Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Extremely mad at this game

• MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvP people tend to fight back (most of the time)...and it hurts...unlike brainless on rails PvE monster dummies.

But mixing premade and random queue is a big NO NO.
    Edited by MikaHR on February 12, 2019 10:13AM
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seipher09 wrote: »
    Just delete PvP you failed so hard

+1 Awesome.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a huge pve player. Love the story and the classes and feel of the game. Recently decided I really want a shield that's only achievable from battlegrounds.

I said what the heck let's try it. First few matches went pretty bad, once I learned the exact goals and maps the games got really bad. Once I got a real feel for it it became the most annoying thing I've ever done in any of the 10ish mmos I've really invested time into.

As a huge pve player I always thought people on the forums just liked to whine about PvP. But after doing it I truly realized this games balance and PvP is just pure awful!!

Between the constant constant stuns hitting me breaking free became useless as the stamina cost hurts to bad so when I get stunned by certain hits it's useless to try without multiple teammates directly near you fighting. The aoes are just all over like crazy, certain nightblade builds are just insanely stupid making it impossible to even attempt to fight back.

Wow this game has great pve but zos...Just delete PvP you failed so hard at it in nearly every single balance aspect. Please play your game and see how broken it is.

lol

My first impression of PvP was pretty much the same as your's. You should read my first thread I made in respect to this game's PvP (it wasn't very flattering either) and my opinion of it hasn't changed much. I had to go vampire (mist form) and stack as much health as humanly possible just to have a chance of fighting back. Otherwise I would just get jumped with copious amounts of stuns and roots and slaughtered by multiple players at once. It was about as much fun as a root canal.

That being said - it is possible to have a bit of fun in battlegrounds on this game (Cyrodil not so much) as the odds are kept at least somewhat even. But I wouldn't recommend trying any PvE strategies as they will fail hard.
    Edited by Jeremy on February 12, 2019 12:04PM
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like YET another 100% L2P issue please stop making post when you just need to L2P

Ok, then stop using that stupid word and people would probably get into the content more
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP is a test of cunning, intelligence and sense of observation but most of all it's a trial of character. You failed all of them.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • RobDaCool
    RobDaCool
    ✭✭✭
    I am a PVE fellow too, nothing I can get in PVP in this game is worth it to me.

In all of the MMO's I've played, I have only PVP in one of them and that's because it was forced.
    PS4 NA -RobdacoolV2
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, what trash post.

When you do something new and get ripped apart your first thought should always be: "Damn, I need to improve."

My friends know me as a toxic player, but in reality I only get mad when I fail at something that I should know how to do and have a lot of experience in. Either it's caused by something I can't control (lag, bugs, broken stuff) or by myself (most of the times though...). Only then it's okay to brag about it in my opinion (although I should learn to reduce my rage).

But in your case... L2P!
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SiOz8QZ.jpg
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a huge pve player. Love the story and the classes and feel of the game. Recently decided I really want a shield that's only achievable from battlegrounds.

I said what the heck let's try it. First few matches went pretty bad, once I learned the exact goals and maps the games got really bad. Once I got a real feel for it it became the most annoying thing I've ever done in any of the 10ish mmos I've really invested time into.

As a huge pve player I always thought people on the forums just liked to whine about PvP. But after doing it I truly realized this games balance and PvP is just pure awful!!

Between the constant constant stuns hitting me breaking free became useless as the stamina cost hurts to bad so when I get stunned by certain hits it's useless to try without multiple teammates directly near you fighting. The aoes are just all over like crazy, certain nightblade builds are just insanely stupid making it impossible to even attempt to fight back.

Wow this game has great pve but zos...Just delete PvP you failed so hard at it in nearly every single balance aspect. Please play your game and see how broken it is.

So you came on the forums to whine about PvP when you appear to be going into it fully decked out for PvE gameplay. THAT'S THE PROBLEM. Battlegrounds PvP, when you actually build for PvP, is actually quite enjoyable and a nice break from the constant PvE grind.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its-not-broken-user-error-28685383.png

no but seriously there is some good advice in this thread...

it is a pretty steep learning curve and it will take time.. you will die ALOT...

