Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which server is best for Australians?

ZaroktheImmortal
ZaroktheImmortal
✭✭✭✭✭
So which server do you think is best? Which is more active during Australian times? Which runs the best for Aussies?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on January 28, 2024 4:41AM

Which server is best for Australians? 66 votes

North America
83%
Asha_11_ESOfioskaljbranstub17_ESODaiKahnJames-WayneWikiMeisterAzraelKriegFingolfinn01dem0n1kPocketNovaTannus15juddstahzListerJMCAlleonHamrbBananaJudas HelviarynMattT1988souravamiDKsUnite 55 votes
Europe
16%
GLP323b14_ESODarkheartTan9oSucckaelantaurarossk25MyGTXAndroconiumprof-dracko EliteWarriorGarieleKhajiitFelix 11 votes
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not voting. Haven't a clue. My Aussie friends don't play this game.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough. I'm an Aussie and I've been mostly on the North America one so far since with my experience with online games is it's usually easier to time match with them.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, my friends only play WoW (and some phone games) so can't help you since unless things changed after I quit WoW (2013) they had servers there. Of course they didn't have good connect anyway - something to do with.... um.... Telstra? Might have the name wrong there.
  • WikiMeister
    WikiMeister
    ✭✭✭
    North America
    Australian here, too. The times we get on after work, all the US people (except for the sleepless, or Pacific timers) should be asleep particularly if they're east coast. If you happen to play around midnight, you'll be sure to see some morning players, and if around noon, it'll be their early evening.
    AU | NA-PC Beta veteran since 2014. Dies to 999+ latency.
  • Shugyo
    Shugyo
    Soul Shriven
    Hi mate. My family and myself have played NA for the last 4 years and have for the last 6 months also played EU.
    Since ZOS decided to route us through Honk Kong the ping for both servers is pretty much the same.
    Night time in Australia 6pm> NA is fairly quiet and you will get you best ping then.
    Mid morning 10am> on EU is a quiet time. During events and the weekends you will find a lot more lag but that's to be expected.
    I can't really vote either way because now its so even.
    370-400 Na
    380-400 Eu
    Play both and see what works for you. If you need any help on either server getting started mail @shugyo on either server.

Good luck and good hunting.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shugyo wrote: »
    Hi mate. My family and myself have played NA for the last 4 years and have for the last 6 months also played EU.
    Since ZOS decided to route us through Honk Kong the ping for both servers is pretty much the same.
    Night time in Australia 6pm> NA is fairly quiet and you will get you best ping then.
    Mid morning 10am> on EU is a quiet time. During events and the weekends you will find a lot more lag but that's to be expected.
    I can't really vote either way because now its so even.
    370-400 Na
    380-400 Eu
    Play both and see what works for you. If you need any help on either server getting started mail @shugyo on either server.

Good luck and good hunting.

Thanks.
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am playing from Brisvegas. I know a lot of Aussies are playing on the US server. Apparently, timezone is slightly more Aussie-friendly and server connection a bit better. I dont know if this is true, as I have never played on the US server, ever.

That said, I am playing on EU/PC as I used to live a lot closer to the EU server and have played on it for almost 5 yrs so I have made friends and guilds there. Latency can be tough and timezone is definitely tricky. But I make do. Got to do what you've got to do.

I suggest try both so you can compare and decide as to which one is better for you, personally.
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • Rylisin
    Rylisin
    ✭✭✭
    North America
    I'm from NZ (eeey across the ditch) and I found the NA used to be better. Not exactly AUS, but close enough.
    Prime time for me generally was mid-day to late afternoon, but I am aware there are a some oceanic guilds running end-game content in better times in the evening on weekdays for players in those locations if that's your thing - but you'd have to dig around to find them i think. I've seen a few advertise in zone-chat here and there. If you have time to play in the weekend during the morning/day then you've got a bit more freedom.

Dungeons / trials with a good guild is preferable to a pug in my experience, however I dont PVP so I can't speak for what prime-time is like there.

