The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

2019 QOL Wish-list for ESO

notyuu
notyuu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It's super simple, a wish list of things that as a whole as well as being nice to have
  1. The ability to dye our powers/abilities: It would allow great customization for the players...cuz ya know, a glowing golden vigor doesn't exactly suit the theme of a night blade
  2. The ability to dye our hair
  3. The ability to hide any armour pieces: such as the shoulders, belt, gauntlets..you get the idea
  4. Adding the stealable clothing options to the outfit system
  5. Removing the fee OR item cap from Pirharri: to make them useful
  6. Adding a house or three that has a hidden room: complete with secret door and switch/button to open and close it
  7. Class change token
  8. Unlocking grip on weapon skins: as in letting people make their greatsword look like a dagger, or their sword like a maul
  9. Fixing the dye colours to be consistent across all the styles: for example, warrior steel on ebony looks different from warriors steel on glass, which again looks different from warriors steel on breton
  10. Making scars and makeup/tattoos separate: so you can have both on at once
  11. Invisible staff skin: Closest thing we're going to get to hand magic as a weapon knowing the devs :(
  12. A special container that holds only furnishings but has no storage space limit
  13. More weapon emotes: we got one so far, the gladiator taunt...more would be nice, like weapon idles
  14. Tweaking the craftable sets to be worth while: really, out of all of them only about 5 see any actual use
  15. A little blue [Z] which gets put on a post when it gets seen by one of the devs: to prove they actually see things...thus reducing salt by about 15%
  16. High Hrothgar Festival Mint momento or skin: it's neat

well that's my little list...what's yours?
Edited by notyuu on February 9, 2019 1:42PM
  • Dorrow
    Dorrow
    ✭✭✭
    Double specialization with different skills and CP.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Dorrow - Dragonknight Tank
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Do a few cleanup passes across the game's code to ensure everything works as it should, and optimise anything that immediately sticks out. I seriously believe a good portion of this game's performance issues are just down to poor code.
    2. Upgrade the servers. Come on, Zenimax, it's about damn time to upgrade your server infrastructure to something released within this decade!
    3. Rework a variety of game systems to just be more reliable. Ability casting and targeting (including tab targeting) immediately come to mind.
    4. A complete rework of the movement system, including snares.
    5. Remove MMR from Battlegrounds. It's a flawed system that doesn't even do its job properly, since it measures playtime more so than personal skill, and fixing it won't help since there just isn't enough players to support a proper ranked match making system. Just remove it, go back to completely random matching.
    6. Separate group matching from MMR. I don't even need to explain how it is completely stupid that the matching system responsible for matching groups with other groups is just carelessly tacked onto the matching system responsible for matching similarly skilled players.
    7. Flesh out Battlegrounds more to be its own entire subset of the game. I'd love to be able to form a group of 12 and queue into a Battleground as an entire lobby. Could either randomise players, maybe taking roles into account to ensure a healer is placed on each team, or additionally rework the grouping system to allow players to organise their groups.

Quickly on some of your own points,
    The ability to dye our powers/abilities: It would allow great customization for the players...cuz ya know, a glowing golden vigor doesn't exactly suit the theme of a night blade

I'd be fine with this, provided it is client side only. For PVP, which I predominantly play nowadays, this would make it exceptionally hard to identify which skills a player is using.
    Unlocking grip on weapon skins: as in letting people make their greatsword look like a dagger, or their sword like a maul

Same thing here. Provided it is client side only, fine by me. Very important to know what kind of weapon my opponent is using, whether it they are using 2H, dual wield, SNB, destruction staff, restoration staff, or bow.
    Invisible staff skin: Closest thing we're going to get to hand magic as a weapon knowing the devs

And, same here.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turning off pets automatically when entering towns/crafting areas/buildings. Please.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    auction house
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. auction house
    2. integrated minimap
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Fix the Mac client
    2. Sort out the EU servers to remove FPS, lag and contention issues
    3. Fix Group Finder so it works
    4. Enable ESO + members to opt out of random DLC dungeons (but maybe make random DLC give a significantly higher reward to compensate as they are significantly more difficult and time consuming)
    4. Enable guilds to manage/run Battlegrounds (so 12 guildies could fight each other). Guilds should be able to manage balance more effectively than the current system.
    5. Get rid of crown crates or enable anything to be bought with in game gold (and feel free to make the prices as outrageous as you like)
    6. Mini map and proper guild/trader features for consoles

That's quality of life. Colouring in stuff is peripheral (although I'm all for it if people like it, just don't pretend having/not having it is game breaking).
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pre-made "builds" that we can switch between for PVE and PVP so we don't have to respec when we want to switch between content.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) be able to join 10 guilds
    2) 60 trading post sales slots per guild
    3) be able to bank and stack transmutation geodes
    4) stackable glyphs in bank
    5) not have to double bar pets
    6) not have to log in twice a day for level 3 hirelings
    7) alchemy and jewellery hirelings
    8) global daily resets at the same time
    9) fewer snares and cc from NPC's
    10) no pets indoors
    11) the ability to recall to the home base in cyrodill when the keep is not connected (keep recall stones are no good for this)
    12) battlegrounds that don't start until teams are even
    Edited by rumple9 on February 9, 2019 5:38PM
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ability to weapon swap during prime time in cyrodiil.
    The ability to use skills during prime time in cyrodiil.
    The ability to use potion during prime time in cyrodiil.