I do more pvp than anything else, have a love hate relationship with it and a year on I am ok at it.
    I am hampered by my ping alot, causing losses that shouldn't have been, but i keep going back... can't help it.. it's too good.
    Edited by Undefwun on February 12, 2019 12:50PM
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just delete PvP you failed so hard at it.

Delete pvp?

I think you failed at pvp, so if someone needs to delete something, hmmm..

Always funny to read these things, when people expect pvp to be as easy as Fungal grotto 1. I bet if some could get bgs done so that when they get a match, they ported to FG1 for the daily..

Many of the "i only pve" people think pvp players are bad, but when they try pvp.. oh boy oh boy how the illusions of their own excellence are shattered. :D
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

First, kudos to everyone who gave constructive feedback in this thread; there is some good advice in here!

Mine is this: BGs are not a 1v1 or solo activity. You're right; another way to say what you wrote is that it's not a great experience if you aren't coordinating with your team. Most other teams are coordinating, even non pre-mades, so if you happen to get in a 1v1 skirmish for a few seconds the rest of the enemy team is usually not far behind.

Also, just like there are different roles in PVE there are different roles and builds in PVP and how well you and your team do will depend on what roles you have. Is everyone a glass cannon or sniper type? You'll struggle against a team that actually has a decent healer. Do you have too many people on your team that are PVE-geared? You won't do well against four veterans with PVP, BG-focused builds and gear.

I also sympathize as my first few experiences in Cyrodiil were awful; imagine your experience but combine that with what feels like a 10 minute run back to the action every time you die. However solo-queuing with a PVE build in BGs is a little like trying to solo some of the most challenging world bosses without a self heal... you're not really prepared for what's coming.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »

First, kudos to everyone who gave constructive feedback in this thread; there is some good advice in here!

Mine is this: BGs are not a 1v1 or solo activity. You're right; another way to say what you wrote is that it's not a great experience if you aren't coordinating with your team. Most other teams are coordinating, even non pre-mades, so if you happen to get in a 1v1 skirmish for a few seconds the rest of the enemy team is usually not far behind.

Also, just like there are different roles in PVE there are different roles and builds in PVP and how well you and your team do will depend on what roles you have. Is everyone a glass cannon or sniper type? You'll struggle against a team that actually has a decent healer. Do you have too many people on your team that are PVE-geared? You won't do well against four veterans with PVP, BG-focused builds and gear.

I also sympathize as my first few experiences in Cyrodiil were awful; imagine your experience but combine that with what feels like a 10 minute run back to the action every time you die. However solo-queuing with a PVE build in BGs is a little like trying to solo some of the most challenging world bosses without a self heal... you're not really prepared for what's coming.

Well said. But he is "mad to the game" as is the threads topic, so while my reply could have been polite and explanatory of the realities also like yours.. i feel he blames the game for his failure instead of seeking for advice on how to improve, dont think he wants to improve.

Frustration clearly shows he thought it would be easier, maybe even thought he can do like pve rotation on people and they melt in front of him.

It can be a rough lesson after how pve is. And if someone wants to improve, they got lots of sources to study where they can do betters, not asking zos to "delete pvp" after they got rekt in there and poor guy did not get his motif he went in for.

Could have asked for tips.. but nah, "im mad delete pvp" was the choice. :D
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post made me laugh, thank you mate. I have the same feeling playing DLC HM and can state ZOS you failed misarabily the PVE content is broken :D

cheers made
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    u guys are right with impen it is usefull but u can actually go full divine and be good it rly depends on playstyle and how good u are with ur class. ur selling it as the holy grail of pvp :smile: . how much is 255 crit resistance in % anyway ?
    many people also use well fitted or infused combined witht impen. rly up to u?

Impen trait gear is not the Holy Grail of PVP. Experienced players can certainly wear Divines or other traits. My rather tanky MagDK healer wears 3 infused/4 impen.

But for a brand new from PVE player who's struggling to stay alive long enough to fight back?

Impen.

If you dont have the PVP experience to avoid high crits and to take advantage of the benefits of divines, infused, well-fitted, whatever...Impen.

Not being crit to death from attacks you are still learning to counter is pretty important for new PVPers.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 12, 2019 1:54PM
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think I’ve ever played a game where PvP wasn’t cancerous. In ESO you can’t just walk into PvP with your PvE build and expect to succeed. It’s a very different type of beast. I don’t like PvP, and If an mmo tries to force you to play it to be the best in PvE I will just leave. At least in ESO you can pay for them on traders. Cyrodil at night is fun when there are less people are on and you can run around with random groups doing stuff, that’s as far as I go lol.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you actually have a PvP build? Did you have impen, enough stam, enough healing?

