The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Critical Damage Tests between Dunmer and Khajiit. Proof that Dunmer getting higher crit dmg 4.3.3

• Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Is today like Bad Theorycrafting Day or something? A new wonderful holiday I didn't know about?

I'm just going to copypasta my response from another thread, but for real y'all, do some in-depth testing, think about your results, think about how they might extrapolate with group buffs, crunch the numbers, and double-check your work. Don't ping a bunch of ZOS employees and class reps and create a big commotion unless you've done all that.

First, take off your Shock enchant. Minor Vulnerability is probably skewing your tests.

Second, this all depends on your starting Weapon Damage and Crit Damage modifier values.

Let me demonstrate.

Setup:

5 x Perfect Rele, 5 x Advancing Yokeda, 2 x Velidreth. All Divines. 1 x Infused, 2 x Bloodthirsty. Nirn mainhand, Infused offhand. Lover Mundus. All Weapon Damage glyphs. Poison mainhand, Absorb Stam offhand, Infused Berserker Maelstrom bow.

CP: 66 Precise Strikes, 64 Mighty, 44 Thaum, 21 Piercing, 72 Master-at-Arms, 3 Physical Weapon Expert

These are crit hit values for light attacks.

Orc Warden
    Unbuffed: 6710
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 7323
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 7749
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 8412

Khajiit Warden
    Unbuffed: 6629
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 7222
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 7619
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 8317

Orc Sorc
    Unbuffed: 7420
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 8030
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8525
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9272

Khajiit Sorc
    Unbuffed: 7346
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 7892
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8331
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9115

Now, I'll put on Veiled Heritance instead of Advancing Yokeda and proc it:

Orc Sorc
    Veiled Heritance: 7839
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality: 8468
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8966
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9637

Khajiit Sorc
    Veiled Heritance: 7876
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality: 8499
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8971
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9691

Note that in the final set of tests, the Khajiit does more damage. You need to have sufficiently high Weapon Damage to start with. This will become even more apparent if Minor Brutality is provided. Also keep in mind that the Khajiit crit bonus will buff enchant procs, whereas the Orc/Dunmer weapon damage bonus will not, so that narrows the actual DPS gap in the prior test cases.

The last two sentences alone should be enough to shut up the whiners. Khajiit is the only races that can buff enchant procs, which makes them on par with others easily. Many people just dont factor in everything when they test...

but for sake with that pathetic difference in last tets here how it would be buff if you are sitting at around 50-60% crit? orc with flat damage will have advatnage at this point at all
    + this was also not tested on nb/templar which have additional crit damage itself whiel everyone on forum also write as nb's and templars will have less efficient use of this passive than rest classes without crit dmg bonus like sorc
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Is today like Bad Theorycrafting Day or something? A new wonderful holiday I didn't know about?

I'm just going to copypasta my response from another thread, but for real y'all, do some in-depth testing, think about your results, think about how they might extrapolate with group buffs, crunch the numbers, and double-check your work. Don't ping a bunch of ZOS employees and class reps and create a big commotion unless you've done all that.

First, take off your Shock enchant. Minor Vulnerability is probably skewing your tests.

Second, this all depends on your starting Weapon Damage and Crit Damage modifier values.

Let me demonstrate.

Setup:

5 x Perfect Rele, 5 x Advancing Yokeda, 2 x Velidreth. All Divines. 1 x Infused, 2 x Bloodthirsty. Nirn mainhand, Infused offhand. Lover Mundus. All Weapon Damage glyphs. Poison mainhand, Absorb Stam offhand, Infused Berserker Maelstrom bow.

CP: 66 Precise Strikes, 64 Mighty, 44 Thaum, 21 Piercing, 72 Master-at-Arms, 3 Physical Weapon Expert

These are crit hit values for light attacks.

Orc Warden
    Unbuffed: 6710
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 7323
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 7749
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 8412

Khajiit Warden
    Unbuffed: 6629
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 7222
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 7619
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 8317

Orc Sorc
    Unbuffed: 7420
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 8030
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8525
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9272

Khajiit Sorc
    Unbuffed: 7346
    Buffed with Major Brutality: 7892
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8331
    Buffed with Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9115

Now, I'll put on Veiled Heritance instead of Advancing Yokeda and proc it:

Orc Sorc
    Veiled Heritance: 7839
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality: 8468
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8966
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9637

Khajiit Sorc
    Veiled Heritance: 7876
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality: 8499
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force: 8971
    Veiled Heritance & Major Brutality & Minor Force & Berserker: 9691

Note that in the final set of tests, the Khajiit does more damage. You need to have sufficiently high Weapon Damage to start with. This will become even more apparent if Minor Brutality is provided. Also keep in mind that the Khajiit crit bonus will buff enchant procs, whereas the Orc/Dunmer weapon damage bonus will not, so that narrows the actual DPS gap in the prior test cases.

Excellent pointing out about enchants, I myself had forgotten about em, you get an insightful