Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game tells you false information (trying to get group to a random dungeon)

Alleon
Alleon
✭✭✭
When you try to get in a random dungeon with custom made group game tells u sometimes that "Someone has declined the invite" which is simply a lie because its a guild made group and we all are on discord. Its more like game doesnt have the balls to actually tell you "Im sorry our sh**y servers cannot cope with ever increasing playerbase" instead it tries to lead you to belive that everything is working fine but someone just declined. Lol, while it might work for solo queuing but showing the same alert to a custom made group while we are all communicating with eachother it feels like a cheap one.

While Im at it, the EU servers are doing miserably giving me a 250ms on average in top populated evening hours. Every 10-20 minutes there is like lag spike that throws you into oblivion so far that you can examine molag balls. How do I know its not my connection? A) all my guildmates suffer from that as well, B) in less populated hours like very early in the morning my ping is 50-80 and lag spikes are basically non existant. Until recently even the BGs didnt work properly giving you "waiting for other players" endless loop. Is there anything that works as intended? Oh yes, crown store works pretty well. ^^

I recomended this game to my cusin and he bought it last weekend. He logged into the game on evening at sunday. After fast dolmen grind he tried to do some random dungeons, tho he qued as a tank and found a group fairly quickly he wasnt able to join coz apparently this queue is full of trolls that are constantly signing up only to decline the invitation. He tried to do some BGs only to do one and on a few other got stuck in "waiting for other players". To add a cherry on the top of this pile of sh... after 2h lag spikes and disconnects were so annoying so he jsut gave up. And do u wanna know what he asked me next day? "Dude is this game in alpha or what?" So Im asking You now guys, honestly WTF? I remember palying this game like 3-4y ago and everything was great in terms of connection and group content.

PS: I just want this game to be great (again) :(
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alleon wrote: »
    When you try to get in a random dungeon with custom made group game tells u sometimes that "Someone has declined the invite" which is simply a lie because its a guild made group and we all are on discord. Its more like game doesnt have the balls to actually tell you "Im sorry our sh**y servers cannot cope with ever increasing playerbase" instead it tries to lead you to belive that everything is working fine but someone just declined. Lol, while it might work for solo queuing but showing the same alert to a custom made group while we are all communicating with eachother it feels like a cheap one.

While Im at it, the EU servers are doing miserably giving me a 250ms on average in top populated evening hours. Every 10-20 minutes there is like lag spike that throws you into oblivion so far that you can examine molag balls. How do I know its not my connection? A) all my guildmates suffer from that as well, B) in less populated hours like very early in the morning my ping is 50-80 and lag spikes are basically non existant. Until recently even the BGs didnt work properly giving you "waiting for other players" endless loop. Is there anything that works as intended? Oh yes, crown store works pretty well. ^^

I recomended this game to my cusin and he bought it last weekend. He logged into the game on evening at sunday. After fast dolmen grind he tried to do some random dungeons, tho he qued as a tank and found a group fairly quickly he wasnt able to join coz apparently this queue is full of trolls that are constantly signing up only to decline the invitation. He tried to do some BGs only to do one and on a few other got stuck in "waiting for other players". To add a cherry on the top of this pile of sh... after 2h lag spikes and disconnects were so annoying so he jsut gave up. And do u wanna know what he asked me next day? "Dude is this game in alpha or what?" So Im asking You now guys, honestly WTF? I remember palying this game like 3-4y ago and everything was great in terms of connection and group content.

Yes 4 y ago it was fine but since then we have tons of new content, tons of "fixes and patches" on top of almost every fragment of the code, far more players but what we also have from that time are the same servers. TBH ESO is my first MMO game where lag issues persist for so long. Every other title would be dead by now.
    Edited by Mayrael on February 12, 2019 9:31AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Alleon
    Alleon
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Alleon wrote: »

Yes 4 y ago it was fine but since then we have tons of new content, tons of "fixes and patches" on top of almost every fragment of the code, far more players but we have the same servers. TBH ESO is my first MMO game where lag issues persist for so long. Every other title would be dead by now.

It is so sad that ZOS is getting this game bigger and bigger attracting more and more players (over 11mil is that correct?) and then fail to deliver what one might thing is a very basics of an online game - online infrastructure that can provide troubleless expirience. -.-

Do we know if this problem is being adressed or even noticed? I could stand long loading screens just fine but these servers is BS beyond any resaon.
  • sedi
    sedi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always assumed ‘Someone has declined the invite’ means their connection has declined by not being able to group rather then the person. I think the wording needs to be changed.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, yes. "Someone declined the invite" is, in fact, a "our server is out of resources and couldn't create instance for you", not some mysterious bug in finder. It's just much easier to feed people some heroic battle of devs with an elusive finder bug than a doomed battle of management against their own greed and unwillingness to spend money on hardware (which would reduce revenues). "We're trying to get to the root of the problem" just sounds nicer than "we know servers are overloaded, but we don't want to spend money and upgrade".
  • Alleon
    Alleon
    ✭✭✭
    Well, yes. "Someone declined the invite" is, in fact, a "our server is out of resources and couldn't create instance for you", not some mysterious bug in finder. It's just much easier to feed people some heroic battle of devs with an elusive finder bug than a doomed battle of management against their own greed and unwillingness to spend money on hardware (which would reduce revenues). "We're trying to get to the root of the problem" just sounds nicer than "we know servers are overloaded, but we don't want to spend money and upgrade".

I think you just won the lottery with this one. I suspect its exactly the case.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sedi wrote: »
    I always assumed ‘Someone has declined the invite’ means their connection has declined by not being able to group rather then the person. I think the wording needs to be changed.
    My take is that the one is the dungeon finder Its not only random dungeons you can get it with 4 players in group standing next to each other queuing for an specified dungeon.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Alleon
    Alleon
    ✭✭✭
    sedi wrote: »

Well, If I queue with my group and we are reciving "Someone has declined the invite" every few seconds always a random person gets it, a tank, a healer, a dps. It doesnt sound like it is the connection of a particular person which is the problem here. It's more like an excuse to try to not get upset people because this alert is much more acceptable rather than "we failed to create an instance for your group".
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ZOS business model is clearly:

Encourage new purchases by promising the Earth
    Discourage continued play by delivering *** all

Once the game is sold, they have your money. If you keep playing, you are nothing but a liability as you overload what is quite evidently a weak system, so they simply ignore the issues knowing you'll quit.

Such is the B2P model in 2019.
  • Alleon
    Alleon
    ✭✭✭
    FlyingSwan wrote: »
    The ZOS business model is clearly:

Encourage new purchases by promising the Earth
    Discourage continued play by delivering *** all

Once the game is sold, they have your money. If you keep playing, you are nothing but a liability as you overload what is quite evidently a weak system, so they simply ignore the issues knowing you'll quit.

Such is the B2P model in 2019.

Well I wouldn't be that harsh but still, it's not nice.