Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will you race-change?

Amorpho
Amorpho
✭✭✭✭
Will you be staying true to your favourite race after the changes, irrespective of buffs and nerfs, or will you race-change in an effort to be best in slot?
The Gaming Rev
YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Magicka Nightblade, Breton
Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Stamina Templar, Orsimer
Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU

Will you race-change? 161 votes

I will race change for optimal performance
25%
Solarikenhuntgod_ESOgresiacCyberOnEsoaubrey.baconb16_ESOkickback120ub17_ESOsrfrogg23Cendrillion21xxthir13enxxKBKBNikkiySteelshivDalsinthusblkjagillusioukAlienatedGoatgetemshaunaKarmanorwayveil_amir412 41 votes
I will not change to stay true to my favourite race
60%
moonsugar66daryl.rasmusenb14_ESODominoidLisaNemesis7884TryxusTurelusSantieClawsAimoraDanikatBlackersAlienSlofSpacegatozariaDerNachtfalterstojekarcub18_ESOUPrimeSorataArisugawaElsonsoPocketNova 98 votes
I will not change for my favourite race got buffed
6%
proteinexeRajajshkaRuinhornVanthras79Gotrim123dovakiin5574Reaver-StormhamrevaleriiyaJeibuKulakillerninja6 10 votes
I will not race change because I don't want to spend cash on race change tokens
7%
DTStormfoxChili_PepperdemendredHvzedaMettaricanaRobDaCoolpod88kkTravestynoxSotomaiorMuSE_nr1ZakethZarblad 12 votes
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure yet. As others said their are more options now. Things that might be interesting to try. For me though might change because wasn't very attached to my altmer in first place and Nord just looks like more fun now. Then again I do have my 10th character slot open. I might just make Nord Templar tank. Which means my nercomancer will be free to be anything I want.
    Edited by Tasear on February 12, 2019 1:51PM
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will change my Argonian magplar to a Breton. Have been wanting to do this for months but I refuse to waste crowns on those tokens. Will miss the argo's swim speed however.
    Edit: I didn't vote simply because I'm changing, but it has nothing to do with being optimal. I just wanted to be in EP and level a magplar, but at the time did not have that any faction upgrade.
    Edited by wolf486 on February 12, 2019 12:23PM
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racial passives don't make you win at the game.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magic Bosmer is already BiS for cute. Her racials don't really help her in combat and nothing's changed there. Just drives me even further away from any interest in 'competitive end game'.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on February 12, 2019 12:10PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the
    Why bother 'cos once you start you'll need to do it every 3 months
    option
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Zaketh
    Zaketh
    ✭✭✭
    I play the game to play a game. For entertainment, which I get loads of from ESO.
    I have a Nord, Breton, Wood Elf and a Khajiit. None of which is my favorite race.
    I do understand that a lot of us get more involved with their characters, and I can
    appreciate that. I, however, am not wired that way. ALL my characters' races are my
    favorite, when I'm playing them.
    NA PS4
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will race change for optimal performance
    I'm going to race change to my favorite race because when I created my main I was chasing the META, not making the character i actually wanted.

Since Khajit are now good enough at just about everything and we're getting free tokens, i might as well go ahead and change.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Will not race change, because my characters are rp toons and so the numbers don't matter nearly as much as their race/name/looks/ect.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No plans to change anything for me.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    wheres the im race changing because I want to option?
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not change for my favourite race got buffed
    Meow!
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably will, but not to optimize performance. There's a few characters where I'll pretty happily change their races just for the fun of it.
  • RobDaCool
    RobDaCool
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.
    PS4 NA -RobdacoolV2
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton always has been my fav race, and I'm gonna enjoy these changes to the fullest :)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not change the race of any of my existing characters because they are exactly what I wanted them to be.
    I don't like or dislike ES races because of their racial passives; the only bonus that could make me create a Nord character, for example, was a free 'Nordic' house, mount or pet (or all of these together) :) .
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will race change but for the reason that there is more diversity in the options. Now it feels like if you aren’t an argonian tank you can still have great racial passives with nord, imperial or orc. It feels like a good time to diversify for more character depth. All around good changes.
    Edited by Austinseph1 on February 12, 2019 1:08PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will race change but for the reason that there is more diversity in the options. Now it feels like if you aren’t an argonian tank you can still have great racial passives with nord, imperial or orc. It feels like a good time to diversify for more character depth. All around good changes.

Right more options is fun 😎

You could also do redguard. They got some old and new passives to work with m
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an valid option.
    Do an dummy test now, do one on pts, then do one after race change note the differences.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will race change the 2 Khajiit I have. My Stamden will be either Nord or Redguard and my Stamblade will be Bosmer.
    Might spend the remaining free Token to change my DC Magden into a Lizard.
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    This is an valid option.
    Do an dummy test now, do one on pts, then do one after race change note the differences.

For tanking it's not really a dummy thing.

Imperial will sustain, resources and cost reduction along with stamina and health

Nord will have restiences and ultimate

Redguard have stamina sustain and snares

Orcs stats, speed, off DPS, and self heal

Bosmer you could build stamina regain tank

Dummers hybrid....

Altmer frost tank...
    Edited by Tasear on February 12, 2019 1:57PM
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neither. I will race change to my favorite race because I was forced to change to other race previously. Just because I can, and for free also
    Rawr
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 magebaldes, all different races.

No matter the update, I have a race for it.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • DreadKnight
      DreadKnight
      ✭✭✭
      I might consider it if they could just make woodelves…………...TALLER
    • ezio45
      ezio45
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Changing my negate tank to Nord but tbh I hate that toon so I really don't care
    • AntonShan
      AntonShan
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'd rather change the game I'm playing. Ah, I already did it.
    • TheShadowScout
      TheShadowScout
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I still play my -characters- no matter what gets buffed or nerfed, as I have done throughout all the past rebalancing updates.

The only reasons I would change my race for is if either a character idea gets reworked (like when warden got released and I redid my nord storm priest as a nord mountain man and reworled the original nord into a deadric executioner, and later racechanged into orc because that just made more sense for a brutal, nasty murderer chopping off heads with a grin, right?), or a new race might get released that fits a character idea better then what I picked back when I made the character.
    • macsmooth
      macsmooth
      ✭✭✭✭
      Where’s the option for “dunno yet” don’t we have another week of changes before live gets hit
    • jainiadral
      jainiadral
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I'm going to reroll my female Dunmer into something that doesn't look like a daedric curse gone wrong. Maybe a Nord since I don't have one yet, or a Dunmer male.

Other than that, I'll just keep 'em banked in case I make another swamp horror.
    • Aznarb
      Aznarb
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My Tank Khajiit is not gonna change, I love it to much.

But, my 1st char who was a Warden High Elf is probably gonna change, not because of the change, but because I've pick this by following meta guide who help me alot in the start, but now I just want a race I like, and high-Elf is definitely not one of them.

Dunno which race is gonna be though, need to read some lore before I choose.
      [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
      [ Khajiit ]
      [ Templar - Healer ]
      [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Keldheir
      Keldheir
      ✭✭✭✭
      Nah. Been playing magicka Bosmer since launch. Not going to change now.
      PC EU