We have no information other than you tried it, lost badly so hate it.
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 12, 2019 4:11PM
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First time I entered BG... :smile: Omg, I got my arse handed to me, hard! Honestly, like a baggage carousel. Round and round: "is this your arse?", "is this your arse?", "is this your arse?"

You work out after a while where your weaknesses are, class, gear or play-style -- and you adapt, in fact, you keep adapting, tweaking... you can start off pretending it's just an arena filled with 'smarter' mobs with unpredictable mechanics, but that'll only get you so far. Stick with it, do some research, you'll learn -- and eventually, hopefully enjoy it.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    I’ll bet you anything the OP is running a PvE set up with no impen at all.

Yeah, PvE players forget that PvP players will do anything in their power to kill the opponent, that includes adapting the playstyle 100% for PvP.

Honestly a good PvP player will adapt to any kind of content in the game with ease (even the hardest PvE content), but a good PvE player will always have troubles adapting to PvP... That's because there's no established meta for PvP, there's no BiS sets, there's no rotation to follow, you just use whatever works for you.

Also you are not playing against an IA that at the end of the day is programmed to lose if you play the right sequence. You are playing against other people who wants to win as much as you do or even more than you.

You need to outsmart your opponents, confuse them, take advantage of their mistakes and use the small windows to burst them down, that's the core of PvP.

What I like about the PvP of this game is that there's no limit for how good someone could be. Just when you think you are finally good, you find someone with the weirdest build who destroy you in seconds.

Your right when you say that fighting in PVP is harder then PVE "easy mode" but you are 100% in the wrong talking about there is no meta and no bis in PVP especially when it comes to BGs since BGs is the easiest part of this game it's full on meta and bis gear since that's all it is. The best cheese gear in the game runs BGs since you don't have to worry about CP you can just go with a fill cheese setup and let your gear carry you to victory in BGs.

There's no meta in PvP, and I'm not talking only about BGs, I'm talking about every aspect of PvP, even dueling. There's no "this build beats all".

I have around 5 different builds, depending on how I'm playing...

Of course people exploit some sets/builds (bleeds right now), but that doesn't mean they will beat every single player they encounter...
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go PvP with a PvE mindset and build it's gonna suck hard. You need to be willing to change stuff if you wanna live and prosper.

I personally find it harder to learn PvE mechanics though lol. Because it's not as reactive, based on instinct and muscle memory, but rather about memorizing a bunch of timers, positions, numbers and that sort of things.

If you're new to PvP, I think Cyrodiil is a far better place to figure stuff out than BG. Large scale combat is more forgiving, less stressful and can learn at your own pace. While 3v3v3 is basically small scale, so you get way more pressure and one's individual actions has a bigger impact.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you got beat up. Some of us do really enjoy BGs though, and with practice, I’m sure you’ll improve. Also, as others have pointed out, the gear from BGs sells at guild traders.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I enjoy PVP for the occasional great battle, I can sympathize with the OP. For the most part, the stun, snare, gear proc'ing, stamina sucking mess it has become is ridiculous at times. For pete's sake, let people fight. :/
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your funny man. Battlegrounds are awesome! I have no expectations when I go in.

It’s just like PvE, but better really. Different sets, skills and combos. Stuff works here that is entirely ineffective in PvE.

You got to set your toon up for pure PvP to be effective. No CP to float your build. It’s all the build and you. Non scripted action fighting against real players. It’s great!

They’re straight up gonna throw you in the deep end. You’ll fight against players that are monster really good, and some that potato out and try doing some PvE rotation on you while you’re tearing them to shreds.

It’s great!

Then you can group up with friends or other players that you meet. Have a good time, battling through; start getting good; start getting wins.

But then, they got this match making record thing going. And you start playing against other good teams. It’s loads of fun! It really is. I’m ready to hop into battlegrounds right now!
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have two complaints about BG motifs (that's what I assume the OP is about, getting the shield motif page).

