Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina Classes - Which has more survivability when playing solo

Iziquiel
Iziquiel
✭✭
I mainly play the game solo and I want to create a new Stamina character.

I'm looking for some advice on which one of the classes has more survivability, in particular in PvE but I may do some PvP as well. I have been looking mostly at DK, Sorc and also Nightblade which I know is the highest DPS, but I don't know if that also equals survivability.

If it makes a difference I want this character to be 2H & Bow.

Thanks for any advice you can give
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK Brawler Rally Vigor Corrosive Armour. Although I find my mdk is much easier to keep alive.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Offense is the best defense in ESO.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorc and stamplar have good survivability

Stamblade not so much
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any stamtoon with brawler and rally.
  • Iziquiel
    Iziquiel
    ✭✭
    Thanks! So it sounds like there is generally not much between them in terms of survivability.

Will I experience that much difference in play style between them, as from what I've seen it looks like StamSorc and StamDK rely mainly on weapon skills and StamBlade and Stamplar have a few more class abilities to use

I've looked at a couple of videos of the StamWarden and I'm not sure how long I could stand the animations used for its class abilities
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade cause cloak... works in PvE and PvP...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc. Crit surge and hurricane. You heal non-stop. Can't be topped.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar. Stamsorc would be my choices for solo stam.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Stamsorc is often considered as easiest, since they have a high reliable heal in form of crit surge. Paired with hurricane and some dots it'll make you very survivable. Add vigor on top and you're good to go.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StamSorc for Surge (healing), hurricane (armor, speed), hardened ward (yes, ~6k shield can be useful from time to time), Bound Armor (block damage reduction) with 2H for Brawler (more shield, yay) with additional stuff like Shuffle (AoE dmg reduction), Vigor (on demand heal), Crushing weapon spammable (for Psijic Shield and healing on dmg) will make you more tanky than average vet dungeon tank
    Edited by SodanTok on February 9, 2019 11:53PM
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc for sure, hurricane gives huge defense buff along with crit surge for heals and damage

Other stam classes can survive decently well with vigor and if they use class specific abilities for more durability
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    Stamsorc doesnt need vigor and with 2h with forward momentum and reverse slice and vo you wont die to anything short of a one shot. Thats for solo dw works too but stam sorc synergizes so well with 2h you just get so much aoe dmg and recovery due to the passives its really cool.
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc for both pve and pvp. Besides crit surge you also have an aoe stun in streak and the ability to convert magicka to Stam and get a burst heal out of it with dark deal.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc easily.
  • Iziquiel
    Iziquiel
    ✭✭
    Great thanks! How would you set your bars up at 50? Something like:

2H: Brawler/Forward Momentum (or Rally?), Wrecking Blow, Reverse Slice, Hurricane, Bound Armaments/Streak/Vigour
    Bow: Endless Hail, Poison Injection, Razor Caltrops/Rearming Trap, Dark Deal, Critical Surge
    Edited by Iziquiel on February 10, 2019 11:23AM
  • Anoregon
    Anoregon
    ✭✭✭
    Iziquiel wrote: »

2H: Brawler/Forward Momentum (or Rally?), Wrecking Blow, Reverse Slice, Hurricane, Bound Armaments/Streak/Vigour
    Bow: Endless Hail, Poison Injection, Razor Caltrops/Rearming Trap, Dark Deal, Critical Surge

You'd get even more survivability if you pick up Crushing Weapon from the psijic line and use that instead of Wrecking Blow. It has a 25% heal, and slotting it gives you access to the 5k shield while blocking passive if you go far enough in the psijic line.
  • Iziquiel
    Iziquiel
    ✭✭
    Anoregon wrote: »

You'd get even more survivability if you pick up Crushing Weapon from the psijic line and use that instead of Wrecking Blow. It has a 25% heal, and slotting it gives you access to the 5k shield while blocking passive if you go far enough in the psijic line.

OK great, I will look to get that as well!

Another question, out of Forward Momentum and Rally, which is likely to be of more use to me? Would I see much benefit from the immunity to snares from Forward Momentum in PvE, or is this more use in PvP?
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anoregon wrote: »

OK great, I will look to get that as well!

Another question, out of Forward Momentum and Rally, which is likely to be of more use to me? Would I see much benefit from the immunity to snares from Forward Momentum in PvE, or is this more use in PvP?

For PvE, Rally. FM is more suited to PvP where you are snared all the time.
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    Survivability =/= Sustain

I'm lol'ing at the people saying Stamsorc and Stamplar but saying Stamblade can't.
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • Lord_Eomer
      Lord_Eomer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Morgul667 wrote: »

Stamblade not so much

Stam Sorc excellent survivability,

Get Vigor and you will survive odds
    • Brrrofski
      Brrrofski
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Survivability =/= Sustain

I'm lol'ing at the people saying Stamsorc and Stamplar but saying Stamblade can't.

