Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necromancer skillsset.

Tapio75
Tapio75
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey.

I was thinking, that since Wardens 2 skill lines felt strongly connected to Morrowind at least to me.. Do you think the Necromancer will be somehow themed to Elsweyr expansion?

Because when i play warden, it feels like animal companions suit the Dunmer best, i dont find there much connection to Woodelven lands for example and the healing side with its mushrooms and such, feel good for Argonian or Dunmer, but somehow it does not fit a Breton for example.. Though spells are not racial but general from schools of magick, still i geel like race of the caster plays a role in the flavour in ESO or perphaps it feels that certain spells just fit some race better than other, unlike the general stuff that has been in earlier TES games.

So i was just hoping, that the Necromancer skills are not connected to Elsweyr expansion or some dragon stuff, but feel more like general mix of conjuration, alteration and destruction spells and so forth.

Here hoping we dont have any bone dragon summons for example.
>>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tapio75 wrote: »

That's one of the ultimates. :*
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elementalist-Necromancer-Skilltree.jpg

Enjoy....
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »

I read somewhere, its a bonedragon breath, which made me concerned.. Dragons bone or not as far as i know, were not supposed to be around at this time but then again, much is not written of this time but still. Why make it expansion flavoured? More general they should be, so they feel apropriate after the expansion has ended too.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should go visit Alcast's site for very cool and detailed info about necromancer's skill lines. You're gonna like it I assure ypu :smile:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should go visit Alcast's site for very cool and detailed info about necromancer's skill lines. You're gonna like it I assure ypu :smile:

Can you give me a link please? :)
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tapio75 Dragons were supposed to be around at this time in Tamriel history. The reign of the dragons was over and the dragons that had survived the war were in hiding. Even if you say that The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard is not canon, Vulthuryol (the Dragon of Black Reach) has probably been around before Alduin's return. Still not convinced? Just a mere 209 years before the events of ESO, the Dragon Nahfahlaar was kicked out of Wayrest, the source for that being Skyrim itself in the form of the book Atlas of Dragons. The book was written 4 years later, so 205 years before ESO and mentions several other dragons that are "known to live".
    • Ahbiilok - Sightings dating back to the early years of the Dragonguard throughout the northern Jerralls. Multiple attempts to kill him have failed. He is believed to be lairing somewhere in Morrowind.
    • Mirmulnir - Last sighted in the Reach in 2E 212.
    • Nahfahlaar - Repeated alliances with mortal protectors which have prevented his elimination. His last known protector was the King Casimir II of Wayrest, which the Dragonguard successfully ended in 2E 369. He escaped and current location is unknown.
    • Paarthurnax - The legendary lieutenant of Alduin in the Dragon War. He is now known to lair on the Throat of the World under the protection of the Greybeards of High Hrothgar. Master Araidh continues the established policy of avoiding direct confrontation with the Greybeards while waiting for an opportunity to exact justice upon him.

And these are just the dragons that the Dragonguard knows the names of and has confirmed sightings of.
    ZOS has already confirmed that the three dragons in the trailer are just the first trouble makers and that they go out to find their dragon allies to get them to come out of hiding. If anything, the events of ESO (assuming we are going to kill them all) make the transition of real threat that exists and people saw to mythical creature of legend nobody thought was even real more believable.

This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »

I read somewhere, its a bonedragon breath, which made me concerned.. Dragons bone or not as far as i know, were not supposed to be around at this time but then again, much is not written of this time but still. Why make it expansion flavoured? More general they should be, so they feel apropriate after the expansion has ended too.

Umm...here is the thing about the "lore" in this game. Its garbage. People are always talking about how there were only a few dragons known to be alive during the timeframe of ESO(plenty of dead dragons to get bones from though....as evidenced by Fang Lair DLC dungeon) but the problem with this idea is that everyone assumes they know the name of each and every dragon...and honestly...that is not realistic. No one knows how many dragons there were...and they sure dont know all the names and cant account for all of them. For all we know there could have been THOUSANDS of the things, and only those few with a reputation would ever be mentioned in the lore.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you give me a link please? :)

https://alcasthq.com/eso-necromancer-class/

Here
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore is a tricky thing as Data knows..

Anways. I dont assume to know it all. to what i base what i know is books from Skyrim and earlier and i have not even read them all,, Just a common adventurer seeking treasures, reading sometimes to pass time when camping in some old ruin.

But the classes and spells are the thing i worry about. I dont think they should be themed by expansion.. I dont know why we have to have all the fancy stuff as we are jiust adventurers and i for one would like to stick on spells from those traditional schools of magick in the way i have seen them in the future(Past TES)..

Like summoning daedra pr raising a dead foe after they fell in battle. Rhose sorts of things. Basic fireballs, flaming hands and such are the things i like. Just a personal taste and i dont know how lore explains the fancy magick turning to schools of magick and spells we had in past three TES games though i dont even remember them all anymore and some mod spells may make my memory not so reliable too.