However with saying, I don't play anymore due to my complaints with the game, mainly the hefty ping spike we've been experiencing since Murkmire, so take what I've said with a grain of salt. :disappointed:
    PC | NA - NZ Player. Played since mid 2016, CP 1380+ An autistic, tired, coffee driven Kiwi. I draw a lot of fantasy and things.Cirion Adaine - Warden / Crafter | - Niryahil Adaine - NB healer - Ciara Ruhaerin - Nightblade something something, and a few alts for good measure.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    North America
    Us Australians get 100 less ping on NA
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    North America
    Lol eu server is a joke :D
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    North America
    I play EU from asia but this server is a joke

NA has the Best ping by far
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    North America
    I am in QLD & I tried both megaservers & NA consistently gave better pings.
    If you have the bandwidth... download both & swap between them & see which is better for you.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Coggo
    Coggo
    ✭✭✭
    North America
    Playing in Melbourne: ping 340 to NA with Battleping. 380 to 400 to EU.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    North America
    Both servers are absolute garbage for us, but NA is slightly less garbage. Plus more English speakers are on NA making group play a bit easier.
  • Audrena
    Audrena
    ✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    Both servers are absolute garbage for us, but NA is slightly less garbage.

Sums it up pretty well.

NA used to be about 200-220ms ping from Melbourne. Then ZOS added the Akamai anti-DDOS thing that they won't remove, despite it tanking the game's network performance, and now the latency meter is permanently red, sitting around 320 most of the time and often hovering around 350-380.

I haven't voted, because from here, they're both as bad as each other. And with EU being a LOT further away, they shouldn't even vaguely be similar.

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None, eso is a joke for performance.

Or better yet, any other mmo appreciates their oceanic communities alot better..
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    North America
    I sit here writing this as my ping on the NA server is 999+. Beside that small inconvenience NA seems best.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    North America
    From what I've heard, NA is better for everywhere except the west coast.

I've played both servers from the east coast and I get about 100-200 less ping on NA.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in AU and I play on EU
    EU / NA / PC
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Not voting. Haven't a clue. My Aussie friends don't play this game.
    why do you feel the need to comment on every post when 99% of the time your comment is basically "i dont know" or "i dont care". You sound so miserable.

• Chronocidal
    Chronocidal
    ✭✭✭
    North America
    perth

ping around 300ms (on a good day)
  • Alleon
    Alleon
    ✭✭✭
    North America
    Im gonna tell You only this: dont play on EU server its a true sh*tfest.
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    I play both servers. EU is my main, but ping is definitely better on NA. I've started a char there.

Just depends what guild events fit better with your timezone. Honestly, there's always someone on in most guilds at any time regardless of server.

Oh, and I'm in South Australia.

Good luck.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please ZOS, change Akami routing through Asia and give us back <250 ping.
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    North America
    Please ZOS, change Akami routing through Asia and give us back <250 ping.

This. NA used to be at least 100ms better than EU but not anymore. These days they're both red zone (albeit NA is a bit better).
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    North America
    perth

ping around 300ms (on a good day)

bro, i'm in Melbourne and i get 311 or so.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NA server is even better for EU players, so i guess thats answering ur question
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sit on 180 ping........
    In guild wars 2 :D:D:D

(Eso sits in around that 450 mark)
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NA is better... but i use that term losely.. there is nothing good about it at all..
    310 just logging in standing in a bank

PvE is doable.. sometimes you die cos your rolled out of an AoE, but you didn't.

PvP is where our ping really sucks... i can't count the times, my barswaps don't register, button clicks aren't registering... and i am like half second behind whoever I am fighting.. and they think they actually beat me... frustrating to say the least...
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • aNamelessHenchman
    aNamelessHenchman
    Soul Shriven
    I'm in Australia and I stopped playing. Too much Lag. Won't play unless they deploy an Australian server.
This discussion has been closed.