But he's asking for the one with the MOST survivability. Sure, any can stay alive, but there's no denying that stam sorc is the easiest to survive on. Use one skill every 33 seconds and you don't really need to heal at all - it's all covered for you.
    • Ciovala
      Ciovala
      ✭✭✭
      Warden. If you use class spammables you get passive heals, class has multiple heal options, even as stamina. When running you can spam Netch for free, albeit small, heals too. Your self heals give you 10% extra hit points. Huge burst damage.
      Edited by Ciovala on February 12, 2019 10:55AM
      Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
    • Uryel
      Uryel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Class is somewhat irrelevant when it comes to stamina. Very few class abilities even have a stamina morph.

But for the record, here are my stamina characters, all of them pretty good at staying alive.

- Bosmer nightblade thief.

Build around awesome stealth, she can sneak past pretty much everything and only hit selected target... Or everyone if the hallway is really tight. Uses a bow, a two handed weapon, and dual wield. Yeah, I switch bars and gear situationaly, but that's mostly for diversity. For strict survival, you'll want 2-handed and dual wield.

Use Rally's morph, Momentum, to get minor berserk and a HoT. Keep it up at all time. Morph Flurry to Bloodthirst and Twin Slashes to Bloodcraze. All those skills will provide you with some decent healing over time, and help keeping the damage decent. For the class skills, Teleport Strike's morph Ambush provides mobility, which can be useful to get in or out of the fight (out implies you can target something away, like some random 1HP critter, or a weaker mob somewhere). If you really need, Dark Cloak will provide some healing and costs magicka, so you can heal somewhat with your secondary ressource, should stamina be depleted. Siphoning's ultimate, Soul Tether, is also a pretty cool survival tool that deals some damage.

With this, my medium armor wearing, less than 20k HP with food character can decently take some world boss without too much fuss. Not all of them, the really heavy hitters or those who summon a zillion adds are not really an option, but she's able to survive your average world boss. Takes a while to whittle them down, though, emphasis is on a balance between survival and damage, not on damage.

With the next update, stealth won't be an option anymore for her, so... Might want to go khajiit if you want to try this one.

- Imperial stamina warden

Not much detail needed there. Warden has more stamina skills than most classes. Animal line provides a heal each time one of your pet is unsummoned, and you even get the only stamina heal of the whole game (that doesn't require PvP to get, that is). Imperial means she regains some HP when attacking, which isn't bad either :)

- Nord stamsorc

Built as a brick wall, with more bricks around. Capped on the resists when Hurricane is up, Nord racial passive (soon to become useless in his case) adding more mitigation, werewolf (want more resists, here, have some), fighter's guild protection circle, hatchling's shell and shield charge providing damage shields, Psijiic skill line providing additional damage shield when blocking... You can't make them any tougher than that, really. Nothing gets through. I don't think he's ever died of anything but lag or my own stupidity. Now, it's best we don't talk about his damage... You probably deal more damage when scratching your own butt.
      Edited by Uryel on February 12, 2019 12:01PM
    • Jabbs_Giggity
      Jabbs_Giggity
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamblade not so much

This is completely false. I play all three and would rank them best to worst as:
      1. Stamblade - can literally sit there in heavy and take dmg with no change to healthbar.
      2. Stamsorc - better movement but can be squishy.
      3. Stamplar - one hit and done lol
    • Icy_Waffles
      Icy_Waffles
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Stam warden. Easily
    • SodanTok
      SodanTok
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Stamblade not so much

This is completely false. I play all three and would rank them best to worst as:
      1. Stamblade - can literally sit there in heavy and take dmg with no change to healthbar.
      2. Stamsorc - better movement but can be squishy.
      3. Stamplar - one hit and done lol

Something factual cant be completely false. Your ranking is completely false because you dont know what you are comparing :D If your stamblade is barely taking damage in heavy armor stamsorc will be more tanky in the same setup.
      Edited by SodanTok on February 12, 2019 6:55PM
    • Toc de Malsvi
      Toc de Malsvi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Personally for general PVE I think:
      1. StamSorc/Warden
      2. Stam DK
      3. Stam NB
      4. Stam Templar

For PVP its more tricky as there are a variety of different builds to do different things.
      Legendary Archer of Valenwood
      Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
      Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
      Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
      Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
      Templar's are evil..
    • Iziquiel
      Iziquiel
      ✭✭
      Thanks! StamSorc appeals to me the most at the moment and I'm going to start there. I will give it a go and see if I enjoy it or not.

Maybe when I have more time to dedicate to the game I may try a class that does better in trials

I've seen a few replies saying StamWarden but from the videos I've seen I think I would not enjoy the class animations and I could see myself not enjoying the experience.