These 3 adjustmenst would make me happy
    Edited by Czirne on February 9, 2019 4:51PM
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    auction house

You really don't. I get where you're sitting there thinking, "this would be so great," but the truth is, it'd suck.

The current system functionally prevents extensive gaming of the market. You'll get people saying, "oh, but you can still do that with addons," or, "people already do that on the consoles." Thing about this is, they're wrong. If you believe that, you're wrong. The degree of market manipulation possible on a unified auction house is staggering.

The mistake most people make is in thinking that, because you'd have people manipulating the market, that would make the goodies they got as drops more valuble. In a raw, statistical sense, this is true: If someone drove the price of Tempering Alloys to 20k, you'd be able to get more gold from selling them. Except, in the event of a global auction house, that manipulation would extend accross the board. So, you'd see radical price hikes on a wide variety of goods, effectively making the additional gold you obtained selling an alloy meaningless. (Except in relation to fixed in game gold sinks.)

Right now, if someone decided they wanted to set the price for Maz chests at 1m gold... they really can't do that. Tracking down every instance in the market is functionally impossible. In fact, the addons actively work against this, as they provide historical data on the value, meaning attempting to shift prices significantly will fail, as people will continue listing the previous price, with (possilbly) a minor bump as a result of the errant data.

In a unified system AH, if someone wantd to change the value of something radically, they only need to leave a bot at the Auction House, hoovering up cheap examples of items, and relisting them at their desired price. Then when someone goes to sell an item, if they check the AH listings, they see the new, artificial price, and may choose to undercut that by some margin. However, their undercutting would still be significantly higher than the pre-manipulated price.

As for who would do this? Gold sellers. They have the most to gain, as they can generate additional cash for themselves, and further incentivize people to buy their services.

So, no, I get where you think, "hey, this'll let me buy whatever I want." Truth is, it will make the stuff you want horrifically expensive, and horrifically devalue the gold you get in game.
  • C0pp3r
    C0pp3r
    Soul Shriven
    A "dressing room" mod addition to consoles via the crown store.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Expanded or new permission category in housing that allows a designated player to place items as well as moving them for true home sharing.
    2. Hair dyeing
    3. Adding stolen clothing to outfit system
    4. Suppression zones that hide pets and prevent emotes and dueling within a small radius of crafting stations, inside banks, and around/on wayshrines.
    5. Non-hairy male skins
    6. Make accessories like earrings useable to both sexes like clothing is.
    7. And my big impractical pipe dream...offer a "in good repair" version of houses for extra money/crowns. Because I would not leave my walls crumbling if I bought a place and moved into it, and those loose boards in the balcony could cause a nasty fall. Seriously what homeowner fills a place with expensive furniture but leaves the bricks falling out of their front steps?
  • Neoicelord
    Neoicelord
    ✭✭✭
    if this game had an auction house and got rid of this useless trader system, that would be great.

SOMETHING to make this feel like a REAL mmorpg and not an online elder scrolls game.

if you are making an mmorpg, it's MMORPG FIRST, the IP second.
    Edited by Neoicelord on February 9, 2019 7:59PM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Getting these damn dungeon keys out of my bags.
  • Malfious1986
    Malfious1986
    ✭✭✭
    Being able to swap between a PvE and a PvP set up. I know it sounds crazy to some people but there are players like myself who enjoy both PvE and PvP. However having to completely redo our Champion Points and Skill Bars every time we swap from one to another is a massive inconvenience. For myself, it has gotten so annoying that I've mostly stuck with a PvE setup but rely on PvP gear to somewhat offset it, as the changes take so long and cost gold, which is silly. For QoL I would introduce a shrine or something where you can use it to 'pray' or whatever and it swaps you to a saved second spec. So when you decide to do other types of content it can be done relatively quickly. Then you can just use it again to go to your other setup. I strongly believe that if this was implemented more people would explore more of the content as they would feel less boxed in to a certain playstyle.
    Part of the PS4 EU Guild ESO - Expendable Heroes. Check out our Facebook Page! PSN Lord_Malfious
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to swap between a PvE and a PvP set up. I know it sounds crazy to some people but there are players like myself who enjoy both PvE and PvP. However having to completely redo our Champion Points and Skill Bars every time we swap from one to another is a massive inconvenience. For myself, it has gotten so annoying that I've mostly stuck with a PvE setup but rely on PvP gear to somewhat offset it, as the changes take so long and cost gold, which is silly. For QoL I would introduce a shrine or something where you can use it to 'pray' or whatever and it swaps you to a saved second spec. So when you decide to do other types of content it can be done relatively quickly. Then you can just use it again to go to your other setup. I strongly believe that if this was implemented more people would explore more of the content as they would feel less boxed in to a certain playstyle.