1- Your first random BGs of the day should guarantee a box with a motif. Exactly like your random dungeon rewards. We completed it. Matters not if it was speen/no death/HM (win) or if we wiped a dozen times and finished with half the team dead (lose). A reward is a reward is a dangling carrot for us to run content. Just like PvPers forced into PvE and getting frustrated at not getting the things they want, nothing dampens my willingness to queue more than the knowledge that I'm gonna throw myself at something I don't like, and not get ANYthing worth the time out of it. A green Hat of Decon Crap that sells for 150 gold in stores is not enough incentive.

2- Barring that, I'd really like being able to BUY the boxes with the motifs inside. Even if it's a random motif from the pool we're still missing. Put the AP forward, get something back. We'd still have to work for the AP but at least we'd have a sure way to get those motifs.

I'd really, really, like to complete my BGs motif collection. But every day I log in and think 'I'm gonna queue, and in the event that it actually pops I'm gonna be facing cheese unkillable teams and get a score of 20/150/500..... AND get no motif'. No thanks. Bad enough that if we want that one page we have to fight against the daedric princes of RNG. Knowing that Sheogorath can swoop in and deny any chance at a drop kills my mood.

Annoying yes. But one just has to do what we do when facing some part of the game we don't enjoy: realize we won't get it, shrug, and walk away.
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭

balancing isnt even the point here most of the time in the forum.
    If u wanna be REALLY dissapointed, try going into vivec on prime time. U will constantly be kicked from the server (and the game) and whenever u try to rellogin u will get 2-3 login timeouts or errors. At best u will not be kicked but have several seconds of delay and tremendous lag. Have fun
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    I’ll bet you anything the OP is running a PvE set up with no impen at all.

I go in BGs all the time on my PvE character running divines/infused, and still go 20-30+ with 0-5 deaths. Impen helps, but is nowhere near a requirement. Not even in Cyrodiil.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I go in BGs all the time on my PvE character running divines/infused, and still go 20-30+ with 0-5 deaths. Impen helps, but is nowhere near a requirement. Not even in Cyrodiil.

omg nice and here i thought im the only guy doing that. thats quite a relief to know there are other lunatics
    Edited by Noctus on February 12, 2019 5:09PM
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGs have a very high learning curve, and you were probably playing against the bottom tier noobs since you just started. Gear can’t carry you and teamplay is vital. Nightblades are only super strong at low MMR, and most of the stuff you mentioned is l2p.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you give up on and complain about everything that's remotely difficult for you in life?

Get a feel for the game and how to balance defence and offence with burst and you will do better.

Research sets you can try out and various setups which enable you to be more effective at your style of play.

Learn the bugs and faults and try to not let them bother you.

Pve is very easy because its predictable and unchallenging, pvp is a whole different ball game, when you can summon the stones give it another go.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shawn_PT wrote: »
    I only have two complaints about BG motifs (that's what I assume the OP is about, getting the shield motif page).

1- Your first random BGs of the day should guarantee a box with a motif. Exactly like your random dungeon rewards. We completed it. Matters not if it was speen/no death/HM (win) or if we wiped a dozen times and finished with half the team dead (lose). A reward is a reward is a dangling carrot for us to run content. Just like PvPers forced into PvE and getting frustrated at not getting the things they want, nothing dampens my willingness to queue more than the knowledge that I'm gonna throw myself at something I don't like, and not get ANYthing worth the time out of it. A green Hat of Decon Crap that sells for 150 gold in stores is not enough incentive.

2- Barring that, I'd really like being able to BUY the boxes with the motifs inside. Even if it's a random motif from the pool we're still missing. Put the AP forward, get something back. We'd still have to work for the AP but at least we'd have a sure way to get those motifs.

I'd really, really, like to complete my BGs motif collection. But every day I log in and think 'I'm gonna queue, and in the event that it actually pops I'm gonna be facing cheese unkillable teams and get a score of 20/150/500..... AND get no motif'. No thanks. Bad enough that if we want that one page we have to fight against the daedric princes of RNG. Knowing that Sheogorath can swoop in and deny any chance at a drop kills my mood.

Annoying yes. But one just has to do what we do when facing some part of the game we don't enjoy: realize we won't get it, shrug, and walk away.

Its how they have worked the loot table for page drops in BG that's broken, whoever thought it up needs a slap.
    I will be on one page remaining forever because the odds of it dropping are astronomical.