokulin wrote: »
    They probably don't care. Even if they die, if they do it enough times they will still get their vigor or whatever.

“Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.” - Bart Simpson

Bart Simpson?! Lol. WTB Fact Check. Try Mark Twain.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    SanSan wrote: »
    Blame ZoS. Putting a stam heal behind a PvP skill tree.

I blame the players. They are the ones who hid instead of helping.

They either try to hide to get carried, and are called trash for it, or they try to help fight, get utterly wrecked and get called trash for it. Either way they have a crap time.

Disagree! I’ve never been treated badly in BG - even when I was new - it’s obvious who is making an effort and who is basically trying to sandbag.

I have noobed BGs on stam and mag dds (3), a pve tank, and a healer and no one has ever treated me badly.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do this sometimes too... Like yesterday, my teammate said i should stop dying, or he will make me cry next BGs match... So i took my chair and sat in the base while they melted and we lost.

But hey, ATLEAST i didnt die anymore :) ever thought about maybe its because of toxic teammates ppl dont want to contribute in the match?

I think it’s weird how this happened to you but never to me.

That sucks sorry it happened. Consider getting a resto and go to cyro. Might be more fun.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    I'm a PvP player. I needed some drops from a dungeon. I hate PvE and hate even more dying to mobs. Gives me nightmares.
    So I grouped up and hid in the corner. I got booted wth ? Then they made a post in the forums about fake tanks.

Funny how that works
    thedude33 wrote: »

Funny how that works

A tank matters in PVE stuff - if you’re PC NA hit me in game and I’ll get you a carry for dungeon drops ❤️
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lokulin wrote: »
    They probably don't care. Even if they die, if they do it enough times they will still get their vigor or whatever.

“Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.” - Bart Simpson

Gotta love at a little Bart wisdom. :)

I get pissed because my brother has cancer. Silly people in games? Not so much.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is apalling amount of hiding people in Cyrodiil as well. Nightblades hide even in the middle of fighting.
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I hate fightning with nightblade my team, they just cloak away and the fight turns into a 4v3v4 or 4v2v4 very annoying.
    DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

• Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet these same names mad that they hid would be the same ones raging in chat because they went 0-22 or something. Seen it before. I know not every match is DM, but during DM, if you know you are trash, stay out of the fight. Less points for the other team to earn.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    siddique wrote: »
    I've had a few people like that, I've still not been able to understand the thought behind this.

This happens mainly because people know they get rewards even if they sit in a corner the whole match. And well, Part of it is also combat team's questionable decision to make PvP abilities a must have in PvE content. (vigor, caltrops,warhorn)
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 12, 2019 6:10PM
  • DovahkiinHeart
    DovahkiinHeart
    ✭✭✭
    If you start taking something like a game this seriously, it might be best to evaluate things... one of the reasons for burn out is this, I believe.

First time I ever did a BG that was me. Then I figured I'd make some shacklebreakers and some pvp sets next time I make a toon to get certain skills, y'know, not be a total dead weight and much to my surprise, I found that I actually enjoyed certain matches and actually got a quite few kills. But strangely enough, I never got to the point where I would take things so seriously that I turn my rage on my own team members. I figured its cause I was in their place and they might be new to pvp. Or they might just be expecting a carry. Pvp takes some time to get used to, and not everyone is there to win :/ But once they get those skills, they'll be out of your hair and continue to go about your way.

Either way, its not the end of the universe.
    Edited by DovahkiinHeart on February 12, 2019 6:21PM
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a pve player, it all depends on the type of battleground and players in the match.

I am actually pretty good at crazy king and domination, but utterly hopeless at the capture the flag games. I have actually finished second and third a few times in the overall scoring for domination.

For deathmatch, it all depends on the players. If I am in a good team or even match, I might get an similar amount of combined kills and assists with deaths. Another time, I might have 12 deaths with one or two kills and assists combined, as one team is dominating. If we have a chance to finish second, I am going to hide for the last minute or so to try to ensure we get the bonus; I'd be mad not to...
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do BG.

I usually lose.

But I die trying. (badly)

If you're playing with randoms, just do your best, even if you're rubbish like me.

I suspect most well-reasoned adults playing with BG PUGs will understand that the only way you're going to get a top-tier doom-squad is to actually make one with people you know. PUGs will likely not perfrom as well as an organised squad.

But if those PUGs at least try, well, I don't think any complaints can be had, especially when BG is the only efficient way to get skills mandatory for a lot of PvE builds.

In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who would have thought. A nerdy computer geek type who’s never played a team sport in their life can’t play as a team.

It’s getting common in MMOs. Your personal reputation isn’t really important.

Back in FFA pvp games, especially with full loot, everyone behaved because there were consequences. If someone were to do something really bad like rob a guild bank it would mean spawn camping the person until they quit the game.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Finder
    Finder
    ✭✭✭
    This thread once again shows why so many people loathe PvP and PvPers...

Yet devs still feel compelled to try to force it on people.

It's [current year] and they still can't grasp that "no, we will not like PvP if we'll just try your version of it"

Stop putting stuff useful for PvE in PvP...you're just pissing off BOTH groups.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »

They either try to hide to get carried, and are called trash for it, or they try to help fight, get utterly wrecked and get called trash for it. Either way they have a crap time.

Idk... maybe it's just my personal experience but I have to say, dungeon pugs/PVE players on average seem way more intolerant than BGs/PVP players. I've brought my greenest alt with no appropriate gear into BGs and participated, and never once have I been yelled at. Most people are nice and say gg afterwards. However people kick or rage quit at the drop of a dime in dungeons.

In other words, as a whole PVP players seem more understanding of PVE players trying to learn than the other way around. Makes me sad to say, as my focus is PVE, but I do participate in both.

Also, clearly the game is designed to entice players to both PVE and PVP. There are skins, dyes, and abilities "gated" behind both types of content, and both "exclusive" sides have a "need" to venture into the other. Enough of this argument already.
    Someone queuing in a dungeon who just followed behind without activating an ability would be kicked. Why is this behavior tolerated or being defended in BGs?

I’ve had the opposite experience. Pvp players on your own team (in BGs and Cyrodiil) have been the snip talkers.

I agree with your last sentence though.

“ Someone queuing in a dungeon who just followed behind without activating an ability would be kicked. Why is this behavior tolerated or being defended in BGs?”

To Op. this has happened to me once. I asked in group why he wasn’t fighting and he said “lol I’m trying to be a sniper” and he had no kills and no assists by the end of it. He just stealthed to a high place and sat there... it was very confusing.
    Edited by max_only on February 12, 2019 9:32PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only there was a way you could join BGs (and PVE Group Dungeons for that matter) where you knew who the other players were beforehand instead of having randoms....
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens if... all 12 people spend the whole match idling and it times out with 0/0/0? Who wins? Can there be ties in BGs? How would the rewards for this look like? I'm curious.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a game. Whether you pay money for it or it's free, you don't get to decide it's mechanics. That's like wishing Kintaro would get a Nerf in MKII just because you bought the game and now can't complete it.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just regening bro.
This discussion has been closed.