This is entirely reasonable. Though, I honestly hope that the revised champion point system we get will be more modular passive system. Sort of like how active skills work now.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    • The ability to hide any armour pieces: such as the shoulders, belt, gauntlets..you get the idea

At the very least, the belts, shoulders, and hands.
    • Adding the stealable clothing options to the outfit system

And, this is part of why. There's actually some really cool stuff mixed in with those, and I do really wish we could get these as outfit unlocks.
    • Removing the fee OR item cap from Pirharri: to make them useful

Okay, so, removing the fee from Pirharri would devalue the entire idea of going back to the refuge except to launder. Removing the item cap from her would be broken as hell, even with the discount.

But, there is an interesting idea here, give her a seperate transaction limit. So, you could still sell items to her, you'd get less gold per item, but you'd be able to sell more stuff to her.

Just a thought.
    • Class change token

This is, functionally, not an option. They're not holding off on a class change token because they don't care. This would cause some serious issues on the back end.
    • A special container that holds only furnishings but has no storage space limit

Not going to lie, a furnishing bag would be nice.
    • Tweaking the craftable sets to be worth while: really, out of all of them only about 5 see any actual use

To be fair, this is true of nearly all sets in the game. There are a number of functional crafted sets, but you're correct, most do not see use as endgame options.
    • A little blue [Z] which gets put on a post when it gets seen by one of the devs: to prove they actually see things...thus reducing salt by about 15%

This seems to be a backend issue with the forum management software. They've commented on the idea before, saying they like it, but since it hasn't happened, either someone in forum admin isn't getting in gear, or this really isn't possible.
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neoicelord wrote: »
    if this game had an auction house and got rid of this useless trader system, that would be great.

SOMETHING to make this feel like a REAL mmorpg and not an online elder scrolls game.

if you are making an mmorpg, it's MMORPG FIRST, the IP second.

Not sure what an auction house has to do with an RPG??? Which the "MMO" label doesn't change the fact it is an RPG.
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Class change token

This is, functionally, not an option. They're not holding off on a class change token because they don't care. This would cause some serious issues on the back end.

Would it tho? Changing class is essentialy just removing 3 skill lines, and adding 3 other skill lines instead. What about vampire and werewolf - adding or removing skill lines as well, and it works with no problem, there is even crown shop option to either become or cure werewolf/vampire. There are even some achievements attached to vamp/ww.
    To my knowledge there is no class restricted achievement, quest or gear, than would complicate things.

Option to change class is not a technical issue like some people think, its merely finacial issue. I suppose there is more profit from people buying horse upgrades and exp scrolls and profit from "class change" token is not that appealing.
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • BrokenString
    BrokenString
    ✭✭✭
    1. Integrate every addon that we MUST use in order to be able to play and have a good time.
    A few examples: minimap, the trade guilds one, the quest log for multiple quest tracking, map pins for skyshards and lore books, skill point tracker, the one that lets you sort your inventory by types of things like light, medium, heavy armor, etc.

2. Better optimization for lower latency and higher fps.

3. Shorter and fewer loading screens.

4. If you have a 60/60/60 mount skills in one character you could buy all of them at once with another (45k). In other words without the cooldown to the highest level in your account/server. Prob wont happen because people buy upgrades from the store.

5. More attention to the imperials as a whole. Race passives, new enemies, new quests in Cyrodiil or whatever, more lore, etc.

That's what I can think of right now
    Edited by BrokenString on February 12, 2019 7:43AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czirne wrote: »
    • Class change token

Would it tho?

Yes. This isn't a personal opinion, it's what I've been told by members of the Dev team. I've never really gone into a deep dive on the subject because, personally, it's not something I'm that interested in. But, what I've been told, and what has been alluded to publicly, is that there are some serious backend consideration with class change tokens that make it something you can't really do on the live servers.

This isn't a conspiracy to sell mount upgrades. If I had to guess, it's probably an issue with how your character's database entry stores their class data.
  • Flares
    Flares
    ✭✭✭
    Public damage meters at the end of a trial or dungeon, or open up the damage api to allow for a site similar to wowlogs, fflogs, there is one for eso, but group parses aren't good enough to analyze it yet.
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see a skill timer that is actually placed on your skills so it is easier to keep up time and work out timings on rotations. For the record I am on console so add-ons are not an option.